• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Very nice deck.
    You need to let me know how much of that stuff you still have! :D

Try to get that list, just PM me what you have and such.

Also, can't stand bands like One Direction, but that is just me.​

Years
    HELL YEAH

/HIGH FIVES BACK!

Years
    I tried collecting state coins once. I lost my thing that contained them all, so I was like "whatever BYE"

My mom has a collection of state coins that are like..part of beanie babies? idek

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Oh god, I remember collecting State Quarters. I had all 50 of them...then I went shopping. You get the ending. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Oh God the quarters. My mom legit forced me to collect them, stating that the predictions said that they would be worth hundreds years later. Turns out they're still only worth a quarter. My grandpa got a hold of five hundred of them, and then cashed them in. He bought me a pack of Pokemon cards with some of it. c':

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    While I'm here I'd like to say YGO took no skill, whoever had the best cards won, was nothing like the anime! /cries.

Also I don't think I've really ever 'Collected' anything but I have pokemon cards and YGO cards and all that stuff >.> But that's just being a child having those things i thought..

Also, Bacon covered steak. AWESOME. I had it for dinner, was amazing.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Oh God the quarters. My mom legit forced me to collect them, stating that the predictions said that they would be worth hundreds years later. Turns out they're still only worth a quarter. My grandpa got a hold of five hundred of them, and then cashed them in. He bought me a pack of Pokemon cards with some of it. c':
    Oh noes! How could you make your great-grandchildren starve like that!

But really, the most common rare coins are the 3¢ wheaties and the last time any coin was worth anything substantial were some pennies (or nickels idk) from 1909 and there's only five of them so good luck bro

But I think right now Indian head pennies (the ones from 1910~1940) cost about $1-$5 each. Which is a good deal if you ask me. Keep a $50 bag of pennies in your closet or something. It'll be worth like $500 in 50 years.

Also, bacon!!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Damn, missed most of the yugioh talk.

I haven't found any place that does this, but dollar general used to sell varity packs of trading cards. I loved those. It would have a couple packs of a few diffrient TCG's (Yugioh, pokemon, two diffrient Gundam series, DBZ, and others that I'm forgetting.) It was $5 for one, and they had 5 packs each. This happened a while back, I think about... two years before GX was released.

I've lost all the cards I got from them, and that pisses me off. Mainly because of the Gundam cards since I've never found any more packs.

Anyway, I've given up on organizing my cards. I keep all the commons in spare collectors tins, and in card boxes. I have all the rares in sleeves and in a card box. (I have a small amount of cards in the magnetic plastic holders too.) I have a LC2 binder that I haven't bothered peicing out, but meh, the cards are safe enough in that.

When I used to organize them, I'd seperate them by traps, spells, and monsters. I'd then divide monsters by type (N/E/F/R) and then element. I'd have the elements going alphabetically, and then seperate the seperate elements by level before putting the seperate levels in alphabetical order. Took a long time to organize them, but it made it easy to find a specific card.

Anyway, FOOD! Your sig makes me hungry... Even though I just ate (Before you ask, bacon cheeseburger :))

You know what I really want though? This.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Damn, missed most of the yugioh talk.

I haven't found any place that does this, but dollar general used to sell varity packs of trading cards. I loved those. It would have a couple packs of a few diffrient TCG's (Yugioh, pokemon, two diffrient Gundam series, DBZ, and others that I'm forgetting.) It was $5 for one, and they had 5 packs each. This happened a while back, I think about... two years before GX was released.

I've lost all the cards I got from them, and that pisses me off. Mainly because of the Gundam cards since I've never found any more packs.

Oh God I remember that. The one in my town sold Teen Titan cards, Naruto, Harry Potter, and Pokemon stats cards, not the actual TCG cards. I remember they even had the Pokemon action figures after Wal-Mart stopped selling them. It was amazing.

And what IS that monstrosity of a meal you just posted?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    ^ By removing the salad.
    I hate vegetables. i get that they're healthy for you, and I WANT to eat them, but something about the texture of all types and forms of vegetables turns me off completely. No matter what. Steamed, boiled, fried, etc etc, can't eat them.
    I'm a carnivore with the exception of grains, dairy, and potatoes.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    ^ By removing the salad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

For me, it depends on how they are prepared. The only vegatable that I'll eat raw is broccoli. Most others need to be roasted or boiled first. One that I won't eat though is a tomato. It just... looks wrong. On the outside, it looks great, but open it up and... ugh. Slimy slimy slimy. Can't stand it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Back then I despised vegetables, now I like almost all of them but I stress almost. Broccoli, onions, green beans, asparagus, lima beans, and artichokes are a few of my favorites nowadays. Still not touching bell peppers for the life of me though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    See, the only way for me to eat a veggie is for the person to hide it uber well in my food, to where I can't see it, or feel it in my mouth when I eat it. If they could do that, I'd be fine and dandy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back