• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you dry your clothes in the dryer?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I really don't like to put my t-shirts and jeans in the dryer because I don't want the colors to fade. Also I had some bad experiences with logo t-shirts getting all chapped because the dryer fried the printed logo. However, I always put my t-shirts and jeans inside out to prevent fading altogether. Leave them in the dryer for like 5 minutes and then air dry them.

With underwear stuff like boxers and socks or plain t-shirts, I just dump them on high heat without worry and dump them in my drawer.

What about you guys? Do you like to use the dryer after a wash or do you prefer to hang them around the house and let them air dry?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Of course. I have never had any problems washing clothes in the dryer. I also wash my scarf by hand and throw it into the dryer to dry faster as well. XD Our dryer has a lot of presets on it too, and it's never bothered the clothes before. It's easier for me because I can't adjust whether the presets should be hot or cold or just warm. I'm only now learning to wash and dry my own clothes too. D:

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • In the winter, I use a dryer at a local launderette almost all the time.

In the summer, I hang my washing up outside almost all the time.

Otherwise, it depends just how warm it is/windy it is/sunny it is.

I've never noticed anything particularly harmful happening to my clothes in a dryer after all this time except for a button falling off once; washing machines have always been far more lethal to my dear clothing than the dryer has ever been tho.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Yes I always use the dryer on high unless I'm washing one of my stuffed animals, then I don't bother putting them in the dryer at all; I let him air dry. Also with those big comforters I put on my bed, I put them on low heat/delicate and take them out immediately when they're done drying. Sometimes they don't get done all the way but I just let them air dry so I don't fry them.

Also I had some bad experiences with logo t-shirts getting all chapped because the dryer fried the printed logo.

Can't you just wash and dry them in the machine inside out and they'll be fine? That's what I do with mine and they're all fine. It's just when I wash and dry them without turning them inside out do they start cracking and peeling.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Can't you just wash and dry them in the machine inside out and they'll be fine? That's what I do with mine and they're all fine. It's just when I wash and dry them without turning them inside out do they start cracking and peeling.

I guess I forgot to mention that in addition to putting my clothing inside out to prevent fading, I also do it to prevent damages to the printed logos.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • We don't have a dryer. Not enough room. In an apartment building, you really have to seleect the stuff you buy :\

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Who said you had to have dryers in your homes? Don't you guys go to laundromats to clean your clothing like everyone else does?

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Yeah, I dry my stuff in there, except for bras because the heat will make the cup pull up and then when you're wearing it, you have that awkward little line where it's lifting up against your shirt and like no one wants that shit you know??? Like I want my shirt to look smooth on me and not have my bra lines showing I mean you already know I'm wearing a bra why make it more obvious lol

I think about this too much.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    My first thought upon reading the title was "How else would I dry my clothes?"

I use a dryer for everything. Regular clothing and bedding all go into the dryer on the same setting, as I've done for years. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the clothing when they come out. There's no fading of the colors or any sort of damage.

Don't you guys go to laundromats to clean your clothing like everyone else does?
    No time or money to do so. Also, it's difficult to find a laundromat in my area. This is why I made sure my future apartment has a washer and dryer in the unit, rather than any other option.

Years
  • Unless I want to make more work for myself than is needed, I kind of have to use a dryer.

This apartment, the only washer and dryer it has are ones that are coin operated - since I don't feel like spending money for several loads per week (not that they could get done in the time span I'm allotted anyway), I end up going over to my in-laws' every weekend to get the laundry done. That already takes a few hours there with a dryer...I'm not leaving my clothes there any longer than need be. I like to get my laundry done and then get back home.

I mean, I guess I could just wait until I get home and then hang stuff up to dry (I do at times when I have to do emergency washing of something), but that's even more of a pain because there's no good place either inside or outside to put stuff.

(Not sure if there's even a laundromat near here, either. I know there was one up on the main street, but last time I saw the building was empty so uhhh. Well.)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I put my sleeping linens in the dryer but take them out with one sheet dry for my head and the other still wet for my dry skin. Usually the first one is warm and the second one gets cold fast, but I like it anyway.

As far as clothes go, I do. What'd I'd really like to do is have things cleaned for me from a cleaners service so I don't have to fool with it, and can get things dry cleaned/whatever if need be. I'd rather throw money at laundry really :b

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Come on Alex, laundry isn't that much of a pain that you'd need to hire someone to do it. :P

I do put all my clothes in the dryer (except like...blankets and bed spreads, which I'll put outside to dry during the day if it's nice and warm outside) - I don't have the time or the willpower to do specialized laundering for every little thing, but I do at least wash and dry my shirts/jeans and such inside out so they don't fade.

Yukari

Well, I don't have any other way of dying my clothes, so yeah we use a dryer in my family.

Years
  • We used to hang them all outside and urgh I shudder just thinking about it. xD;; Now that we have a dryer and not just a washing machine we always use that - it's so convenient not having to go out the balcony door and hang things.

pkmin3033

We don't even have a dryer - we have a washing line, lots of radiators, and an airing cupboard. If it isn't pants or socks it goes out on the washing line, and then it all goes into the airing cupboard for a couple of days before it gets slung in the bottom of my wardrobe put away in drawers. I don't think we have room for a dryer in the house, and we don't really need one...sunlight works just as well. xD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I dry everything that doesn't explicitly say it needs to air-dry. Honestly one of the best things in the world is putting on some pajamas or getting a blanket when it's straight from the dryer and still really warm and fragrant.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As much as I appreciate warm clothes from a dryer, there was always something really comforting when I would go out to the clothes line with my me maw and put linens and such out to dry. The cool, damp feel is nice like the warm clothes fresh from the dryer, but it's a different kind of nice.

Back