• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems [OOC]

Years
  • Everyone is getting in costume! It's not required, is it? Because I don't think Rex will fit into an off-the-shelf costume. Unless I take the Toho route and get a full body costume, Godzilla style.

Spoiler:

On the other hand, I used my art skills to make Melody a costume! I had a little trouble with the hair, couldn't get it to look right, so I just gave up and stayed with her normal hairstyle. Hope it's not too generic!

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Not it isn't required. I didn't think everyone would want to dress up their characters. But the day is based around Halloween and other holidays similar.

Not even sure if Shadow will dress up yet.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Well, I definitely want to take part in this... Guess Val will split from Gray to head to Ecruteak. Might introduce Lucas during the festival too.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Someone will have to take Lydia into the shop and talk her into dressing up... likely have the Shop owner see Aciri and she will dress Lydia up like Ninetails ish. Elegant and beautiful for once in her life... likely throw in a full make over for the heck of it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Ok the present IC day has ended and now the next has started. It is now autumn and the trees and grass have now fully changed.

Basic plan: Note: This can change and may not be completely accurate. I am aiming to make it less than a month if at all possible. So if I see some things end more quickly than others, we will continue. As I said this is a basic plan and not 100% accurate.

Start of the day: 5am to 9am. (August 22 to August 24)

Event 1: 9am to 12 Noon. (August 25 to August 31)

Event 2: 12 Noon to 6pm. (September 1 to September 11)

Event 3: 6pm to 12 midnight (September 12 - September 20)

Times used are IC times and I will periodically post stating the time.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Thought I'd post Val's costume in here as well.

Another example of my not-so-masterful-yet-still-acceptable photo editing skills. {XD}

I don't think Lucas will be getting a costume. He's just gonna claim that his ears/tail are his costume and that he's dressed up as an Espeon gijinka.

@IcyIce: Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. I can't wait to get things kicked off!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So that I can makes group ect. These are the characters I have set to take part in the day.

Shadow, Phoena, Arryn, Rex, Melody, Jack Frost, Tulip, Orchid, Brian, Orion, Lydia, Lucas, Val and Deacon.

Currently Possible, but not confirmed:
    Gray (Possibly late) and Delysia

Probably nots:
    Alek (Possible, but not confirmed) and Harvey

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Ok posted...

Decided to be a little odd and threw in a random NPC. I would like to use him again, but might not, he is supposed to be connected to Harvey. I asked Gray about it but no response so he might just be a resident of the town. Could use him to help Lydia sort out her thoughts though...

Decided someone is going to have to Lydia to the costume shop in order for her to get one. Also she is in conflict right now about herself, her role, and her own balance. Hopefully I can make her inner conflict and its resolution take a logical path.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • I plan on posting in the IC thread soon guys... Sorry about being inactive for the past 2 days, I had to work pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday this weekend X.X

Years
  • I'll be a part of all 3 events as well, just took me a while to get my post up. I guess I'll post my costume here as well for reference.

Spoiler:

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Hey, everybody! Wizardman11 (Aka Tomatoes on the Skype chat) just helped me work on a HUGE group project so that it could be added to the OP on the OOC thread whenever Gray gets back! It's a detailed chart of all the weaknesses, resistances, and immunities all 18 hybrids have. Vesa, Harvey, Jason, and Darren were not included seeing as they each have reasons not to be on this list. The chart is also up-to-date with every type change that has happened so far, as well as ones that will happen in the future. Take a look and marvel at this! It certainly took me a LONG time to fill in. And I mean a LONG, LONG time. :)

Just to clear any confusion, the left side is all the current hybrids right now in the roleplay, and the top is the attacking types/moves that would hit them. I plan on making an alternate chart with Wiz's help for offense AGAINST the 18 defending types, but right now I'm tired af and need a break :)

Chart legend: 0, (1/8), 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, and 4

Spoiler:

And now, Wiz just edited the one I made and gave it colors for each block depending on the effectiveness of the type against the hybrid. Check it out!:

Spoiler:

And if you look at certain blocks JUST right, you'll see a strange face. I told this to Wiz and he highlighted it, naming the face belonging to Cris the Koala Pokemon! Say hi to Cris, everyone!:

Spoiler:

And now here's Cris the Koala Pokemon with a filled in face!:

Spoiler:

Okay, wiz... I think that's enough pictures.... lol.... *backs away slowly*

Last edited:

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Village, I understand you and Wizard must have worked really, really hard on this, and it's an amazing and super helpful chart...but I deeply regret that I must point out...there's a mistake. *pulls an anime version of Bianca and bows over and over, repeatedly apologizing* Val is a Normal and Ghost type hybrid. So she is immune to Ghost attacks, rather than taking double damage.
    I don't think I see anything else wrong with it though. And as I said, it's a pretty awesome chart. I should wind up being very useful. Great work on it, to both you and Wiz. And hello to Cris the Koala Pokemon.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Village, I understand you and Wizard must have worked really, really hard on this, and it's an amazing and super helpful chart...but I deeply regret that I must point out...there's a mistake. *pulls an anime version of Bianca and bows over and over, repeatedly apologizing* Val is a Normal and Ghost type hybrid. So she is immune to Ghost attacks, rather than taking double damage.
    I don't think I see anything else wrong with it though. And as I said, it's a pretty awesome chart. I should wind up being very useful. Great work on it, to both you and Wiz. And hello to Cris the Koala Pokemon.

Omg, I'm so sorry. I wasn't taking everything into account, and forgot that Ghost types and normal types both cancel out each other. I'll go ahead and fix that now, and edit the post above with the correct chart. When you stay up all night and are working on a detailed chart like this, you are bound to make at least one mistake. Fixing it now. :)

EDIT: It's fixed! Thank you for pointing out that mistake in the chart, Rain T. The basic chart has been updated in its respective spoiler, and the colored one is about to be too. Let me know if you see anything else wrong with it please. :)

EDIT: I've finished updating it! It's fixed now completely. :)

Last edited:

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Just goes to show that no one's perfect, yeah? I'll give it another look-over for you to make sure that there aren't any other mistakes. As I said before though, I don't think anything else was wrong.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Just goes to show that no one's perfect, yeah? I'll give it another look-over for you to make sure that there aren't any other mistakes. As I said before though, I don't think anything else was wrong.

Haha, yeah. Thank you though for helping check it over. :)

Years
  • I don't mean to complain, but can we please stop this "before someone has a chance to respond, someone else comes in and says something, and then everyone is in a new place" thing? I know we move fast, but I don't enjoy the implication that characters just stand around doing nothing just because the player isn't on at the moment.

For example, I would've liked to have Rex at least answer Brian's question at the costume shop, and maybe have him look at the costumes, even if he didn't buy one. But instead, Shadow came in, so Deacon just dragged Rex away, denying me the chance.

And another gripe: Village, please stop dragging people with you. I won't deny Deacon is strong, but he routinely hauls Rex around one handed. Rex is over seven feet tall and more than five hundred pounds. I highly doubt anyone could move him if he didn't want to move, at least not easily. Also, I feel like I have no control over my own character. I had him in the lobby talking to Lydia, but Deacon wanted him at the costume shop, so there he is! Shadow wanted him at the Gym, so there he is!

I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm getting annoyed by my characters being bunnied like this.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Godzil you could still post that Rex looked around some (my post stated that Lydia was there for over a hour so Rex could have been browsing... could also say he got a costume and Deacon was in such a rush he didn't notice Rex had one), but I understand your feelings on this. Perhaps we need to slow down a little and let people catch up. I understand the desire to keep things moving ahead, but we also need a workable pace for the RP. Some people cannot post once a day (or more). So unless the GMs want to set a post limit for everyone to meet we need to find an average and maybe even limit some people so they do not post too often. The constant pressure to post can make people lose interest as the fun is replaced by stress.

Also how does Deacon grab three people's hands at once when you only have two hands to grab with?

Years
  • Godzil you could still post that Rex looked around some (my post stated that Lydia was there for over a hour so Rex could have been browsing... could also say he got a costume and Deacon was in such a rush he didn't notice Rex had one), but I understand your feelings on this. Perhaps we need to slow down a little and let people catch up. I understand the desire to keep things moving ahead, but we also need a workable pace for the RP. Some people cannot post once a day (or more). So unless the GMs want to set a post limit for everyone to meet we need to find an average and maybe even limit some people so they do not post too often. The constant pressure to post can make people lose interest as the fun is replaced by stress.

Also how does Deacon grab three people's hands at once when you only have two hands to grab with?
    I thought I was going crazy when I read that XD, glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I also think that if there are multiple people in a small area anyone who posts should have to wait for the other people's reactions before posing again, that way if someone asks a question it has to be answered or ignored ect, before anyone can cause events that interrupt it. I also don't want people to pull along Brian without asking me, I'm picky about stuff :P and I like to react to everything. If it helps the story along or I'm not on for a couple days then it's fine, but please don't throw him around like a sac of potatoes XD. (Nobody has done this yet but I'm putting it here just in case)

Years
  • I know that I could do that, it's basically how I've been posting whenever two or more events happen without me. I'm just starting to get upset about it, and felt I needed to address the issue.

Also, it leads to long posts, where you mainly recap the previous posts with your character riffing on the action. Entertaining, but hard to set up a dialogue when the event is already over.

As for how you grab three hands at once? Sleeves. He grabbed Lydia's and Brian's sleeves with one hand, Rex's with the other. Presumably the store had a large door. XD

Last edited:
    Back