• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you feel *a part* of Unova?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Unova in the Fifth Gen games has quite an enormous atmosphere; we ventured through the rather large Castelia city, to history-filled Opelucid city, and even significant locations like the Desert Ruins, and the dragonspiral tower.

But despite all that, did you ever feel like you were a part of Unova, or did you feel like you were a constant stranger due to the atmosphere? Feel free to share any thoughts.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Gen V is easily the gen that I am the most disconnected with. It never really resonated with me as an enjoyable Pokémon gen, although I did have fun playing White 2 when they added a lot more Pokémon and team options were much more varied. Other than that, it was a really forgettable gen for me, so no, I didn't feel like a part of it.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • As a region, I definitely enjoyed Unova. While I'll always feel much more close to Hoenn as this was my favorite region and generation, Unova was uniquely engaging in some fun ways.

But I can see the appeal to all regions. So yes; but not much more than the others.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • As much as I love the second generation, I am a Johto fan and I admit it.

But

I have to say that I feel more like an Unova girl. That's might be strange to say but imagine you lived in the Pokemon universe, I feel like Unova is my place. That's were I belong lol.

I feel like I my region is Unova, but I would love to visit Johto, that's were my heart is.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • I did, actually! Unova is by far one of my favorite regions. I remember being really invested when BW came out and never wanting it to end, basically. ;v; I loved the Pokemon and I was incredibly invested in N's story.

Years
  • Absolutely. I fell in love with the region and characters so it was definitely one of my favorite main series Pokémon games - you have no idea how excited I was to finally play when it came out. Everything lived up to my expectations. Glad to see some more love for it. Unova represent! c8

Years
  • I'm with most comments here, I definitely felt like I was part of the region. Like Sheep, the game exceeded expectations to the point I was so hyped when I unboxed my Black in 2011 after getting it for my 19th birthday. I have since put tons of work on the file, with a pretty huge Pokemon collection (in fact, it's almost the entire non-legendary collection of the National Dex at the time).

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Well, yes and no for me too. Yes, because I adored it's environment but no because I still felt like there were a ton of things to do in each city on where I didn't really feel too invested on exploring.. Maybe that's what makes it fun?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2015
    I love the experience of Gen 5. it was unique because it felt so modern, even compared to the Gen 6 games. Johoto is by far my favorite region, but Unova has a special place in my heart for being so unqiuely familiar.

Years
  • I gotta agree that unova really resonated to me. The region as a whole just felt - complete in my mind. I began playing in gen 4 and as such sinnoh is a close contender for my favorite region but I think unova was the most enjoyable to explore/see/experience.

Additionally, I think kalos was good, johto and hoenn were interesting but not my favorite and Kanto I felt no real connection too - I believe it's because of all the cities in the game making it feel very urban, I've lived in rural areas all my life

Back