• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I've never had my parents move away from me due to family emergencies or work for any reason at all, so I'd have no idea how it'd feel to be without one parent or the other for an extended period of time.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Can you just pretend he abandoned you? That's much more interesting and will keep the conversation going longer.
    Sure why not, he's a total jerk anyway, and in some ways he has abandoned me. I mean okay, he's still around, but he's not the same person he used to be. Abandoned isn't the word I would use though, more like forsaken...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Elendil said:
    Sure why not, he's a total jerk anyway, and in some ways he has abandoned me. I mean okay, he's still around, but he's not the same person he used to be. Abandoned isn't the word I would use though, more like forsaken...

Krazzikk said:
    Can't you pee in a bottle or something?

Did I just miss something?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Can't you pee in a bottle or something?
    I dont think PC opened to the last page for you man LOL.

Anyway, it's funny. My mother just told me that she was leaving America for a while. First time my mother's left me, a very long time since either of my parents left me. Is it bad to say that I'm thrilled?

Years
    Speaking of total jerks, my brother is pretty much this. 6 years my junior and he tries to make my life hell. Just a few minutes ago when I had to fetch my mother's bra, he spied on my profile here at PC and read my "last activity" details out loud, causing me to yell "he's spying! get him away from my computer!".

He's spied on my activity here several times, even trying to cause my account to post something rule-breaking. Even worse, he is a retired Pokemon fan who left the Pokeworld to join that piece of crap known as Call of Duty.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    He honestly just sounds like what a typical 15 year old brother is supposed to be. Perhaps a little immature, but nothing bizarre.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Haha, yep. At least your sibling is normal, not like my dad who called my friends 4 in the ****ing morning to ask where I am cause my phone crapped out. Best part is instead of being glad that it was cause I missed the bus flirting with a girl I met at the bus stop he got pissed off that I was out so late. Seriously, he can gtfo with that kind of attitude, I don't give a **** if he's my dad. I'm 20 effing years old, spent my summer away from them for work, and I come back to that **** treatment and attitude. I swear its only the iceberg in asinine behavior, and I can't wait to save up cash from work and move out...

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    My dad is a selfish cheap ***** ************. Moving to my mother's in February, if not April.

Speaking of deals with my ma, I'm supposed to be getting $10,000 transferred to a bank account in the next few weeks from a friend. The money's for a private organization we founded together, and is going to help fund the purchasing of a plot of land and stocking our supply, since we're rooted in the military plane of thought.

By God, I'm honor-bound not to splurge on ten grand! God help me.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    You sound like one of them freedom fighter types, stocking up ammo for the next revolution.

Maybe. Right now we're teenagers (although my friend's 18) just having fun. Our group could definitely evolve into a sort of compound if we get people who are genuinely interested and invested in our idea. At the moment I'm organizing MOSes (Military Occupational Skills) and their according rank slot structure, just like how it is in the U.S. Army, but on a smaller scale.

Shining Raichu

Years
    Elendil I feel your pain. My parents were driving me insane thinking I was still a teenager even when I was 22 years old. Now I'm living out of home, my relationship with my parents has never been better (I only see them once a week) and I've never been happier. At a certain age it just becomes unreasonable to live happily at home.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Maybe. Right now we're teenagers (although my friend's 18) just having fun. Our group could definitely evolve into a sort of compound if we get people who are genuinely interested and invested in our idea. At the moment I'm organizing MOSes (Military Occupational Skills) and their according rank slot structure, just like how it is in the U.S. Army, but on a smaller scale.
    Well, good luck with that. Even if I don't agree with the whole concept...
    Elendil I feel your pain. My parents were driving me insane thinking I was still a teenager even when I was 22 years old. Now I'm living out of home, my relationship with my parents has never been better (I only see them once a week) and I've never been happier. At a certain age it just becomes unreasonable to live happily at home.
    Exactly! Only thing is, I'm the only one who could really get a job.(dad can't work due to health issues, which caused the personality change), so if I do move out its like I'm leaving them out to die. Real crossroad situation I'm in, and its killing me. Do I stay with the parents, supporting them(which is the case thanks to bad finance management on my father's part) with my metal well being in a terrible state, or do I selfishly move out and let them take care of themselves. I really shouldn't be dealing with this at 20 years old god damn it.

Shining Raichu

Years
    Well I guess that is a little more complicated than my predicament then :/ but surely they can't expect that you'd stay and support them forever?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Well no, not entirely. My dad is eligible for a disability pension, but some debts need to be payed first. Even then my mom still would need to work for things to be comfortable for them. But still, its the situation I'm afraid might just happen, and I honestly don't think I'm the type of person who can live like that unfortunately.

Shining Raichu

Years
    Well honestly, if your mother has to work she has to work. I know it's not ideal but they got themselves into this mess and it isn't your responsibility to bail them out of it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Again, that's exactly it. I said it to my father multiple times, but he calls it "helping our family survive". Really not worth the fights anymore, just an endurance race for me at this point.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Elendil, I'm in your situation myself. My mother is on disability and my father can't find a job, so I'm living at home to help them pay the bills. It's not like they're in debt because of bad finances (my mother is amazing at keeping on top of the bills). It's just that my parents really needed to get new cars, and now there are two car payments in the house. The money that I bring home is what pays down the car payments. Fortunately, that means I have a rough estimate of when I can move out and my parents are back to being able to pay all the bills on their own.

It's a tough situation. There are plenty of times where my parents do something to annoy me, and I think of how much easier it would be if I'm on my own. On the other hand, I'm really the only one my parents have to rely on, and I'd be eaten alive with guilt if I turned my back on them. At least they know to leave me alone most of the time and aren't always pestering me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back