• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
my Vivaldi doesn't really do that. o.o;

... but it's not on the list of startup apps on Windows 10, so that make sense why it wouldn't....

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
What's also bizarre about it is the fact that it loads with the pages I was last on before I turned the computer off, instead of the pages I have selected as my start pages.

Years
Any ideas why my browser (Vivaldi) opens on start-up of my computer, even though it doesn't have an option for that in settings, and it's not listed in the list of programs that start on start up?
If you are on Windows 10, and shut down or rebooted with Vivaldi open, it's programmed to open up any programs upon startup that you had open when shutting down. I'm not sure if there's a way to disable this, but thankfully Microsoft didn't fully get rid of their old shut down procedures.

If you hold down Alt+F4 on your desktop with all programs minimized, a window will come up to prompt you for shut down, sleep, restart, etc. Doing this method will close all of your programs.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
If you are on Windows 10, and shut down or rebooted with Vivaldi open, it's programmed to open up any programs upon startup that you had open when shutting down.

I close Vivaldi fully before shutting down, and it doesn't do this with any other programs.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Hey folks, how's things? Hit a bit of a snag recently. I'm trying to save photos from my dad's iPhone 7 (front screen is a total write-off, but touch functions mostlyyyy still work), but it's been tricky. For one, when I copy photos onto my PC, half of them show up as 0 bytes in size, but they display fine on the phone. Any idea what's going on? I was speculating if this is a sign some files are corrupted maybe? 🤔 This is probably the first and last time I am going to be using an iPhone too, so 'free' solutions would be preferred! (I'm waryyyy of d/wing iTunes -- might put it on my old comp when I get the chance)

Also I can't believe Apple is really charging €1 per month for 50GB of cloud storage? It's gross how they advertise it in your face when your standard 5GB cloud is nearly full

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hey folks, how's things? Hit a bit of a snag recently. I'm trying to save photos from my dad's iPhone 7 (front screen is a total write-off, but touch functions mostlyyyy still work), but it's been tricky. For one, when I copy photos onto my PC, half of them show up as 0 bytes in size, but they display fine on the phone. Any idea what's going on? I was speculating if this is a sign some files are corrupted maybe? 🤔 This is probably the first and last time I am going to be using an iPhone too, so 'free' solutions would be preferred! (I'm waryyyy of d/wing iTunes -- might put it on my old comp when I get the chance)

Also I can't believe Apple is really charging €1 per month for 50GB of cloud storage? It's gross how they advertise it in your face when your standard 5GB cloud is nearly full

Have you perhaps checked that they might actually be saved onto his iCloud account? Or is iCloud simply not being used in this case? You should be able to pull them from internal storage but I haven't seen anyone have issues with it - my manager used my laptop the other day to copy everything from her iPhone X and had no issues with it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Dear techdiary,

It has now been 3 months since I had the fateful idea of building a PC. It led me to needing a keyboard, which led me to mechanical keyboards, which led me to now having 5 expensive mechanical keyboards in my possession, albeit 2 temporarily. The end is not on the horizon yet. In fact, I have another one coming soon.

Scared regards,
rika

Years
Dear techdiary,

It has now been 3 months since I had the fateful idea of building a PC. It led me to needing a keyboard, which led me to mechanical keyboards, which led me to now having 5 expensive mechanical keyboards in my possession, albeit 2 temporarily. The end is not on the horizon yet. In fact, I have another one coming soon.

Scared regards,
rika
dear rika,

this is a great idea and we should make this its own thread!

<3,
zach

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I'm just happy with my one mechanical keyboard. Don't think I'll be upgrading it until it dies.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
Years
once you go mechanical, you never go back.

I adore my keyboard rn, only upgraded it when my old one dies or when I don't like using it anymore, which was the case with my old Logitech G710+

I tend to swap peripherals when things go bad in games :v

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 25, 2019
My keyboard has been working for four years,It will work......

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Ahaha and here I am already thinking about what to build next xD

Years
im kind of ashamed i still dont know how to build a computer yet... my mind is making it out to be way harder than it probably is ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back