• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you catch and use Drifloon?

Years
Every Friday in Sinnoh, outside Valley Windworks stands a Drifloon:

Valley_Windworks_Drifloon_Pt.png

So, after catching it, what did you do with Drifloon?

Did you use it on your team, or leave it in the PC box to never see the day of light again?

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
I did! Used it for a while because of the move Payback but it's currently in the PC :P don't know if I will bring it back out again

James.

Years
...After about 100 hours invested in Platinum (my only playthrough and the only one I played of D/P/Pt)... I never noticed that Drifloon there. Just now I set my calendar back on my DS and went there to find it. XD

Soo... I caught it. It'll most likely stay in my PC unless I get the time/urge to train it.

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
Years
No. In fact, I don't think I ever went back to the valley windworks. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a child snatcher just to freak people out, but there are bigger fish to fry.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I did use it for in game team actually.
Back then I was kind of stupid,
I was not aware about Physical and Special categories,
I remember giving Driftblim all Physical moves it can learn,
like Explosion, Fly and Payback.
Foolish, foolish...

Sirfetch’d

I caught this cute little guy and used him on my team! He was actually stronger than expected and I enjoyed taking him for a stroll in Amity Square.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I used him once, didn't like him. Now he just rots in the PC. May consider evolving him, who knows?

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I caught it on my most recent run-through of Diamond and intended to use it but there were so many others I wanted to use. Damnit.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I caught Drifloon, then I boxed it. Never found much of a use of it, tbh, since I already had a Flying Pokemon in Staravia.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
I love my greifing pokemon, so Aftermath Drifblim with Willowisp, Toxic, Fly, Protect, and Lefties. Good times.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Wait, what?! ._. I never knew Drifloom appeared at Valley Windworks every Friday ... So that's how a lot of my friends had Drifblim and I was puzzled. >-<

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I caught it! I'm playing through Platinum and trying to complete the dex, so I did train/evolve it, but I haven't used it much aside from that.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
At first I never heard of a drifloom existed until some point and never knew ever since i heard it was every Fridays then I caught it but never used it

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I caught one in Pokémon Diamond, but it didn't have the nature that I wanted. I still evolved it, though, because I was required to have a Drifblim in order to complete my Pokédex. I stored the Pokémon in my third PC box, and later transferred it to Pokémon Black (along with a few of my other mons).

Last edited:
Back