• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My most memorable one was definitely my Darth Vader Costume!

I had a voice changer, red light saber, and everything...the perks of having a Grandmother that spoils you rotten! (I think she spent around $200 on everything)

Oddly, I never did Batman or Pikachu. Both would have been really fun.
    I hope we get some pokemon fan-girls dressing up as Gourgeist next year...unless they can whip something together in the next few weeks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

i'm jelli. the gai two above this post isn't jelli.

Mmmm hotties in Gourgeist suits eh? <3

Years
  • On the topic of dressing up like animals, I expect to see more than one person dressed up as a fox this year.

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My morning was horrific. I had no internet since 11 pm last night! D: But I got it back, thank you internet gods.

I still have that cat mask and the Angry Birds mask from the past two years. I'm not planning on being an Angry Bird this year, I already got my costume: a sexy Greek goddess. ;D

Sirfetch’d

My morning was horrific. I had no internet since 11 pm last night! D: But I got it back, thank you internet gods.

I don't know how you managed to survive D: I know that I panic if my internet is down for more than an hour and I am home. I know that sounds crazy, but internet is everything lmao. At least you have it back up now and are with us once again ;D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I was on skype with dem supporters and I was just about to respond to bis and then BOOM it goes down. I slept early and all morning instead of being curled up in a ball praying for internet, I managed to get some reading done for school and tidied up the house. :P

It's surprising that you can actually get more things done with no internet, but I actually rely more on internet radio...the local stations here just suck.

Years
  • Internet outages are the worst.. not only do I run a server off my home connection, but the internet serves as my primary source of entertainment.. there was a Friday morning back in July that I had no access to the internet from about 7:30 in the morning til like 11:45am and it was from a local ISP outage. Luckily enough I was able to do some basic browsing by using neighbor's wifi (who has a different ISP and their router is unlocked shh)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Yeah, we have pretty unreliable internet and it goes down pretty often. I even went down last night, so I just went to bed. When it goes off during the day, I must admit that I'm pretty bored and depressed. Sad, I know, but it's what I do.

Years
  • Internet outage never really happened for me, though if it happens I'll just play with my vita or go outside and take a walk or something.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My internet can seem a little unstable at times. Not too sure why; even with power outages I get.

Years
  • Oh don't even get me started on power outages, or even power surges. The thing I hate having to do the most is reset the clocks in my house and have to open up all the programs on my computer again.

Sirfetch’d

We have only had one blackout that was really bad and that was back in 2004 with hurricane Ivan. That blackout lasted about 3 days for my house. The rest are usually no more than an hour or two.

Years
  • I haven't ever gone through a major blackout in my life, unless you count when I stayed at my grandmother's house when a then weak Hurricane Frances was going over my part of Florida and it knocked her house's power out for three days (me and my family had to evacuate under mandatory orders because we lived in a low-lying area).

Sirfetch’d

Hurricanes are the worst down here in the south. Luckily it has been quite a few years since we have had any major ones, but they can be so scary sometimes. Even here in Alabama where you wouldn't think a huge effect would be felt, there actually is D:

Years
  • Considering I live in a coastal area, it's no surprise that we're prone to hurricanes, but my area is also well overdue for a direct landfall of one as well :P

And speaking of weather, I'm so happy.. the rainy season in Florida seems to have finally concluded, and now the temps can start to cool off as we get closer to Winter ^_^

Sirfetch’d

I agree Zach! I am so excited about this cooler weather that we have been having because this was one of the most miserable Summers on record. I am welcoming Fall with open arms and I say bring on the cooler temperatures!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I wish I can experience cool weathers like you guys, since I'm living in tropical area. And a bit related to the discussion earlier, I wish that the blackout of mine subsided though, because sadly it happens frequently each day for me.

Years
  • You should come to Canada. It's not even cold anymore. I don't know if it's global warming or what, but we haven't had a white Christmas for several years in a row now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back