• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Thinking about a name change because using my name as my forum name is kinda unimaginative and people keep on thinking it's for the Pokemon character. xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Why resist? Sounds like you already have your mind made up already. Why doubt it?

It's not like it's any worse than Dawn to you, nor will you be stuck with it if it turns out to not be the best choice.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't know any horror mangas, but someone in the Anime & Manga DCC might be able to point you in the right direction :'D

There's a mini harry potter marathon on SyFy rn and I'm disappoint it's only OotP and HBP. I recently listened to the audiobooks narrated by Jim Dale and I'm just seeing how much was chopped. Each movie after PoA should've been split into 2

pkmin3033

I see horror more as a theme rather than a genre...things that actively *try* to be horror do absolutely nothing for me, but I get elements of horror in things I don't expect all the time...probably because I don't expect them.

pkmin3033

That's part of the problem with it...it's so overdone. You can see it coming and it's not particularly scary, just...unappealing. It's more scary, in my opinion, when you don't see it coming.

pkmin3033

I'm OK with gore...to a point. Anything messing with eyes I can't watch. At all. Really it depends on my mood and whether or not I see it coming as to how well I handle gore. If I know it's coming I can take it in stride.

I don't get too much exposure to it these days, though...not outside of Grimm, anyway.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Good ole days of VG, i would probably be discussing on how much i love dem Gorey stuff in muh video games, and i still do. As for movies, i pretty much agree with what Dawn says, Gore is nice and all but if its overused, it takes away the "mystique" or the shock factor of the element.

Though to be fair, i remember reading on some Mahvel comics like Siege and seen that panel where The Sentry rips apart some other superhero in half (Ares i think?) was pretty shocking when i first saw it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back