• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Negative ppl :/ There are MMOs out there which are entertaining and free of cost.

While I do grant theres this addictive trait to MMO's, you can keep it from becoming that way provided you are mature enough.

Cosign on this. The only MMO I'm "playing", and rather sporadically at that, is Lord of the Rings Online. It's F2P. The graphics are gorgeous and the story is really interesting. I love the world of LOTR so that is an added bonus to me over these sort of heartless F2Ps that flood the market.

For me an MMO has to engage me and let me "escape" into it for it to be worthwhile. With the lore and playerbase of LOTRO I'm OK grinding out the "Please snag ten of these" and "Kill twelve of those" quests. It's a chore, sure, but being in that world makes it alright for me. I'd rather drudge away in Middle Earth than be bored in our world :P.

Years
    D.Grey-man resembles one of my most beloved manga: Fullmetal Alchemist. The main characters are almost identical (except Ed is shorter, Walker is more light-hearted and not as dark as Ed). The Homunculus and Noah's family are identical as well, except Noah's family is more prideful and stuff.

But really D.Grey-man is just really cool on how it deals with fights, it's much like...One Piece in a way, both try not to make all of their characters not to overpowered. But D.Grey-man makes Exorcists have a hard time all the time, like they got their asses kicked in like the 10th chapter.

Also the humor resembles FMA a lot.

So that's why I find it interesting.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I hate WoW for life. The reason why I broke up with my previous boyfriend was because he cares so much about WoW than myself. This proves that it can be so addictive.

Starcraft, however, is something I would love to try out... but I need a better computer though.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I never played WoW before but it we had to play it for a project but I never got the chance to do it. I don't usually play games for the PC like WoW.

Years
    I hate WoW for life. The reason why I broke up with my previous boyfriend was because he cares so much about WoW than myself. This proves that it can be so addictive.

Starcraft, however, is something I would love to try out... but I need a better computer though.

Friend o' Mine said:
    A Girl or the Ferrari? I choose the Ferrari, Chicks you can get anywhere.

You get the point, unless he really liked you.

Years

Just be careful not to get addicted like they do over in South Korea. There are people who seriously make a living off of playing the original Starcraft over there.

You could probably easily find the original and play it, since the original doesn't need nearly as nice of a computer as Starcraft 2 does, as it was released in... 1997, I think.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I think they're both kind of blah. I'm more of a Civ person myself but I'm not really into PC games anyway.

Years
    The only sim games I've played have been Sim City 4, Sim City 2000 and Roller Coaster Tycoon. :U

Not bad choices for games at all.

I think they're both kind of blah. I'm more of a Civ person myself but I'm not really into PC games anyway.

Civilization is one of the best PC game series of all time. Like, top two, right behind Sim City.

I remember playing Sim City waaay back when my elementary school had Apple computers. No. Not Macs like we do now. They had the funky colors on the backs of them and if you tried to start it up if the Hard Drive crashed, it made a horrible sound. :P

Those were actually Macs. The first iMacs. As in these iMacs:

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Age.

That is the only thing preventing me from royally curbstomping my little sister right now.

Seriously... Because of family issues, I can't help but take pity on her and all, but...

Everyone else pities her as well. And my dad bribes her for her affection.

She's a little, horrific, hellish, brat.

*Twitch*

She was whining about how it was cold, and kept demanding that I turn the heat up, and refused to wear a coat.

I gave her mine, just to silence her.

*Twitch*

Yeah, she's just a kid, blahbady blah. She parrots everything she hears on that damn television, and spreads unhappiness and bitterness with her behavior, and fondness for commenting on things best left alone.

-_-

RAAAAAAAAAAGE.

"Excuse me, Miss Yukari... Let me take Marisa. Because I really. Need. To. Hit. Something."
    -Kotohime

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Yes, the old iMacs were kinda chubby because they used CRT monitors.

Yeah I remember them at my Primary school, in the Kindergarten class rooms XD They were blue and... orange ones I think.

Shanghai- Yes that is what my little sibling is like too sometimes XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Just be careful not to get addicted like they do over in South Korea. There are people who seriously make a living off of playing the original Starcraft over there.

You could probably easily find the original and play it, since the original doesn't need nearly as nice of a computer as Starcraft 2 does, as it was released in... 1997, I think.

Oh nooo, I don't want to get TOO addicted. I have a life to worry about. haha.

I'll try to find the original and try it out when I get a chance, or probably when I return from my internet hiatus.

Emperte

はがねタイプ
    Years
    WHAT KIND OF SCHOOLS DID YOU GO TO?! We had crayons and paper in primary school!!! /rage

Years
    WHAT KIND OF SCHOOLS DID YOU GO TO?! We had crayons and paper in primary school!!! /rage

WE HAD THOSE TOO. BUT MY SCHOOL ALSO HAD A COMPUTER LAB WITH THOSE IMACS. AND THIS WAS A PUBLIC SCHOOL.

Oh nooo, I don't want to get TOO addicted. I have a life to worry about. haha.

I'll try to find the original and try it out when I get a chance, or probably when I return from my internet hiatus.

Yeah. It shouldn't be too hard to do in moderation, as long as you remember you have a life. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back