• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    WHAT THE HELL!? Dropping the flags!? Do you know how many demerits you'd get for dropping any flag, let alone the national flag?
    Oh no no no, it wasn't the national flag.. it's just one of those flags that people wave around in a performance with marching bands.

Sir Codin

My high school didn't even have a marching band.

My high school sucked.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My school's color guard in the band was horrible.. the girls that were a part of my school band's color guard were just on it to be popular and seen at all football games. Their performance wasn't good at all and I think a few times I'd seen them drop the flags too.
    People actually drop the flags quite often. Especially if they're throwing them up in the air. I remember I was watching a show where the colorguard was using rifles at this point and one girl took center stage. She threw her rifle up in that cool spin that they do, at least 30 feet. What's even more impressive is that she caught it perfectly. Now that takes skill.

AlexTheRose said:
    Devan (avatar) was so good at the flute that the band instructor last year was going to make her section leader as a sophomore, whatever that is. Sounds like something seniors usually get, but meh. She moved to Provo so her dad (a 1SG) could teach a senior ROTC unit.
    It depends on the band really. I was section leader starting junior year. It's more of a student thing than anything else. What happened at my school was that the section themselves chose the section leader.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My high school band sucks, probably because of the lazy instructor they have, and she is still there after I graduated. :|

I was once in band when I was in middle school. I played the Flute...and I was the only player back then.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    My high school doesn't have any sort of bands at all. Even if they had, I wouldn't participate cause I have no bands skills nor do I want to learn :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I would join if I had the opportunity in high school, but it was either THAT or the school newspaper...so I chose the latter. I wanted to be a reporter so badly back then.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    The newspaper of my school requires you to write long articles. I'm too lazy for that so I didn't join. In fact, I'm not going in any extrascholar activities this year.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    Ah, but those are the best parts of school! I basically live at school when I have marching band. XD it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for every thing else I do because of JROTC but still, some days it feels like all I get to do at home is sleep.

Years
    I was in my school's TV production program for three years, but that was actually curricular and not extracurricular since I took it as a class. It was fun getting to produce videos in my first and second year and then help produce the school's morning show in my third year.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    School = life. I spend about an hour before school getting ready, and 30 minutes at home to eat dinner before I crash.

I do Raider Team in the mornings from 7 to 7:45 Mon-Thurs, as well as Color Guard (on Mondays and Wednesdays) and Unarmed Exhibition Drill (on Tuesdays and Thursdays).

I love everything about ROTC. Too bad I'm not in band, though. I'd probably be a drum, since I'm naturally gifted with keeping tempo. And I like hitting things to make noise, so it's a no-brainer. I'm probably not ever going to do it though, since it'd be weird starting something like band and only doing it my Junior and Senior year. It'd have to be done since I was a freshman, like ROTC.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I personally played the mellophone in marching band.

"Hey Slayr! What's a mellophone?"

I'm glad you asked. A mellophone is a marching french horn. Think of a trumpet on steroids. It's actually one of the least known instruments in existence. In fact, here's a photo of one:
    Spoiler:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Yeah, french horns look really cool, but they are the devil to play. Never have I had the mixed feelings of love and hate while I play that wretched thing. I hate it, and love it to death at the same time. It's actually the only instrument I continued into college. Actually, it's getting about that time of the day where I have to practice...

I think this is the first time the DCC has talked about band. I'm loving it! It's not an interesting topic if you're not in band, but I learned to ignore that fact years ago. ;)

Years
    Yeah, french horns look really cool, but they are the devil to play. Never have I had the mixed feelings of love and hate while I play that wretched thing. I hate it, and love it to death at the same time. It's actually the only instrument I continued into college. Actually, it's getting about that time of the day where I have to practice...

I think this is the first time the DCC has talked about band. I'm loving it! It's not an interesting topic if you're not in band, but I learned to ignore that fact years ago. ;)

That's precisely what I said earlier {XD}

I might enroll in a music theory course to fill my general education requirements or something. That being said, I've decided to take table tennis over the winter. (inb4 asian)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Are we talking about bands? :D

Spoiler:

That aside, I was supposed to be the vocalist of a small band me and my friends started up to join a local competition in uni. It wasn't continued though so the world has yet to hear me sing :D

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Bands, eh?
    I would be a pianist if I'm on a band, since I was inspired by many songs which are played by piano, and I think it's one of the important keys of band.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back