• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you look your age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you look your age? If so, are you satisfied with this? Given the chance, would you change your appearance to look younger or older? If you don't look your age, does it bother you? What do you think it is about you that makes you look younger or older (facial hair, "baby-like face", and so on)?

-​

Looking younger or older can cause a lot of frustration to some; people will scoff at you if they see you with your child and you're a "28-year-old who looks 15", while if you've got an older appearance, people will assume you're already a parent who graduated from college when in reality you're still in high school, which can make one feel uncomfortable and even upset.

Thought of this while thinking of myself. I've been told by a few people that I look 15 or so, while my boyfriend assumed I was 13-14 at first. Personally I'm not too bothered by it even though I'm 20 and 5'8. To me, looking young is a gift once you're hitting the mid-40s.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm 19 and look, usually, 13 or so to everyone else. Someone thought I was 22 once...I was delighted, haha. Although it pisses me off when people tell me I look 13 (I really hate that age lol), looking young will be handy when I'm older. That's a big plus. Can't wait to make fun of the old people. :3c

Years
    I'm 17 but look like I'm about 19-20 :3
    It would come in handy if I were to drink, smoke, go to clubs etc. but I don't so it only really has flaws like when I was 15 and had to keep paying adult bus fares instead of child fare.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I'm turning 20 this October but I'm often mistaken for 22-25. Must be my build ;o

Doesn't bother me, I'm not flattered either by it. Let's just say it's not age that matters to me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I think I look around my age, most people that guess my age are pretty much right on it. A few people have told me that I look older. It's not a compliment at this, and not an insult either. Now.. if I was old and someone said I looked old... I'd probably start with... "When I was your age... " Just to piss someone off >.< Because calling me old would be an insult. If they said I looked younger, I'd be like: Damn, how'd you know my age? Hahah.

I can't say what makes me look older, because I have no clue. Though, if my facial hair develops(my side-burns/beard e.e) I might look older. We have a gas-station run by people of Arabic descent, they rarely ever ID someone, and plenty of people under the age of 18 buy tobacco products, and some even alcohol products. So, it might be a good thing that I look older.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im 24 but I look a lot younger or so Ive been told.This is annoying and I hate it. Id rather look my age.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm 17 but look like I'm about 19-20 :3
    It would come in handy if I were to drink, smoke, go to clubs etc. but I don't so it only really has flaws like when I was 15 and had to keep paying adult bus fares instead of child fare.

Kinda late, but you know they were practically robbing you right? You should have showed them your ID with your birthdate on it and such. I know American driver's licenses say "under 18 until..." and "under 21 until..." so...yeah. Just a though. lol Cause you shouldn't have had to do that.

Years
    Luckily now my face has caught up to my age. I look about eighteen, maybe a bit younger or older depending on how my hair is or whether I've shaved in the morning.

When I was younger, my faced looked a lot more baby-ish than what it was. In grade 6 a grade 4 thought I was a few years younger than him. In year 8 I looked like I was still in primary school. In year ten I looked like most year eights. Up until the past year I've always looked younger than what I am. It didn't exactly help that I actually was younger than everyone else in my year level, but I looked younger than most people my age anyway so it wouldn't have really made much of a difference if I stayed back a year.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm nineteen and I rarely get the "oh you look older" kinda thing. That's fine with me and all; I think most people think I look my age anyway. Buuuut I get the rare "are you still in high school?" which bums me out because I really don't think I look that young. :(

Buuuut I get the rare "are you still in high school?" which bums me out because I really don't think I look that young. :(

I feel you - I don't think I look young at all either, so it confused me when some people told me they thought I was lying about my age (lol). I think I just have a baby face or something, though I'm not too sure.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm 22, but when I'm out and about I look like I'm in my teens. My sister had fun one summer showing me around her friends and telling her "can you believe she's almost eighteen? She looks like she's twelve!"

I can look closer to my age if I take the time to make myself look good, but on the whole I'll probably look like a kid for a few more years. I'm okay with that. As long as when they see my ID they believe it's real. d("d)

Ayselipera

I've always been mistaken as older. Which is nice I guess because it makes me look mature. I remember once when I was 14 I went to the hairdressers and the woman thought I was 19 and asked me what clubs I was going out to that night and how my college courses were. So that was all good and fun until I told her the truth, yaaay.

Anyway I'm not really sure what makes me look older. For a while I'm guessing it was because I was really tall and already fully developed by a young age, but now I'm just average height and among the ranks of every other girl out there so I don't know!

Years
    I am 19 and I look much younger than that.

If you were to ever see a photo of me it would remind you of those kids with Down Syndrome (I don't really have DS, but ASD).

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Well, I'm 20. But, I've been told I look 16 or 17 by some people. What do you guys think? Here's a recent pic of me in the spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I've always looked older than I really am. I can't remember how long it's been since I've needed to rpove my age, maybe 5 years? I'm 17 and I look about 19-20, possibly 21. I like that I don't have to carry an ID around with me wherever I go (I still do, but I never use it lol).

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Well, I'm 20. But, I've been told I look 16 or 17 by some people. What do you guys think? Here's a recent pic of me in the spoiler:
    Spoiler:

It's the peach-fuzz.. a lot of teenagers don't have the full beard growing because they're still developing.. and they are too lazy to shave cause of school. Get rid of it and you'll look your age :3~

As for me; I'm often told I look 15 even though I am turning 22 this month.

But you be the judge:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It depends. Sometimes I've been told that I look younger, and sometimes people don't really question it (or they assume and when I tell them they give me this 'really' face). In fact, it's a bit sad sometimes because some people have said that my sister and I look the same age, or my sister looks older than me when I'm the older one by five years.

When I dress up I look a bit older, and I think when I actually dress decently I look a bit older than when I just toss whatever I find in my room that's clean that day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back