• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    honestly Andy, I get that you really don't want to have children but why do you seem to be so persistent on convincing other people to not have them too? haha :p

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Your loathing of children is well known ;) Don't worry, there are others that feel the same. -locks Andy up in an insane asylum- okay next

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I know I don't. The fact that someone was once a child doesn't mean that he can't now hate children lol - I didn't hate children when I was a child, I don't even necessarily hate children themselves now... it's what they turn adults into that I take issue with.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I don't like parents who let their children get away with whatever. Seen so many of these types on the playground...

Years
  • I don't like parents who let their children get away with whatever. Seen so many of these types on the playground...
    Indeed. And that can reflect on them later in life by doing so many bad things when they're older and get in trouble more often, just simply by having a lack of discipline.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My least favourite kind of parents are the ones who are self-righteous about their kids and feel like everybody else should be as concerned about their welfare as they are. Also the ones who take their children to the shopping center as though it's a place for a family day out rather than a place for people to shop in peace.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I noticed this became a trend when I ate out at a Chinese restaurant in Mexico. A family of four were enjoying their meal as usual, but there wasn't any communication at all. You have a mom, a dad, and two teenage girls either texting their friends and/or browsing Facebook. I once though eating out with family was a chance to "bond", but times have changed I guess.

Years
  • I'm gay, they don't really have much choice haha

I guess you're lucky not to be me, then. My parents said if I was gay, they'd throw me out of the house and disown me. Believe it or not it happens to some people but I think you know that already.

That being said, as BlahISuck mentioned it's more of an Asian thing; there's more emphasis on family relationships than being individualistic. It's also one of the biggest reasons why Asia, particularly in Eastern Asia, is so backwards in LGBT rights.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I try to talk at dinner instead if sitting on my phone the whole time... I don't like when kids live on it.

Years
  • I prefer talking at dinner as well instead of using the phone/tablet.. however I will use my iPod/tablet at the when out to eat table while waiting for food if no one is talking to me, or if I'm not talking to anyone else.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Greetings from Singapore!!! The hotel room is turning everyone into ice cubes rn ;; Everyone's asleep but my hair is still damp so I'm still up.

My family prefers to communicate with each other during mealtimes and discourage excess usage of gadgets at the table while eating at home. While eating out though, the usage if gadgets is fine as long as it's before or after eating.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back