• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Dizzy said:
    Are you sticking up for Alyssa?? Aww Thats Cute, Ignores Dizzy, Loves Alyssa :)

Really man. I don't think anyone would make fun of themselves. :P
    Would I make fun of myself? No...(unless I was drunk but I'm under-aged) XD
    Would you make fun of yourself? :P
    Naahh I don't think so.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    I make fun of myself, when I record songs I make fun of my self :). I'm just that kind of Person I guess.

What categories would anyone like to see on the Next MOTM....

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Dizzy said:
    I make fun of myself, when I record songs I make fun of my self :). I'm just that kind of Person I guess.

What categories would anyone like to see on the Next MOTM....
    lol, I was going to say "I'm stupid" in response to PM10k post

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    22sa said:
    lol, I was going to say "I'm stupid" in response to PM10k post

Alright. I'll make fun of myself.
    "I'm stupid" :P
    I didn't mean that...or did I? XD

And Dizzy, you can shorten "Member You can't live without" catagory to "Best member".

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Pokemaster10000 said:
    Alright. I'll make fun of myself.
    "I'm stupid" :P
    I didn't mean that...or did I? XD

And Dizzy, you can shorten "Member You can't live without" catagory to "Best member".
    actually that's quite a BIG difference... x.x

Best member is a lot more objective than member you can't live without... you can choose any member and say you can't live without it. Best member at least need some quantitative measurements to it you know (and most likely a staff member will rule that one too). There are difference due to diction...

And I think 2 more categories can be cut out too, to make it 14 which is quite an ideal number.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    If I know what your talking about, frostweaver, it's the member you can't live without and best new member. Anything else is priceless, we need them.

But Pokemaster10000, that's what Favorite Male/Female Member is for. If I merged them together, it wouldnt feel right.

22sa

Years
    Why don't we... replace those 2 categories (though I don't mind them much) with Coolest Member and Smartest Member? They're like my two favourite categories and they've not been present since, like, when Miyu-chan hosted MOTM.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Dizzy said:
    If I know what your talking about, frostweaver, it's the member you can't live without and best new member. Anything else is priceless, we need them.

But Pokemaster10000, that's what Favorite Male/Female Member is for. If I merged them together, it wouldnt feel right.
    actually... i was thinking about taking out most popular and most admirable...

Reason:
    -so what's so important about popularity... popular people can be smart and stupid... it really doesn't mean anything.

-if you admire someone, most likely it's you'll like that person too (resulting in them going into your favorite member category)

EDIT: cool is the same as popular pretty much... and saying someone is smart is indirectly saying others are dumb in your eyes x.x

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    frostweaver said:

Reason:
    -so what's so important about popularity... popular people can be smart and stupid... it really doesn't mean anything.

-if you admire someone, most likely it's you'll like that person too (resulting in them going into your favorite member category)

EDIT: cool is the same as popular pretty much... and saying someone is smart is indirectly saying others are dumb in your eyes x.x

Does that make me stupid? :/....XD, I also like her rule for the No-more-than-4. The thing that prevents any votes for the certain person :). Prevents Guilt. Yah Cool.. and popular, are just going to be cool. Or Cool/Popular. Or something.

22sa

Years
    frostweaver said:

Reason:

lol, I take a different approach to every category.

Years
    frostweaver said:

Reason:

Wow, I never thought of it that way...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I think I?d reword/remove all the ?best? categories. Always bugged me, kind of.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Kairi said:
    I think I?d reword/remove all the ?best? categories. Always bugged me, kind of.
    replace the word "best" with "favorite" and there's your solution to your problem. Just have to make the categories as subjective as you can instead of objective, and you can "minimize" the damage done that way.

(really all forms of "voting" or "competition" hurts someone one way or another... it's just that if the damage done is bearable or not. This varies from people to people)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think that voting shouldn't hurt people's feelings that much. And if they do, just don't look at the votes or results!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    replace the word "best" with "favorite" and there's your solution to your problem. Just have to make the categories as subjective as you can instead of objective, and you can "minimize" the damage done that way.

(really all forms of "voting" or "competition" hurts someone one way or another... it's just that if the damage done is bearable or not. This varies from people to people)

Eh playing favorites, frostweaver? Actually, to tell you the truth, putting best in front of any category, makes no sense. Example: Best New Member... come on you can't be the best new member. I'm revamping that category.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Uurgh...I'm not going to be able to be on that much for a few days...I can't help it, I've been playing my gamecube for hours at a time...I'll probably have plenty of time later this week and on the weekend though...but for now I can't help getting over my addiction to the gc so I might only be able to post once or twice a day for a while...

Don't forget about me! o_o;;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    pokejungle said:
    I think that voting shouldn't hurt people's feelings that much. And if they do, just don't look at the votes or results!
    Actually we did have a poll over if MOTM should say... and just 60% say it should (the other 40% are against it due to their own reasons, mostly because it lost its meaning and it hurts the feelings of members).

Oh well... but this month is a nice change from a MOTM with way too much categories to one of quite reasonable length (can be 2 shorter imho)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back