• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Diancie Wi-Fi Event 24-27 July

Years
  • The reason why this goes here is because this is an ORAS-exclusive event, but it's here for those who don't know.

Anyways, another Diancie event is coming and this one will only last around 3 days, being available in the US, Europe and Australia from July 24th to the 27th via the Mystery Gift download. It's obtained at Level 50 and comes with the following moves: Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Protect and Diamond Storm. Taking it with you to a Pokemon Center in-game will also allow you to obtain its Mega Stone, the Diancite.

So, it's not often we get Mystery Gift events given how few this generation had but the good thing with this one compared to the last Diancie event is that you don't need a one-use serial code to get this one. Anyone planning to obtain this Diancie?

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I am gonna be ALL over this event. I missed the last Diancie event and its the only poke i need to have a full living dex. So i'll be haps when it's here :)

Years
  • I'm excited about this! I missed my chance to grab Diancie when it first was available. Definitely not gonna miss out this time!

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Wow, for once i don't need to input a code! i will definitely be grabbing this, one less pokemon needed for my live dex :)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • There's that whole ORAS exclusive thing again. Why is this exclusive to just ORAS? Better yet why is almost EVERYTHING exclusive to ORAS these days minus a couple of events?

Eh, at least it gives people another chance to get one. Not everyone could get ahold of those serial codes.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Even though I already got a Diancie, I'll happily grab this one, because ever since I bought X, I started collecting Mystery Gift cards from events. This will be a nice new addition to my OR album. <3

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    There's that whole ORAS exclusive thing again. Why is this exclusive to just ORAS? Better yet why is almost EVERYTHING exclusive to ORAS these days minus a couple of events?

Eh, at least it gives people another chance to get one. Not everyone could get ahold of those serial codes.
    either way it is kind of annoying and not right, its the 6th generation & the 6 gen games are getting jipped while the remakes are getting everything. they didn't treat the 4th gen games this way when hg/ss was out. yes there where some exclusives but not this many and the exclusives back then only did stuff like unlock things in hgss that was pre-programmed into the games prior to release. i just hope they don't treat hoopa & volcanion like this when they gets released in the states

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    'US, Europe and Australia' consoles right? *w*

Hella, I can trade my current Diancie away for a Hoopa.~ *strips and runs outside excited*

Last edited:
    Years
  • either way it is kind of annoying and not right, its the 6th generation & the 6 gen games are getting jipped while the remakes are getting everything. they didn't treat the 4th gen games this way when hg/ss was out. yes there where some exclusives but not this many and the exclusives back then only did stuff like unlock things in hgss that was pre-programmed into the games prior to release. i just hope they don't treat hoopa & volcanion like this when they gets released in the states

I figured the reason why this is becoming a thing is because there's some stuff in OR/AS that doesn't exist in the X/Y coding, which has already been confirmed to not be patched to include these new features. In fact, it's also why battle tournaments have been separating X/Y from OR/AS, because the new Megas don't exist in the former's coding and you cannot even use them on your team if you're battling a player with X/Y.

I still think all 6th Gen games will get Volcanion and Hoopa when those events roll around. It would not be fair to intentionally cut some people out just because they aren't upgraded to the latest stuff.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I figured the reason why this is becoming a thing is because there's some stuff in OR/AS that doesn't exist in the X/Y coding, which has already been confirmed to not be patched to include these new features. In fact, it's also why battle tournaments have been separating X/Y from OR/AS, because the new Megas don't exist in the former's coding and you cannot even use them on your team if you're battling a player with X/Y.

I still think all 6th Gen games will get Volcanion and Hoopa when those events roll around. It would not be fair to intentionally cut some people out just because they aren't upgraded to the latest stuff.
    But then again Hoopa has its Unbound form, which is ORAS exclusive. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had that ORAS exclusive too.

Really they way they did that was nuts. They should have just coded all the Mega Evolutions into all Gen 6 games, as well as all the items. In Gen IV sure Giratina, Shaymin and Rotom had formes that weren't in Diamond and Pearl but those didn't really neuter either game nearly as bad as Mega Evolution does now. If you were to battle using a forme that wasn't in Diamond or Pearl it would still work if I'm not mistaken; the sprites just wouldn't show up, and if you were in the Union Room it would just revert the Pokemon back to normal; more out of fairness for other players than because of compatibility concerns because in Diamond and Pearl their sprites remain constant no matter what forme they're in. In Gen VI if you attempt to use a Mega Evolution that isn't present or unlocked in X or Y, or attempt to trade over a Pokemon with a move that was introduced in ORAS you can't do it at all, and that neuters those games multiplayer wise. It was just poorly thought out and it makes the older games obsolete, as well as blocking a good chunk of players that own X or Y but don't own ORAS.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I just heard about this event a little bit ago, I found no info on serebii or bulba, glad some one made this thread to confirm it and I will be getting mine most certainly.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Not even mad that it's exclusive to ORAS since I have them both ;P But this will probably be my only chance to obtain a Diancie, so I'm really glad this Pokémon is going to be available through Mystery Gift. The biggest issue will be remembering to download within those few days :x

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • either way it is kind of annoying and not right, its the 6th generation & the 6 gen games are getting jipped while the remakes are getting everything. they didn't treat the 4th gen games this way when hg/ss was out. yes there where some exclusives but not this many and the exclusives back then only did stuff like unlock things in hgss that was pre-programmed into the games prior to release. i just hope they don't treat hoopa & volcanion like this when they gets released in the states
    Wasn't there a HGSS only Mew? Also FRLG had the Deoxys ticket event while RS didn't (I am not even sure the island existed in RS)...but Emerald did, so perhaps the next Kalos game(s) will see another Diancie (and Hoopa) event.
    I think they started doing it in Gen V, irc B2W2 were the only ones that got the wi-fi Genesect and that was the same region (though different times) and Genesect didn't have a forme exclusive to B2W2.
    Also, ORAS' sales may already have surpassed XY's so having the event for ORAS only instead of XY only would lead it to reaching more people, of course it would be better if it was for both.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love Diancie so yes, I'll be getting one on both my AS and OR. :) I should clarify that I didn't change my avatar to Diancie for this event, I just saw it in Fairy's shop and it's one of my favorite Pokemon and she did such a great job with it and so here I am with a Diancie avatar. lol And soon more Diancie for my army. I'm hoarding them.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I just heard about this event a few hours ago and I'm excited! I missed the last Diancie Event so I have to get it ^^ I'm just a little mad because it's exclusive to ORAS but it's ok, it's a free legendary so it's a good event anyway ^^

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Wasn't there a HGSS only Mew? Also FRLG had the Deoxys ticket event while RS didn't (I am not even sure the island existed in RS)...but Emerald did, so perhaps the next Kalos game(s) will see another Diancie (and Hoopa) event.
    I think they started doing it in Gen V, irc B2W2 were the only ones that got the wi-fi Genesect and that was the same region (though different times) and Genesect didn't have a forme exclusive to B2W2.
    Also, ORAS' sales may already have surpassed XY's so having the event for ORAS only instead of XY only would lead it to reaching more people, of course it would be better if it was for both.
    the mew from poke ranch was always available for 4th gen games and could be transported to 5th gen games, at least until nintendo shut the gates on 4th/5th gen wifi.
    as for dexoys, you could get it in each of the 3ed gen games(space center event), the forms on the other hand where exclusive to each version and if you traded it to a different 3ed gen game its form would change depending upon the game:
    normal: colluseum/xd gale of darkness/ ruby/saphire
    speed: emerald
    attack: firered
    defense :leargreen
    genesect didn't have any form that was exclusive to just B2W2, that was kyurm and that thing wasn't even an event.

Back