• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • This is another reason I can't make myself have children. I would hate to feel trapped in a situation and not be able to get myself out of it. I'm not phobic of responsibility but I couldn't make a 20 year commitment like that.

Years
  • This is another reason I can't make myself have children. I would hate to feel trapped in a situation and not be able to get myself out of it. I'm not phobic of responsibility but I couldn't make a 20 year commitment like that.

I can see where you're coming from, honestly, having children is a big pain in the butt. Question is, are your parents okay with that?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Raising children isn't rocket surgery, guys.

So what you do is, you stick the kid out on the street corner and you leave him there. If you come back a week later and the kid's still there, you got yourself a stupid ****in' kid.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I can see where you're coming from, honestly, having children is a big pain in the butt. Question is, are your parents okay with that?
    I don't plan on having kids either and I couldn't care less about what my parents think of it. XD

I mean, it's my life, not theirs, so why should I let their feelings on the subject affect how I live my life? I just can't imagine myself having kids for pretty much the same reason as Andy. I just realized that the first statement probably sounds a lot harsher then I wanted it to be.

Years
  • I'm actually really thankful my own parents don't pressure me to have kids. I have no desire to have any whatsoever (for various reasons), and while I haven't told them that outright they do understand that some people don't want kids and all that.

My mother in law on the other hand...has apparently lamented to my parents about how it doesn't look like we'll be having kids here anytime soon haha. Whatever!

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • Grandchildren have the cuteness of children without the effort, hence why grandparents love/want them.

However, with 7 billion people in the world, not having a child is no biggie.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I... I sat in my couch beside my boyfriend watching TV the other night and just suddenly felt that this picture would be complete if there was a kid sitting in between us. So yeah, I want children. Within a reasonable amount of years even.

Never want to be preggies though so that's a problem ahahahah

Shining Raichu

Years
  • It's all an illusion though, that image. That child is not gonna be sitting between you, it's gonna be squirming and saying "Mommy I'm bored" until you just want to throttle it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    but when they grow up they're going to be squirming about not wanting to have children

it's an endless cycle

but when they grow up they're going to be squirming about not wanting to have children

it's an endless cycle

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • wow what an endless cycle zeffy

so endless it had to be posted twice

Kids are probably going to be a go for me, especially when it's with the one I love. What she wants will be taken into consideration of course, but if she doesn't want any I'm going to be very unhappy. :(

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Everybody's biological clocks are telling them they need children. You don't, people; you can be just as happy without them - maybe even happier!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I... I sat in my couch beside my boyfriend watching TV the other night and just suddenly felt that this picture would be complete if there was a kid sitting in between us. So yeah, I want children. Within a reasonable amount of years even.

Never want to be preggies though so that's a problem ahahahah

You'll get over not wanting to be pregnant -- it all pays off in the end. Life without my son would not be a life I'd want to live. <3

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
    Years
  • I assume the human mind is built to be better with a child. The physical side is all geared towards survival, which includes survival of the human race, hence why men like boobs. Boobs are used to feed a baby, so it's associated with achieving one of our aims.

Therefore, I can only imagine the human mind gears itself to survival via a want of children.

Not saying you have to want a child, but it's a bit unfair to say people don't need children. Some do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back