• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems [OOC]

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
  • I don't have Skype available for this either, though I'm constantly checking my email for updates so if anyone's gotta talk to me about something or wants to set something up, feel free to post or send me a PM.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • I just finished posting Deacon's solo mini arc with Colress involved in the IC thread. It's pretty long, so if anything needs to be changed please tell me guys. Also, I got permission beforehand to bunny from Gray using Colress and The Shadow Triad in my post. After the arc has ended, I have been able to update Deacon's new types and abilities. I will post it here too for anyone that doesn't know:

Deacon Masterson Hybrid Trainer Typing Change

Deacon Masterson: Steel/Dragon/Flying Types Now that Deacon is a Dragon, Flying, and Steel type he is not weak to many things, but he does have his flaws. For starters he is much, much slower than before, and because of his steel type limbs he can't fly anymore or dance through the air. He can still use his flying-based attacks, just not as fast as before. He also still has one weakness, and that is to Ice types seeing as both his flying and dragon types are weak to it. Deacon hates ice types, and gets scared when they are near him/try to attack him. He calls himself a dragon master, but can't deal with ice types too well, so he tries to avoid them on purpose. Deacon also has weakened endurance now that his body is degrading so much from the added experimentation, and this makes him susceptible to getting hurt badly when a hit is landed on him.

New Hybrid Trainer Appearance: Deacon's body and chemical makeup has been drastically changed from the experiment he volunteered for. The only part of Deacon that looks human is above his legs, his waist, stomach, chest, head, and face. He still wears his triangular shades like before, but his red hair is now gray and looks like Steven Stone's hair. Deacon's old black dark angel wings on his back have been mutated and grown more than twice their size to a red color looking like Salamence wings. Finally, Deacon's arms, legs, hands, and feet have been replaced with mechanical limbs made out of steel as well as mechanical fingers and toes for good dexterity overall.

New Hybrid Trainer Moveset: Fly, Brave Bird, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Bullet Punch, and Steel Wing

New Hybrid Trainer Moveset Execution: For in battle to use Fly Deacon will fly higher into the air than his opponent. After waiting for the opponent to make their move, Deacon will dodge it and then zoom down diving slicing into the opponent, damaging them and knocking them back. For Brave Bird, Deacon will fly into the air with his wings. After that he will go low to the ground and then increase his speed to maximum velocity in a Superman position slamming through the opponent as hard as he can. The move does serious damage, but hurts Deacon somewhat when he's done using it. For Draco Meteor Deacon will scream into the air with a dragon type roar with his hands and back extended. Not more than a couple seconds later will hundreds of meteors rain down on the opponent, making it hard to dodge them. While the move is extremely powerful, afterwards it causes Deacon's offensive power to fail harshly. For Flamethrower Deacon will suck in air with his mouth, and then let out a banter of flames at the opponent encasing them in fiery flames. The move also has a chance to burn the opponent as well. For Bullet Punch Deacon will point one of his steel hands into a fist at the opponent and use his other arm to press a button on his first arm. His hand will leave his bulky mechanical arm and fly towards the opponent at a speedy pace until it rams into them and can continue to send them back. After the move is done Deacon's hand will fly back to him using fuel and attach back onto his arm. Bullet Punch has increased speed priority and it happens so fast that it makes it hard to dodge this move. For Steel Wing Deacon will flew into the air, and then dive diagonally down at the opponent as his red wings turn solid grey until he turns at the last moment and rams one of his wings into them. After the move is over and Deacon lands his wings will turn back to normal color red again. On rare occasions after using Steel Wing Deacon's defense will be raised a little bit.

New Hybrid Trainer Mood: Thanks to Colress, the darkness within Deacon has left his mind and body completely, and he is offensively and defensively solid as steel. He also loves being a Dragon and enjoys the freedom of flight.

Last edited:

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Deacon Masterson Hybrid Trainer Typing Change

Deacon Masterson: Steel/Dragon/Flying Types Now that Deacon is a Dragon, Flying, and Steel type he has no natural Pokemon weakness. Each of his types covers a weakness that one of the others is weak to. While he doesn't have any weaknesses now like the Tynamo line, he can not fly or dance through the air as fast as he could before due to his mechanical limbs. He can still fly fairly fast though and still enjoys doing so. Deacon while walking or running on the ground is also a little slower than before.
    Due to the fact that he now has no type weakness at all, I don't think decreasing his speed slightly or lowering his aerial maneuverability is a major enough flaw. When Val's typing was changed, it is true that she became immune to three types, but there are way around immunities and she was still weak to a type that, at the time, seemed to actually be fairly common among the group: the Dark type. So having no weaknesses at all, as well as two type immunities (Ground and Poison) but only slightly lowered speed/agility makes him seem very OP to me. Just a personal opinion.

On another, slightly related note, it seems that many hybrids in the group have started vying for the 'strongest hybrid ever' title. Personally...I think it's stupid. I don't intend any of this to sound rude (it's just my personal opinion on the matter, and as we all know, everyone's personal opinions vary), but this kind of contest can lead everyone competing to become a OP, god-modding monster. I thought part of the goal was to get along with normal humans? How would that be accomplished if everyone started gaining such power? Normal humans would just fear that power, and there'd never be cooperation. I also thought that the main goal was to take down Team Rocket, not prove which hybrid is the strongest. While I understand training has to happen to make them all stronger (am even planning some training for Val) the hybrids don't all need to be OP to complete this goal. Most of Team Rocket are still normal humans, and it seems to me that the anti-Rocket hybrids outnumber the Rocket hybrids...

Also, I find it quite unrealistic that Harvey's being found out so quickly. And also completely unfair to Stingray, who worked so hard to make Harvey the kind of enemy he is: one that will bide time and not rush in. Discovering who he is and what he's done so quickly actually takes some of that away. What if the group were to decide that they had to get rid of Harvey quickly? Stingray's work to make him a long-lasting enemy would all go down the drain if everyone rushed to get rid of Harvey. It's neither fair to the creator of the character nor to the RPers that actually want an adversary like Harvey. Village, unless I have missed something, you have been the only one really getting on about discovering who Harvey is and what kind of things he's done.(EDIT: Apologies, Wizard has done so as well. Though he never outright stated who Harvey was or that he was the one who'd created the fake criminal files. Unless, again, I missed something and that actually did happen, in which case I am sorry.) I won't speak for Stingray, but I know that I don't appreciate unmasking Harvey so quickly, him being the kind of patient enemy he is, and I would imagine that Stingray doesn't exactly appreciate all the work that's been put into the character being sort of for nothing, as he's been exposed and found out so quickly, and I could imagine that others aren't entirely happy with it either. However, I do not speak for the other RPers, nor am I attempting to. If I have made wrong assumptions and find myself the only one dissatisfied with this, then I apologize profusely.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have to agree that it does seem like some of us are becoming overpowered. And some people are changing to quickly in my opinion. Although, Shadow has only changed once drastically and was kinda forced into that when the RP moves to quickly. Which is why I have been trying to slow it down.

There is reason behind the reason Gray and Shadow are like we are. But that will not be revealed till later.

Some people are moving a bit too quickly in the RP in development. Although Shadow has had personality change, and had 1 major change which lead to other changes, Shadow has been in the RP a lot longer.

With Deacon having no real weakness, it is hard to calculate with 3 types, I think it is a bit OP. Val is immune to 3 types, but she retains weaknesses such as Dark typed attacks.

Although I had plans to train with Shadow, there just hasn't been a chance because something is always happening. And I mean ALWAYS. I think I got 1 or 2 training posts in so far in the entire RP. This is another reason I have been trying to slow down the RP, so the characters can develop better without always having something going on.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • @IcyIce there are explosives, but there are other devices placed as well...

@ Village Yep there is teleporting... Harvey is just trying things at the moment. Basically throwing out a bunch of random "safe" attacks (safe for him). Harvey doesn't mind failing or having plans fall apart as long as they help him meet his end goal.

Why are you suddenly changing a typing right after adding another? Just seems so sudden...

Not too happy how easily everyone found out what Harvey did to manipulate police files... or that he did it. Even if this Plasma guy used to work with Harvey he would have no way to keep tabs on him now, and if he tried he has a death wish. Harvey has killed for a lot less.

Harvey's ability to quickly hack is not just because of his skills, but his connections. C-Gears and most police databanks he has had access to before and has created back doors/understands their programming well (he has been doing this style work for years). He also has connections with corrupt police officers, government officals, and members of companies. If I need to tone him down let me know. He is OP as he is made as a villian who can challenge the whole group. You WILL NOT be able to out "tech" him like he cannot overpower the Hybrids in a straight up fight.

I dislike myself for deciding to change Lydia's typing, but I was starting to dislike Fairy more and more. Since she has never used or has any Fairy abilities, traits, or anything like that I removed them. Wish I had developed her more when I originally created her instead of making her almost a carbon copy of another character of mine.

Also thought it might be good to have an Elemental typing instead of another Mystical one. The type decision came about after some thought and seeing a trend I accidently set up for her.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @IcyIce there are explosives, but there are other devices placed as well...

@ Village Yep there is teleporting... Harvey is just trying things at the moment. Basically throwing out a bunch of random "safe" attacks (safe for him). Harvey doesn't mind failing or having plans fall apart as long as they help him meet his end goal.

Why are you suddenly changing a typing right after adding another? Just seems so sudden...

Not too happy how easily everyone found out what Harvey did to manipulate police files... or that he did it. Even if this Plasma guy used to work with Harvey he would have no way to keep tabs on him now, and if he tried he has a death wish. Harvey has killed for a lot less.

Harvey's ability to quickly hack is not just because of his skills, but his connections. C-Gears and most police databanks he has had access to before and has created back doors/understands their programming well (he has been doing this style work for years). He also has connections with corrupt police officers, government officals, and members of companies. If I need to tone him down let me know. He is OP as he is made as a villian who can challenge the whole group. You WILL NOT be able to out "tech" him like he cannot overpower the Hybrids in a straight up fight.

I dislike myself for deciding to change Lydia's typing, but I was starting to dislike Fairy more and more. Since she has never used or has any Fairy abilities, traits, or anything like that I removed them. Wish I had developed her more when I originally created her instead of making her almost a carbon copy of another character of mine.

Also thought it might be good to have an Elemental typing instead of another Mystical one. The type decision came about after some thought and seeing a trend I accidently set up for her.

I thought it was a bit of a stretch when Brian found out that he hacked the c-gear(s), I thought Brian could be the tech guy for the group but then everyone else seemed to just be tech geniuses so idk what happened there. I don't think I had Brian know about the police files, but if I did I didn't mean to :P. I feel like everyone is trying to become op because they feel like they need to be able to take on the antagonists by themselves, keep in mind we are a team and we can work together and cover each others weaknesses ;) ;) you don't need to be invincible to be necessary to the group.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I feel like everyone is trying to become op because they feel like they need to be able to take on the antagonists by themselves, keep in mind we are a team and we can work together and cover each others weaknesses ;) ;) you don't need to be invincible to be necessary to the group.
    I think you have a point there, Wizard. People should keep in mind that the group was created to take down Team Rocket. The group. Last I checked, a group had to consist of more than one person. The hybrids want to work together to take down Team Rocket, yes? They have to stop acting as if they're all individuals that share a goal, and start acting like a team. It's no fun RPing with invincible characters, because everyone has flaws or weaknesses of some sort, and if you take that away to make a character perfect then what's left is just...not fun. There's no point in being part of the group if you're invincible, because then you could just take Team Rocket down all by yourself. Which is not what we want to happen, last I heard. Remember that saying, 'There's no 'I' in 'team'.'?

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • I have no problem with Brian discovering their C Gears had been hacked. If you know how such devices work in detail... figuring out it isn't acting normal is fine. I mean the C Gear were in a form constantly sending information. Brian didn't discover who hacked him or their intentions, but he made an educated guess. I am fine with that and it helps bring Harvey from the shadows some.

I'm more eye rolling at Jack suddenly knowing how to hack with some device and instantly figuring out who was behind it. Same with Deacon's new Team Plasma buddy knowing Harvey did it. Not even Harvey's closest associates knows the inner workings of his plans, and he just decided on this route of attack.

I completely agree on the whole Team thing. A huge reason I created Harvey was to counter this, and I feel like I have to keep making him more and more powerful to make him a credible threat. Originally he was to be a 1 man Mercenary for Rocket. Then people made Team Rocket look more like Team Wet Paper Bag. Seriously the only Rocket members who do anything worthwhile are the character ones and they have either turned to help the group or prefer sitting on their butts doing nothing instead of doing their job.

Rocket Grunts are torn through (granted this is a lot like the games) purely as a plot device and are no more a threat to the group than a blade of grass. Team Rocket only attacks when the characters need a plot device or need a power up/source of rage.

Team Rocket atm looks like they lack purpose other than sudden plot device. The Group makes stupid mistakes but Rocket doesn't exploit it. Like the House... Team Rocket knew they were there (Orchid) but did nothing while the group has random conversations while half the members are gone/wounded.

Because of this I can no longer see Team Rocket as the threat they are suppose to be, and cannot serve as half way decent villians (instead they are more like the Jesse and James style comic relief baddies). Thus I started cooking up this secret organization that Harvey belongs to with a means to threaten the group in a manner no one hybrid can hope to survive alone against them. I will not use it unless given permission so right now its just Harvey who has become more powerful than intended.

A little sick of people giving Hybrids abilities they do not have... Healing when they have no healing abilities (or healing others abilities), pacifying groups without a sleep/paralyze type status effect. Leaves characters more built around support/tactical assistance useless when Super Hybrid just blows through all enemies without trouble then heals the other wounded members with Hybrid magic! A huge part of this is why I'm making Lydia have a useful pokemon and have her learn how to fight. Right now she is useless.

(Sorry Village but despite you saying you did not harm any officers I'm vetoing it. You only have attacks to use and even when you knock out people with force you are doing harm. That many people that fast... there is no way he could be that precise/careful with such powerful attacks. For that reason officers are now disabled/dead from blunt force trauma to the head.)

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
  • Completely agree with Rain T.'s post.

The IC days are stretching on too much. It's almost as if people are afraid they can't get a post in - which is crazy, we post a lot in comparison to other RP's - I think we should start posting here more often when we're 'done' for the IC day. When we're all on agreement, we can end the day and move on.

Realistically, everything that has happened can not have happened in only five days. Even with Arryn, I mean she got pretty much destroyed by Orchid in the morning and now it's the afternoon and she's off to see Shadow and help him... impossible, haha. I will talk more to Gray and Shadow about how we can wrap up the IC day without making anyone upset about not getting more posts in than usual.

It definitely seems as if the Hybrids are constantly fighting each other for 'top dog'. We're a group, but not a team yet, I guess. We need to work on that.

@VillageofDragons - if you could slightly alter your SU so Deacon isn't too OP would be great.. actually, I feel as if a Strengths and Weaknesses should be added to the template. If you could work that out, then that would be great.

@Rain T. - I will keep you more updated on what happens with the Skype chat. We get sidetracked very easily and have huge conversations that don't even involve the RP. The last update I did is here, and nothing more has been discussed yet other than personal arcs that characters want to go on. If you want, we can discuss stuff for Val in the PM?

@Stingray - Agreed. The days are going so long just because of conversations... which is totally fine! But it might be better suited for a joint post so we can wrap days up better. It's definitely gotten to the point where I don't want to post because I want the day to end and for everything to be fresh.

Sorry that so many problems are arising, guys! :( I'll try and work this out as soon as I can and come up with a way that days can end quicker without people feeling left out.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • @Rain T. - I will keep you more updated on what happens with the Skype chat. We get sidetracked very easily and have huge conversations that don't even involve the RP. The last update I did is here, and nothing more has been discussed yet other than personal arcs that characters want to go on. If you want, we can discuss stuff for Val in the PM?
    Thanks. Well, right now I'm just kinda waiting for Gray to finish up on Mt. Silver, and Val will accompany him back. I'm also planning to build her team, but I can easily just go along with what everyone else is doing and find wild Pokemon within their area to catch. Example: How she decided that while at Mt. Silver, she might as well get something out of it and fought/caught Hydreigon.
    I am gradually building up to something for her, though, that will probably be some sort of solo arc thing. The start of that 'building up' process is all these memories she's suddenly having about...someone. If anyone's been paying attention, it shouldn't be too hard to guess who this guy is.

theorcaking

Trust me! Im a orca!
    Years
  • Name - shamu
    age - 16
    gender - male
    personality - he is brave and a bit stubborn at times. which his stubborness was passed down from his mother. he doesn't care if he's wounded and will fight until death. he's extremely protective for his pokemon and friends. he does kill when harmed or when someone harms others or loses control of his dark side.his father was psychotic and was passed down to him. which turned into his alter ego. but his father was killed 3 years ago in a shoot out with police.
    appearance - he is average size and 5'6. he normally wheres ice colored clothes and dark blue boots. he also wheres a black blet and cape along with two black gloves one with a blue crystal to control his powers. he wears two cutlass's one made of water and the other of vines.
    hybrid trainer types [ water/grass]
    hybrid trainer ability [water veil/rain dish]
    hybrid trainer move set [hydro pump,giga drain,leech seed,sheer cold]
    pokemon team [lileep,anorith,archen,tirtouga]

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Sorry guys, didn't realize everyone was thinking Deacon was so OP. I'm going to delete Jack's latest post to make it more fair, because what he did was kind of unrealistic. I'd rather have him just keep sleeping anyway and wake up in the next IC day with a new mission given to him by Team Rocket sometime in the future. As for Deacon, I am going to be majorly editing that latest solo mini arc of his and giving him clear flaws now that he's been changed as well as taking out the part about finding out about Harvey. I agree that Team Rocket needs to be posing more of a threat, as well as I'm sorry Stingray if I took away from Havery's character any by finding out about him. I'll go edit my latest post in the IC thread now as well as delete the one before that with Jack in it. I apologize to anyone if Deacon is starting to become like a gary sue, that wasn't my intention at all.

TL;DR I'd rather post less and have major things happen in Deacon's and Jack's characters and events only rarely, maybe like once every two months from now on real time. Everything else will just be working with the group to understand them, their goals, and stuff. Everything from here on out through the next IC day is definitely going to be non-eventful for both Jack and Deacon. :)

EDIT: I finished deleting the latest post with Jack in it, as well as majorly edited the IC post with Deacon's mini solo arc, taking out the part about finding out about Harvey, as well as giving him some flaws and weaknesses. I've edited the change too here on the last page, but if Deacon needs even more flaws just tell me guys and I'll add even more in. Also, Stingray neither Jack nor Deacon know who Harvey is now or his motives, so you can edit the post with Harvey hearing from Jack and responding to him out. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, just to sum up my opinion: a lot has happened this day, and Rex is just going with it. He's making his way to Ecruteak, and will meet up with everyone there. He's basically done for the day, he's walking there, and he'll be walking for the rest of the day and a good part of the night. I'd prefer if he was left alone until the next IC day, if that's okay with you guys. Just to speed things up, you understand.

As for changing type or gaining a power up, I'm still waiting for the right moment. I think Rex has stayed at the same power level the entire game, or even gotten weaker. The only changes I've made are learning three new moves, forgetting one, and losing two Pokemon. (He only had Maddox for a short time, didn't do anything with him, and he fully plans on returning Kit and Sparkle to Brian.) Other than that, he's the same, except for all the money he's gained over the game. (Took a bunch from Darren, which he planned to use to buy train tickets, but everyone got on without using that money. Then he took a bunch if stuff from Tulip's parents' house (before it blew up) and sold it at a pawn shop. I think all the food he'd stolen got destroyed along with the family house Arryn found.)

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Name - shamu
    age - 16
    gender - male
    personality - he is brave and a bit stubborn at times. which his stubborness was passed down from his mother. he doesn't care if he's wounded and will fight until death. he's extremely protective for his pokemon and friends. he does kill when harmed or when someone harms others or loses control of his dark side.his father was psychotic and was passed down to him. which turned into his alter ego. but his father was killed 3 years ago in a shoot out with police.
    appearance - he is average size and 5'6. he normally wheres ice colored clothes and dark blue boots. he also wheres a black blet and cape along with two black gloves one with a blue crystal to control his powers. he wears two cutlass's one made of water and the other of vines.
    hybrid trainer types [ water/grass]
    hybrid trainer ability [water veil/rain dish]
    hybrid trainer move set [hydro pump,giga drain,leech seed,sheer cold]
    pokemon team [lileep,anorith,archen,tirtouga]
    Last I heard, new RPers weren't being accepted.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • I also feel like any important discussions/plot ideas for the group should be posted in the OOC thread INSTEAD of in the chat group. The chat group is fine for smaller discussions/idea refinement, but often important discussions/ideas can get lost in the chaff of random chatter in that chat group. Especially for anyone who is gone for a few days... opening up the chat group window can be a pain.

Theorcaking not sure we are accepting... right now I feel the RP is chaotic as is, and personally I do not think any new members should be added until we can get the group going in one direction and let some of the other newer members get established...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • We have already talked to him a bit.

Also all announcements are posted here, there just hasn't been any till now.

SO far, I know of these people that will be in Ecruteak City:
    Shadow, Arryn, Deacon, Tulip, Brian, Rex, Orchid, and Lydia.

Everyone else, I need to know if you will be there or not. Team Rocket members can also come, but they cannot attack. As they will be punished by the unseen shadow that is friends with Morty.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Everyone else, I need to know if you will be there or not. Team Rocket members can also come, but they cannot attack. As they will be punished by the unseen shadow that is friends with Morty.

Announcement: IC Day 6: Autumn Festival (Not yet started, will start once a post is made by a GM announcing the end of the day.)
    For now, Val is just going to be following Gray around. If he ends up in Ecruteak, she'll be there as well. I am hoping though, that it works out that way, because the festival sounds like a bunch of fun. And all three competitions! Trivia...tag battle...and Ghost catching? Val's had plenty of time for research when sitting around a Rocket base with nothing to do, she'll love battling, and this is perfect excuse to give her a Ghost type, which I've been meaning to do!

Back