• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Also interested in Town - got a little bit of Ni No Kuni vibes from it, very excited to hear more about it. It's the first Switch-exclusive game announced in a while I'm really interested in.
I did however get it in the boring grey
but it looks so sleeek
I have grey as well, it's my favourite

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I've been contemplating on getting a Switch for myself mainly so i can play the Switch ports of certain games like DOOM and Wolfenstein the new colossus, as well as me being able to widen my library of games aside from PC and PS3 (still a proud owner of that lovely console), and my 3DS which is still alive.

Persona Q2 is on my hitlist already for 3DS releases.

PQ2-Labyrinth_08-04-18.jpg

pkmin3033

I need to stop buying literally everything on the Switch whenever there are cross-platform choices...I now have a pretty horrific backlog on it. But playing in handheld - because let's face it, using docked Switch is just wrong - is so much more comfortable than playing on my TV screen with my PS4.

...didn't stop me buying DQXI on PS4 though...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I'm half tempted to get BLOPS4 on PC since i have some friends who might be interested in playing it (on said platform), mainly prolly for the Blackout mode.

But i also still owe myself hours of time for me to practice and git guud at Rainbow Six Siege. ;-;, especially when i get to unlock my R6 bae in Dokkaebi (aka DOKKAEBAE).

Years
PS3 is a great console, made even better by the fact I was even more casual and not even a weeb when I had it first time around.

Not sure why you'd get a Switch for shooters though. Just pick up a second hand ps4 if your PC can't play them.

pkmin3033

PS3 was fantastic. I actually wore my first one out after 4 years of daily use and had to buy another...or pay outrageous costs to get the Blu Ray drive fixed. I didn't get one until 2009 though because of how disgustingly overpriced they were when they first launched, and I was a poor College student with no income to speak of.

PS4 is definitely the cheaper option right now when it comes to FPS titles...the cost of Wolfenstein II and Doom compared to the PS4 versions is just plain ridiculous.

Last edited:
Years
hey dawn don't judge me, i play docked switch

but that's because i game for long periods of time and i feel like if you take your switch with you, you're probably planning on gaming in short bursts here and there in the middle of other obligations which i dont have the luxury for, unfortunately. :c

pkmin3033

I wouldn't dream of taking my Switch out of the house; it's far too big to really be classified as a handheld and I'd need pockets twice the size that come down to my knees in order to fit the thing in them.

I just like being able to play it in any room in the house. I spent most of my time in either my bedroom or the dining room, and there is no TV in the latter. I also HATE the crappy controller thing you can slide the joycons into, playing with them detached feels weird, and the classic controller isn't all that comfortable.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
You could always just buy a case for the Switch, that's what I did so I could travel with my Switch. I like to play it during my breaks at work. I just wish a bunch of the first party Switch games would go on sale, I really want to buy Breath of the Wild but the price is too steep for me :(

pkmin3033

First party Nintendo games, go on sale? What madness is this?

If anything, I'd say buy the game now - it's only going to get worse. I mean, look at the price of second-hand Pokemon titles...

Honestly I don't go out enough to warrant buying a case or anything, the battery life is pathetic, and I tend to read my Kindle whilst I'm on the bus. It wouldn't surprise me if someone tried to steal it anyway...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
It was more of like how i wanted to try out the Switch ports for the heck of it. My current PC is good enough to handle most games.

Years
Related to the ps3 posting, I went into a second hand shop and got 5 games for £7 today. First 2 Ass Creed games, Metal Gear Solid 4 (I got the hd collection of the previous ones digitally ages ago), Castlevania Lords of Shadow and The Saboteur.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Related to the ps3 posting, I went into a second hand shop and got 5 games for £7 today. First 2 Ass Creed games, Metal Gear Solid 4 (I got the hd collection of the previous ones digitally ages ago), Castlevania Lords of Shadow and The Saboteur.

I loved Castlevania Lords Of Shadow! Has one of the best OSTs of any game that I've ever played, and the gameplay is good to boot! My only complaint - and you'll realize this too - is that sometimes the camera angle works to your disadvantage which stinks, but otherwise I find it as a very underrated game that flew under the radar of many gamers!

Years
Also interested in Town - got a little bit of Ni No Kuni vibes from it, very excited to hear more about it. It's the first Switch-exclusive game announced in a while I'm really interested in.

but it looks so sleeek
I have grey as well, it's my favourite

Maybe so, but I'm getting these bad boys ASAP:

jnYe7dX.png

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Slowly but surely enjoying R6 Siege a bit more.

IdTU3K2.jpg

Feels good to play the game with some friends who have spent hours on such, like 200++ hours of R6.

AND of course there's the games I'm more used to, especially the hard carrying part.
fylkmct.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Hey, question: has anyone here ever decked out their system with decals/skins before? Part of me wants to for my Switch (especially a matching theme for the Pro Controller), but I've always been conflicted on what to go for...

Back