• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Family dinners never happen in my house. I usually end up eating dinner an hour before midnight, sometimes midnight, wayyyyy after everyone has fallen asleep.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I went out to dinner a few months ago I think. I didn't use my phone that much but it's not like we talked a lot. Also they don't allow us to use our portable gadgets when we're out dining.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I don't like parents who let their children get away with whatever. Seen so many of these types on the playground...
    I swear that I'm sooo lucky in this department. Having been born in 1993, I was the last of the normal generations of children. Everything after that(around 2000 I feel) just **** the bed. Self entitlement overprotective ******** were everyone is a winner, the world is a safe place(really, you're totally not in a bubble!) is what is causing this. I might sound like an old man yelling at the clouds, but children today have no free thought, are too controlled, and honestly will fail in life when coming out into the world. If people think we have problems because of the current governments in the world, just wait till we're the ones running it, and then what comes after. I am very, VERY afraid of what will happen to the planet once the people after us start running. Thankfully I'll be dead by then.

Years
    My family has a lot to discuss during mealtime. I think there's a solid 50/50 split between the food itself and politics.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Amanda I miss you already. ;; Hope you're having a wonderful time at Singapore! :)

My fam and I tend to talk about the news during dinnertime, as well as any things that happened in our lives today, and what will happen tomorrow.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Dinner consists of us usually staring at a screen stuffing our faces. No time for talk.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do people who hate children hate themselves during their youth?
    I think a lot of people who say they hate children don't really mean they hate all children. Most children are saints, but a lot of them are really hard to cope with in public. I've seen more crying children throwing a temper tantrum at the supermarket because their mom or dad said no to buying them something unhealthy for them than I can count than I have well behaved children. I watch them and I see how frustrated the parent is becoming, and in the back of my mind I'm just like "You can obviously tell that what you're doing is not making them happy." I mean, these parents look absolutely miserable when something like that happens and the child is still being completely selfish. I pity the parents, but I pity them even more if they give into that temper tantrum because that just reinforces that behavior as a way to get something that they want, but if it meant not having to deal with it anymore, I can say that I probably would give into it if I didn't have a pair of headphones to put in.

Even still, we live in such a "Think of the children." world where that kind of behavior on the parent's part is unacceptable.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    No family meals here. I make my own food and eat alone. The upside is that I can watch Death Note while eating breakfast. {:
    I skipped that this morning because I really like a song that I found and I didn't want to turn it off haha.

Ugh. I've been drinking black tea as with breakfast and slight caffeine addiction going on. I:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    If those kids were mine, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd grab them by the shirt, drag 'em into the bathroom and give 'em 6 or 7 licks. I ain't tolerating that embarrassment mind play games out of my 8-year-old.

As for devices, all devices are a no-go at the table. I'm not against my kid eating quickly and getting back to what they were doing, provided nothing's pending and they don't gorge themselves.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    If those kids were mine, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd grab them by the shirt, drag 'em into the bathroom and give 'em 6 or 7 licks. I ain't tolerating that embarrassment mind play games out of my 8-year-old.

As for devices, all devices are a no-go at the table. I'm not against my kid eating quickly and getting back to what they were doing, provided nothing's pending and they don't gorge themselves.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'm not a huge fan of tea. I haven't had a flavor yet that I really enjoy, but if someone offers me a cup, I'm always up for trying new flavors. On the other hand, hot chocolate was crafted by God and given to humans. Yes, it's that good. XD

Years
    I'm not a huge fan of tea. I haven't had a flavor yet that I really enjoy, but if someone offers me a cup, I'm always up for trying new flavors. On the other hand, hot chocolate was crafted by God and given to humans. Yes, it's that good. XD
    Are you a marshmallows kind of hot chocolate drinker or do you drink you cocoa black?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm not real fond of it, in all honesty. I prefer tea. I didn't even like tea for quite a while until I decided to try the kind I drink now. <3
    I need to stop talking about tea. I'm going to run out of it soon so I have to ration it haha.

Years
    I love marshmallows and now I'm craving some :< I haven't had any in a while, but probably because I haven't had hot chocolate in a long while now, either

Years
    I used to love marshmallows. Then I learned what gelatin was made of. :x
    Okay, you made me curious to see what gelatin was made out of, and now I'm just grossed out :(

The only thing closest I can get to in my family of someone making homemade things is my uncle.. one time we had barbecued pork with him and he made some really delicious homemade barbecue sauce.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I avoid dyes and the like that are in food, and even white marshmallows have blue dye so they're out. I have, however, made them from scratch, and that wasn't too bad.
    The upside to avoiding certain food means that I've had to learn how to make things from scratch. {:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back