• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you listen to foreign music?

Do you listen to foreign music?

• Yes, because it helps me learn that language

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Yes, because somehow it sounds so cool

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No, I don't like foreign songs at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, foreign songs make no sense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • I listen to foreign music simply because a lot of it sounds good; it has nothing to do with me trying to learn the language or anything, it's just because some foreign language stuff has been canonized (i.e. Sigur Ros) or just in a genre that I like (i.e. Envy) so I'll check them out because of that.

Years
  • Yes. I listen to English music. And some Hindi.

Also what's with the assumption that people cannot learn foreign languages?

Sorbet

sυᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀвᴇт
    Years
  • Mainly English and Korean with some of my Korean faves releasing Japanese music too.

Other than that I also have some Spanish albums on my iTunes and some Finnish and French songs on a Spotify playlist.

(I'm Dutch)

Kodokuna Kishi

Dedicated Trainer of Steel and Dark
    Years
  • I listen to foreign music all of the time, purely because I think it sounds that much better than music from English speaking countries (not quite sure why). And to be honest, 47 of the 92 songs on my phone are from Korea and Japan alone, but I have some German music in what's left.

(Listening to ナノ right now)

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I listen to a lot of weeaboo Japanese music. It's not necessarily that I like the music specifically because it's Japanese. More that Japanese media in general is popular around the websites I frequent, so a disproportionate amount of music recommendations I receive tend to be in that language.

A lot of other languages are represented in my music collection, including Italian, Russian, Norwegian, and German. Interestingly, a lot of these languages are used by non-native speakers, and a lot of the English-language music I own is likewise sung by people for whom English isn't their first language.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I listen to foreign as in from another country, not too much from another language though. I'm in the US and love European folk rock, and some other similar stuff. Enter the Haggis has to be one of my favorite bands, and individual artists, I have to say Natalie MacMaster.

Also Swedish / German Techno in Scooter and BassHunter. Only old basshunter though. He got really cliche when he got big.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Yes, all the time - mostly because the music and the language the song is in just sounds awesome together.

I speak both English and Spanish, I listen a lot to music in the Baltic Languages (Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Latgalu, and Lithuanian) - bands such as Korpiklaani (Finnish), Metsatoll (Estonian), Obtest (Lithuanian), Skyforger (Latvian & Latgalu)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Yeah, I have quite a lot of discs from English-speaking bands, there is a Greek group that I really enjoy (even if I can't understand anything at all), and I enjoy listening to a few Japanese songs here and there. I'd probably enjoy a song made out of random gibberish if the music were good enough.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I used to listen to Spanish music but I hate it now. I only have 1 Japanese song in my library, and everything else is in English.

I listen to some songs in other languages but only because it's funny and only on Youtube.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2015
    I listen to a lot of European music, so hearing a song in another language doesn't really phase me. If I really like it, I might learn some of the lyrics, but it's not something I usually do. I'm more partial to German but there are a couple of Spanish bands I really dig.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • For the biggest part of my life (more than 10 years) I listen to japanese music (and still do sometime), I don't care to not understand what they said, I just like the way it sound. When you can feel the emotions... (I know some lyrics because I found them online).

I'm not listening to japanese music as much as I used to, I'm more into electro stuff for the last 2 years, and I still love music with no lyrics or with lyrics you can't understand (like really mixed up, I'm talking about electro - glitch - dub - chill - aaaalll the steps!)

I listen a singer who was arabic too.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've been listening to a lot of Finnish Rock/Metal music. Imo it's one thing that is actually keeping music alive for me. Some of their songs are in English as well. A lot of Scandinavian rock/metal is really, really good.

Years
  • the art of music isnt dictated by just individual parts alone, its the joining together of these parts and what the combined result is about. Guitars, bass, drums, vocals, keyboards, brass.

I listen to English, German, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Russian/Ukranian, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Greek, Italian and Polish bands, even a few bands who do their vocals in Latin, who use their own languages as well as english. Lyrical content alone does not make a piece of music a piece of music.

Years
  • No because that's encouraging illegal immigration which is bad.

Yes.

Actually I don't listen to songs with words in them anymore so I don't know.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I listen to anime music. I also listen to LM.C and HITT as well, but that's about it as far as foreign goes. I used to be really obsessed with j-rock, though I got in a huge mess with some fakers claiming to be j-rockers on Facebook. Eventually, it ruined my love for a lot of my favorite japanese bands. D:

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • I have three Polish songs that I listened to a lot before I grew tired of them. I'm Polish, and over the summer I went to Poland for the first time in ten years, so I guess I was curious about Polish music. Found a couple of good bands, and out of all of them, T.Love was my favourite.

Back