• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you avoid Trainer battles?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • I used to try and battle as little as possible when I was first starting to play Pokémon. Then I learned being overlevelled is fun.

blureshadow

First of His Name
    Years
  • No, if you're not overleveled you're underleveled. The game is meant to be played in a certain order so if you skip some parts then the following ones will be harder to attain.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Unless I'm trying to get through it as fast as possible, I always fight every trainer. It's free experience so I don't see why anyone wouldn't fight most if not all the trainers in the region.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I think for me it depends on what I'm doing at that point in time but for the most part I battle everyone.

Years
  • No, there would have to be a good reason for me to avoid a battle. Case in point I'm in the middle of ev training in the area and fighting this trainer would yield evs for the wrong stat. Or perhaps there's a glitch you can perform involving said trainer so you want to keep him available for later on.

In normal game play though you want to gain experience through trainer battles so that your Pokemon can level up. You also have to keep income flowing in, tms, pokeballs, daycare services, vitamins, breeding and healing items all cost money :)

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Never. I won't become the very best by not fighting anyone in my path!

Years
  • I never avoid trainer battles and if I do for some reason, I always go back to the trainer ASAP to gain some exp.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I always try to battle plenty of trainers, because you probably need to be higher level so you can take the gym easily and it provide income so you can always stack up needed items before heading out. IF one avoid battle is a horrible mistake and put your team behind by miles

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Never! I always enjoy to look for trainers everywhere and beat everyone I come across. I don't want that precious exp go to waste.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • I tend to avoid them sometimes, mostly because my Pokémon would be low on HP with a lack of inventory
    and I want to get already into the next town/city because I do not feel like going back to the previous town to heal up.
    At other times I'm just like 'Nah, not now' and I just skip them for later.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • I always avoid them (if I've chance) even I overlevel.Sometimes they kinda annoying, make my Pokemon got low HP expect when I underlevel and need level up my Pokemon.

Years
  • I used to, then I realized that avoiding Trainers isn't the RPGing way, not unless you want to get your ass Plus Ultra'd by the next Gym, so I run into every guy I see nowadays.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    There is only one trainer battle I've ever avoided in the whole history of the series, and that is the double battle against the two Furfrou trainers on Route 6 in Kalos. Now, I normally only avoid it until I clear out the rest of the route, but even then it's still a tough one.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I usually do every single trainer battle, but sometimes when doing replay, I get bored/frustrated so I will avoid every single battle I can. Then I get mad at myself because I'm a completitionist and I don't want to go back so I delete my save :|

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I used to frequently avoid trainer battles, but nowadays I will battle every trainer I see. The exp points and money gained from defeating trainers is always very helpful to obtain.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • No, I always battled every available Trainer. Even made sure I had a complete list of all the Trainers in the Game, so that I don't miss battling any.

Pika Pika :chu:

Back