• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Boring, lots of studying and spacing out. -.- So I had half an hour left to my exam time and I wasted it on doodling my exam paper up.
    I was worse. I had about an hour and a half left in my exams, and I spent at least half an hour doodling all over the paper, even though I still hadn't finished. Actually, I've spaced out even worse than that before XD;

Do you have many exams left?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I was worse. I had about an hour and a half left in my exams, and I spent at least half an hour doodling all over the paper, even though I still hadn't finished. Actually, I've spaced out even worse than that before XD;

Do you have many exams left?
    May the curse upon us be lifted. Please God. Amen.

I have none left till my finals in December. Today was the last of my in-term tests.

Edit: cya

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'm out, i gotta go, i'll see you guy's l8er
    Didn't you read the OC rules that I linked you to? They state that leaving/welcome posts are not permitted.

Well, bye anyway~

May the curse upon us be lifted. Please God. Amen.

I have none left till my finals in December. Today was the last of my in-term tests.
    Well, I'm completely finished with school :P, but good luck to you and your exams.

:|

That's an incredibly ignorant statement.

Unfortunately, war is necessary in many cases. People just aren't.. at a point where they can solve their problems without force involved.

One side wants one thing, the other wants another, another wants something else. Instinct leads to physical violence. War is inevitable. There are too many different groups on our planet with way too different points of view to be able to fully cooperate without violence.
    Conflicts of interest, the cause of most disputes. It's sad that it can lead to war, but wars can be quite beneficial to at least one side involved. WWII stimulated the U.S economy and led to them being the superpower of the modern world. A lot of technology developed from necessity during war have become a part of our everyday lives.

Yeah, I hate war too, but as Ausaudriel said, at times it is inevitable.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hitler's not cool, he's evil, and he has a evil mind.

Well, psychologically speaking (or not), no one ever thinks of themselves as evil or possessing an evil mind of any sorts. Adolf Hitler's anti-Semite ideals were thought of as good acts done for humanity by himself and a number of other people.

Not defending him or anything, just saying.

Jordan.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    :|

That's an incredibly ignorant statement.

Unfortunately, war is necessary in many cases. People just aren't.. at a point where they can solve their problems without force involved.

One side wants one thing, the other wants another, another wants something else. Instinct leads to physical violence. War is inevitable. There are too many different groups on our planet with way too different points of view to be able to fully cooperate without violence.
    I kinda agree with you , but then I don't agree with you.
    In a way war can be pointless.
    Alot of peoples lives are being taken away from them because of war, both sides are losing
    more and more people each battle.

Also as you said, sometimes war can be inevitable, and sometimes you must use force to solve problems, but I also think that we should be able to find another way without war.

Thats just my opinion of course.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Nazi Germany:
    1. Never had any true strategic bombing capability
    2. Had too small an industrial and manpower base to feed its war effort, even with the annexation of Austria and Czechoslovakia
    3. Was nowhere near actually developing a viable nuclear weapon when World War II ended
    4. Suffered from a leader who made extremely stupid decisions regarding the war effort overall
    I could spend hours going on about how Germany was at a disadvantage compared to its adversaries.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Hitler was an interesting person. Usually I get yelled at for thinking dictators are interesting, but it's true. I just don't think they have very good ideology and, obviously, I condemn their crimes.

I don't like war; I hate it. But Audy is right -- it's inevitable. It's a basic feature of life -- different groups will be competing over something and they'll kill each other. We've just built guns and bombs and chimaera viruses with which to do so.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    War is boring, basically all we do in history is about wars. Like, we should totally learn more interesting things.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Really? I always found the parts of history class that focussed on war to be the most interesting. I mean, politics always interested me too, but... war was just... I dunno. I loved learning about it and I'm not sure why. xD;

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    The history about famous locations would be much more interesting than people fighting...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Mm, maybe, maybe not. I've only really taken Canadian history since I never went into the electives, but I always found the wars more fun to learn about.

Plus, I'm not much of a person for monuments and famous places. :|

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    War is boring, basically all we do in history is about wars. Like, we should totally learn more interesting things.
    If wars are so boring then how come they tend to major points in history hmmmmmmmmm?

I love studying wars, both ancient and modern. The events leading up to it, battles occuring throughout it (especially the decisive ones), and the aftermath are all pretty interesting.

I think you just assume all stuff that happened a while ago is boring XD

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Mm, maybe, maybe not. I've only really taken Canadian history since I never went into the electives, but I always found the wars more fun to learn about.

Plus, I'm not much of a person for monuments and famous places. :|

For our history course, we learn a basis of each of the things we get marked on. Such as NSS, Politics... -doesn't pay that much attention to what we actually do-

Famous places are interesting, famous places would be more interesting though, if we actually saw them in person.

If wars are so boring then how come they tend to major points in history hmmmmmmmmm?

I think you just assume all stuff that happened a while ago is boring XD

Because the teachers find fun in making us suffer maybe?

... True. Unless I was actually there for it, the event seems less exciting.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I actually really enjoy History, if I didn't then I wouldn't have taken it for GCSE. I usually find things like wars and other past events interesting. The only part of History I dislike is probably learning about the Tudors. D:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I did history at GCSE as well. It got boring as all I did was about WW1 and WW2. I wanted it to be about the other wars. I had already done them wars before.

I got a D in history. Same as all my other lessons. Passed only 3. XD

Years
  • *Jumps from nowhere and starts talking like he's been here since forever*
    (since forever?)
    Any way, I want some posts D: REALY hate History, because our History teacher is realy boring~!, he talks for 30 mins to explain a realy simple thing, and because it realy easy~!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I never really had a prob with history (you can learn a lot from history, the mistakes people made before you, the way you got that freedom you have, or the land you're standing on, and all sorts of stuff). It's not "OMG" or "Oh crap..." but it's something I learn and don't have a prob with... now when it comes to math and numbers... heh... I hate that stuff. XD

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    My History teacher is thankfully really good, I swear he has some magical powers or something to make us remember dates and names of certain people. Because in my recent American History assessment I knew all of the dates and people required; and I didn't even revise. Odd. XD At the moment we're looking at the Politics side of the New Deal in History, which I somewhat find interesting, unlike my other friends in class who find it incredibly boring. XDD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back