• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like or dislike the designs?

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I'm the only person in the whole Pokecommunity forums who likes the dolphin evo.... 😭 It's a cool super hero dolphin Pokemon, like an aquatic Captain America.... 😍 What is it's stats btw? And is it worth using in a playthrough? No one talks about it because everyone thinks it looks horrendous, but l like it and is willing to use it in a playthrough. I just would love to know it's stats, because the leaks are now almost absent from social media thanks to copyright strikes...

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

For future reference, when discussing leaks, especially in a thread that doesn't have a spoiler warning, try to always use spoiler tags until the information is officially released.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Now that I've seen all the new Pokemon I can say with confidence I only truly love a few of them. For a lot of them I like them pretty alright, but I really feel like a lot of the new Pokemon just look terrible in 3D. I won't spoil any of the leaked Pokemon, or anything, but the 3D models just look awful. And there are some Pokemon that just feel overdesigned. I do like at least half of the new creatures that we're getting but there are some that are just really bad.

Spoiler:

I remain optimistic that the 2D artwork will make them all look better. But, a lot of the new designs in 3D just aren't doing it for me yet. My definite least favorites are

Spoiler:

It's going to take me awhile to warm up to these new Pokemon, for sure.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I'm not a huge fan.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    In all honesty? A lot of them are...not great. There are a few that I'm huge fan of and others that have grown on me. I really love Arboliva's design and I have taken a liking to Orthworm, Garganacl, Scovillain, and Baxcalibur. However, a large majority of them are stupid. Revavroom is really silly-looking and I can't help but think that they could have done better for our first Poison/Steel type. Also, I think Finizen is frickin adorable, but...why didn't it just evolve into the hero form of Palafin? Why does it evolve into a Finizen with a heart tattooed on its chest. and what in the world is Glimmet supposed to be? And idk what they were thinking with Tandemaus.

And on top of that, anyone else really disappointed in the regional bird and bug lines for this gen? Most of all...why do we only have two-stagers for these lines? The past few gens have given us great birds and bugs. Its a shame to follow up Corviknight and Orbeetle, two amazing three-stage lines with the ones we got this gen.

The only one out of them I really love is Lokix. That is a cool new Bug-type. Spidops, however, is ridiculous-looking. And again, there's no main three-stage regional bug line. Same thing for the "regional bird" Killowattrel. Why is it only two stages? They could have made a really badass looking albatross as the final stage, but chose to omit that.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After playing the game now. Even more pokemon I have started to like. Eventually I will do a Top 10, but for the time. For those who haven't seen the pokemon yet in game, don't judge them too quickly. Because like official art, many of these pokemon look way better when you are actually playing the game and see the animations instead of a motionless image.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    its a real mixed bag, I really love some of them but think others are in the top 10 worst designs in the franchise. I HATE Gimmieghoul with a passion

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Help, I have become attached to Chien-Pao after watching a couple videos of it in action! These games already killed me from cuteness with Miraidon, and now they're doing it again with this weirdly cute snow leopard/weasel thing! It's even cuter than Sneasel and Weavile!

...Truth be told, I really wish Chien-Pao had been this Generation's pseudo-legendary line instead of a full-blown Legendary. We didn't need another Godzilla clone when Tyranitar does the job well, or yet another Dragon-type pseudo line when Salamence, Garchomp and Dragapult already changed the game in various ways. Plus, we could have had cute kitten and long teen versions of it, not to mention reserved concepts for future pseudos in the rest of the Ruinous Quartet! What a missed opportunity.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • The starters from the recent gens have been too human looking in their final forms. The water starter for GEN 9 looks horrible in the final form IMO

Back