• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Hate A Band/Artist?

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
Years
  • ...I used to like Taylor Swift...but then I heard her live, she's turning good old Country into Pop *sighs*

Other Artists I hate;

Lady Gaga - I know it's rather immature, but I remember looking up "Love Games" (From the Mighty Boosh) on youtube and being able to listen & watch the video, but back at the begging of the year Lady Gaga and her song "LoveGame" came along and pushed Old Gregg back a couple pages.

Hannah Montana - Ungh, I know it's not right to hate someone, but it's people like this that have ruined Disney... R.I.P. Lion King & Toy Story!!!

Jonas Brothers - Well I don't even hate the band, it's the fangirls that annoy me. They constantly make bold overstatements saying that the Jonas Brothers are the best band in the world, or Led Zeppelin isn't as good as the Jonas Brothers...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Jeffree Star.
    The Millionaires.
    Metro Station.
    Any Disney 'musical artist'.

The first three because both their antics and their music is flat out bad and the last because I don't like pre packaged barely 'real' music.

I also have a hard time getting into all the indie/art rock bands my friends seem to love.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I REALLY LIKE YOUR PEACHES WANNA SHAKE YOUR TREE.

Hahaha.

Good lord... The lyrics are so terrible. Just seeing them is enough to make me think of the song... And I don't want to think of the song! >_<

Better question: Why do people like Green Day?

Because people have different tastes? Some of their songs I've never really liked but there are others that I actually enjoy listening to from time to time.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Because people have different tastes? Some of their songs I've never really liked but there are others that I actually enjoy listening to from time to time.

That was actually a rhetorical question.

Can I lubby dubby lubby dubby love you all the time? I'll sure show you a good time.

Years
  • GREEN DAY
    BRING ME THE HORIZON
    Kings of Leon
    Lil' Wayne is a horrible rapper. point blank.
    Nickelback
    Green Day
    Hawthorne Heights
    Fall Out Boy
    Green Day
    My Chemical Romance
    Daughtry
    Lady Gaga
    Green Day
    Cobra Starship
    Black Eyed Peas
    Justin Bieber

Did I mention Green Day?

and I love how you guys pretty much write off an entire genre of music as "Sex,Drugs,Money,Killing People." Thats the stupidest thing I've heard on these forums..

Last edited:

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • Brokencyde
    Jeffree Star
    Blood On The Dance Floor
    Millionares

All the downfall of music as we know it

Hell, at least the Disney kids have vocal chops, this stuff is way worse than any of that.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Hannah Montana - Ungh, I know it's not right to hate someone, but it's people like this that have ruined Disney... R.I.P. Lion King & Toy Story!!!

^ This times a million. I can't stand all of the wannabe singers Disney is putting out these days. Take all that budgeting and put it back into animation where it belongs! :(

Anyway, I dislike most modern music. It's all about the image (perfect example - Lady Gaga) than the sounds actually coming out of the artist's mouths, and most songs are so generic it's hard to tell them apart or re-releases of older songs that make me want to smash things. It's why I tend to stick to instrumental pieces nowadays. At least the people there actually know how to play instruments. -.-

Years
  • So what exactly are you implying? That I don't?

No, simply that we know what we do and don't like.
    Just because we don't like a band or an artist, doesn't mean we are like you said:

"*OMGZ THAT ARTIST'S GENRE/STYLE/PLAYING IS NOT IDENTICAL TO MY TASTE IN MUZIKS!!!11ONEONE*"

It is not about being open minded.
    If a person hasn't listened to Rap, for example, and they say they hate it, then yes, they aren't open minded.
    However, I have listened to most music types and I have decided which I do and don't like. That doesn't mean I am not open minded, If anything, I am more open minded if anything, because I want to explore different types.

Years
  • I find it hard to listen to the vast majority of music made in the last two decades. I prefer my classic rock ^_^

That. Though I liek Take That and U2.

Anyway, I absolutely hate Oasis, Lady Gaga, Disney Singers, and pretty much all rap/hip-hop signers. Soulja Boy, you are the essence of my insults. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Emmure.

nuff said.

The Acacia Strain > Emmure. always. xD.

Years
  • Bands/Artists I dislike extremely:

• Green Day [I can't stand them at all >.<]
    • Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus
    • The Jonas Brothers
    • Paramore
    Other than those, I'm fairly open to most artists. Although, I have a tendency to dislike more female artists than male ones.

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Any of those bands/singers on Disney nowadays (Jonah Brothers, Miley Cyrus), Chris Brown, Kanye West, Green Day, My Chemical Romance or most emo/screamo bands, Black Eyed Peas, Nickelback, Lady Gaga, and many more. :T

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • I hate these bands that have no substance in their music, take for example dragon force. I HATE THIS BAND WITH A PASSION, not only are they ugly long hair weirdos but their whole music about dragons and dungeons crap gets old. Also they have no skill since most of their crap sounds synthesize by a computer program, ohhhhh any one can doooo that man!

xxzyyzxx

Board.up.the.housE
    Years
  • Any band/artist brought out by Disney. New Rap/Hip-Hop, R&B, Nu Metal, Hardcore, "Emo", and most new Punk bands/artists.

I hate Dragonforce, Cradle of Filth, and Slipknot with the most fiery of passions. The 3 bands that have completely and utterly trashed the Metal genre.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Nope.

I hate it when people complain that they hate a band, just because they think it's cool to hate them. *is judging nearly everyone who posted in this thread*

People like different kinds of music. A lot of people simply have not been exposed to any music outside of the mainstream.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Nope.

I hate it when people complain that they hate a band, just because they think it's cool to hate them. *is judging nearly everyone who posted in this thread*

People like different kinds of music. A lot of people simply have not been exposed to any music outside of the mainstream.
    I don't hate bands just because other people do. It's a personal choice. I looked past the mainstream awhile ago and I can still safely say that. But I understand where you're coming from, because others keep posting on like, Lady GaGa, Jonas Brothers, etc, but that doesn't truly apply to everyone that has posted in this thread. The music you like is a personal choice also. obviously. But I "hate" bands mostly based on the image they make for themselves, with the music I dislike. If their music is just bad imo and they don't do anything negative towards their genre scene or in general otherwise, I just simply don't like them.

Years
  • MILEY FRICKEN CYRUS.
    God damn Party in the USA has been on the Billboard charts I think at #1 for at least 8 weeks. NO NO NO. It is not a real song, IMO.

Bands I hate: AC/DC (just don't like their fanbase), Smashing Pumpkins (I hate how Mr. Corgan has sold out the band), and Metallica when they talk bad about Alice in Chains. He will always be better than you, Mr. Hetfield.

As for Artists: ALL RAP ARTISTS.

Back