• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
    Years
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but, I was just looking at the evolution data and I noticed there isn't an empty gap of Pokemon(The gap between Celebi and Treeko) like in the third Generation roms. Monferno's Pokemon Number is 8701 which is of course, 391, Monferno's. I found that somewhat interesting, so I thought that it might be worth sharing.
    Interesting!
    I was looking offsets of pokemon initial, but I did not find. If somebody to find,could say me?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    I don't know if you guys allready know this, but the new Amplifier will be able to partially edit the Trainer Data.. :-\

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but, I was just looking at the evolution data and I noticed there isn't an empty gap of Pokemon(The gap between Celebi and Treeko) like in the third Generation roms. Monferno's Pokemon Number is 8701 which is of course, 391, Monferno's pokedex number. I found that somewhat interesting, so I thought that it might be worth sharing.

Well it makes sense they wouldn't renumber the pokemon index numbers again, even with a "gap".

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    please put up a post of that no$gba emulator because mine only works for gba games.

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
    Years
    This all seems really interesting, considering that D/P is a DS game, though i'm sure it's not too different than hacking GBA... is it? Just a quick question but, does the mapping tool that you're using display all tiles at once Hidoran? It would really be a convenient breakthrough for mapping, besides editing tiles.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow D/P Hacking?
    It would be great if someone found a mapping tool, Oh too bad for me my no$gba dosent work :( Ohwell.
    Hope to see some tool updates!

~Celebi

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I can't find any decent threads that concerns my thoughts so..,
    Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Not yet, but eventually it will be possible. What I want however is a link system so I can link my Diamond ROM to my Pearl ROM!

thanks for clearing that out! I am wishing you all good luck on hacking D/P! ;)

Years
    Isn't that true that there's many tools (like A-Map, Hex Editors) in Japan? I mean , can they hack D/P like games for GB/GBC/GBA?

Apparently there are some tools for DP in Japanese, but nothing major like a map editor or a text editor. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but no-one's displayed that they've found all the text bytes or scripting commands. I think all that's been done is of a graphic nature, like replacing little images.
    I have heard, that a mapping tool is in the process of being created, but it's probably a hoax.

EDIT: And Hex Editors can be used on anything. Hex editors aren't limited to one type of rom. How do you think all the information is found for these tools?

Years
    Apparently there are some tools for DP in Japanese, but nothing major like a map editor or a text editor. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but no-one's displayed that they've found all the text bytes or scripting commands. I think all that's been done is of a graphic nature, like replacing little images.
    I have heard, that a mapping tool is in the process of being created, but it's probably a hoax.

EDIT: And Hex Editors can be used on anything. Hex editors aren't limited to one type of rom. How do you think all the information is found for these tools?
    I think someone spoke of a text editor, but im not shure.
    I don't know about they did it white hex or something, but i seen text edit(-: But i don't that much about this kind of stuff....

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Quick question..
    I took the list.txt that ? made. (I know the avvy and sig, just can't remember the damn name.. DX) I have pokeTEX. I want to know, HOW THE BLOODY HELL DO I SAVE THE FILES I EDIT? :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back