• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Defeating Ultra Necrozma 😂😂

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
  • How did you defeat Ultra Necrozma, and how many tries did it take?

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • It only took me one try to defeat Ultra Necrozma, but it was really difficult. When I play Pokémon, I try to undergo the story without using a guide except for when using a list to learn every Pokémon on a route when I'm catching them. As a result, I had no clue of Ultra Necrozma's type combination, ability, moves, or statistics. To my surprise, it nearly swept my entire team because it hit hard (which I later learned to be because of its high stats and ability Neuroforce), had great coverage, and outsped almost my entire team. However, I was able to defeat it because I started using priority moves. Weavile's Ice Shard did a good amount of damage to it. I was able to survive its Power Gem with a Focus Sash and used another Ice Shard to get the victory, but I barely won because if I had lost Weavile, I would have lost the battle. My Pokémon were all EV trained with great IVs and right natures, so I did a lot of damage.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Very nice! So you won by a hair, then! 😂

I got sweeped in round one, all got OHKO'd except my Sylveon which got 2HKO'd. 😂
    Awesome, Pokémon Ultra Moon is awesome for that, first time in-game opponents (who isn't post-game battle frontier or something) sweeps your team instead of the other way around as it usually is.

I immediately went back for round 2, but switched one key Pokémon out. With my new Bronzong, I used Trick Room to reverse Necrozma's speed advantage, and proceeded to chip it until I finally knocked it out with my fifth Pokémon (Sylveon). 😂😂😂 My Bronzong also tanked 3 hits from Ultra Necrozma! I didn't realize Bronzong resisted all of Necrozma's attacks, but it does! Hahaha! The speed difference was so great Bronzong'a Gyro Ball did more damage than its Explosion. I know because I used Explosion after Gyro Ball, excepting it to do more damage, but it didn't !!! 😂😂

Attachments

• Defeating Ultra Necrozma 😂😂
      F3AF7BB7-9220-4990-A476-77D59008F646.jpeg
      1.8 MB · Views: 2
    • Defeating Ultra Necrozma 😂😂
      E334F9F6-CECE-43BC-9306-9D68CC329A13.jpg
      611.9 KB · Views: 5
    Years
  • First attempt, going in blind, it pwned me as it literally out-sped and 1shot my entire bloody team. I remember teaching Toxic to one of my mons and Toxic stalling the thing. Don't fully remember how I pulled that off. Looking at my US team I can't help but wonder how Salazzle lived a hit in the first place to get a Toxic off. Actually... probably an affection 'toughed it out' thing lol
    I had already saved right before the fight with it and could not leave =P
    It wasn't pretty, but it worked.
    So two attempts.

Second run, in UM, I brought a Forretress and an X Sp. Def along and walled Necrozma with it.... vengeance shall be mine... :fufu:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Had to go back and look cuz I couldn't remember but apparently it was this:
    I got obliterated by it the first 3 times I tried. But this morning I finally beat it by using an X Sp.Def and two Roto Boosts on Skarmory, then alternating between healing Skarm and hitting Ultra Necrozma, until it finally went down.

Years
  • One try, one Pyukumuku. Complete pushover and disappointment. I never found it hard, but annoying. I dislike the idea that giving Pokémon artificial boost = make the fight harder. It's like a kid designed the fight.

During my other runs like Nuzlockes, I remember I still had no problems with it. I remember beating it with Alolan Sandslash using some Toxic strats once, beating it with Primarina using 2 Moonblasts and beating it with Gengar or something like that during my Ghost Monotype run.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • "ULTRA SUN AND MOON WERE EASY!" everyone whined.

But oh, boy, let me tell you, this was one of the hardest boss fights, ever. I only won after I put a Dark type on my team, but man, Ultra Necrozma is so strong, I can't even. I lost so many times, I lost count.

Years
  • This was the only time in recent memory of a main series game where I lost multiple times before going with a more defensive strategy and scraping by with a win in the end. Was honestly a lot of fun lol, didn't expect the battle to be so tough going in! Can't exactly remember what I did but I believe I went with a status move (perhaps poison) and defense/sp defense boosting moves with healing items until I barely got the win.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Very nice! So you won by a hair, then! 😂

I got sweeped in round one, all got OHKO'd except my Sylveon which got 2HKO'd. 😂
    Awesome, Pokémon Ultra Moon is awesome for that, first time in-game opponents (who isn't post-game battle frontier or something) sweeps your team instead of the other way around as it usually is.

I immediately went back for round 2, but switched one key Pokémon out. With my new Bronzong, I used Trick Room to reverse Necrozma's speed advantage, and proceeded to chip it until I finally knocked it out with my fifth Pokémon (Sylveon). 😂😂😂 My Bronzong also tanked 3 hits from Ultra Necrozma! I didn't realize Bronzong resisted all of Necrozma's attacks, but it does! Hahaha! The speed difference was so great Bronzong'a Gyro Ball did more damage than its Explosion. I know because I used Explosion after Gyro Ball, excepting it to do more damage, but it didn't !!! 😂😂

Yes indeed. I love it when the games offer an in-game challenge like that. I see you used Trick Room the second time around. That's pretty cool to have used Trick Room in a regular playthrough. I like it. lol

Years
  • My first and only attempt was catastrophic. Almost my entire team except Scizor and my starter, Primarina, were defeated in battle. I did not have a strategy besides hitting Necrozma with my strongest attacks since I had no idea he would be that difficult. I also learned right away that taking the time to buff was not a good option. Looking back at that fight, I really enjoyed it when Game Freak would make bosses like that. A pokemon boss that you must defeat has always captivated me like in the Mystery Dungeon games, and I found it more challenging and better than fighting Kyurem in black/white 2. For the record I have not played past Ultra Moon, so I do not know if the later games add similar bosses like Necrozma.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    First try with my Aegislash. Pretty sure I wasn't even overleveled; King's Shield + Ghost Z-Move + Shadow Ball just trivialized Necrozma to the point where I almost felt sorry for it lmao. Had Primarina ready as backup but didn't even need her in the end.

Back