• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you look your age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I apparently look young for my age... although I never really thought I did. I'm fifteen, turning sixteen this Saturday, five foot six, which I guess is a little short. I'm a junior in high school, but just two weeks ago, I was visiting my freshman biology teacher's classroom and all the little freshman thought I was one of them. >> They kept asking me "Are you SURE you're a junior", and I'd be all "Yes... I am sure". Afterward, I'd recall the story with my friend and he said "It's the babyface" and apparently he was being serious. I guess I don't mind that, I like feeling and looking young, but if looking young gives me issues like people treating me like a child, I will freak. Just saying~

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I always looked older than I what I am. When I was 11 someone asked if I were 14. I don't mind if people assume I look older, I kind of enjoy it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Depends on my hair. If it's down, I usually look dramatically younger than I am - unless it's rather longish. If it's short and styled up, like I normally have it, I tend to look about four or so years older. I don't know if that makes me look my age, of it it's four or so years older than how I look with my hair down. My glasses also make me look a little older too.

I usually group most ages together. I don't know what i should look like specifically as a 19 year old, so I don't know if I look my age. :/

Apparently, I look much younger than I am. This will help me immensely when I am old enough to cougar.
    omfg lmao!! This is my favorite post ever.

I look like 17-18 while i am 15...
    Some even say im 13...
    ....I'm confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I look younger than my age. An older guy at work who I had a crush on burst out laughing when I told him I was 20, because he had always thought I was 16 apparently ;_; I've had one person ask me if I went to work after school, but others have asked me if I go to uni, so I suppose it's OK.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I'm tall so I look mature for my age, but not very much. I never met a person who thought I am over 15.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    When people look at me, or even hear me, they immediately think I'm 14. I'm gonna be 21 in a month and a half. :|

Others think I'm like.. 22-23 because I look taller than my mother.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    I have found that I look younger than my age, as I look younger. I'm 22, but I could pass as someone in high school on certain days, and other days I look my age. I'm also 5'1, so the height issue also makes me look younger. Either way, I love it. Sure, sometimes it sucks when people think I'm 16, but when I'm 50, I'll look younger! Sounds good to me! Better to look young than old I say!

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
    I, according to multiple classmates and teachers, look quite a bit younger than my age. At eighteen and a high school senior, and despite having been an infamous student at my school for a year, some of the staff members never saw me before. Taking my not-so-little brother to his freshman orientation for his first year at the school, they had believed I was the freshman.

On a more recent occasion (just earlier today, actually), two of my classmates asked me how old I was. When I told them I was 18, one actually dropped his jaw in disbelief and said, "I thought I was older than someone in this class for once." He's 16, and the tallest person in the class.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Even though I'm sixteen, until now I've always had a boyish haircut - It's never been long. Because of it, as well as my shortness and tomboyish personality I'm often confused as a 10 - 12 year old guy... it's quite hilarious actually xD My dad's friends are all "Oh so this is your son."
    A certain someone *coughCalibancough* said:

you look amazingly like a really bishie guy xD

I can't remember what I went to see, but It was a R16 Movie, and the dude at the counter was giving me suspicious look and asked for my school ID.

Unfortunately I have been forced by my parents to have a girlish haircut so now I don't look much like a twelve year old anymore

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Honestly I get confused for my age since I'm hairy,sorta tall for my age,have a very deep voice,heck once a sear dealer got me confused for my own father,so needless so say I get called being 16 even though I went through puberty early.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Sort of, but I'm much younger since I do have a pretty chubby face and cheekbones! I'm definitely trying my best to look more mature though! D:

Years
    I'm 19 and I apparently look more similar in appearance to a 12-year-old.

If you could ever see what I look like you'll notice I am very freckly and odd.

The reason for me looking younger than you think is probably because I'm on the Spectrum.

Sap Sipper

Terrified of Bad Luck.
    Years
    Even though I don't see it myself, people say I look 18 or 19, when I'm actually 16. I'm not sure why people say that, but I'd guess it has something to do with my height/body build. I'm tall - 6'3" - and have wide shoulders. I'm not fat, though, which is kinda awkward. I wish I was shorter, and preferably have slimmer shoulders - they're stupid.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Most people seem to think I look younger than I am. When I was a senior in high school, two juniors thought I was a freshman... I don't see it myself, but w/e.

.: Symbiosis :.

The connection of two
    Years
    Well,since I'm stern and serious,and a little tall,people think I'm older.Generally I can watch movies that have a censorship of 15,when i'm 13.

I'm 13,and people often think I'm 15 or 16. I am tall,and I'm often with a serious expression though ...

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I look slightly younger than I am, if anything. SOME CERTAIN PEOPLE said I looked 12 years old. Well I don't know how they got that but anyways, younger if anything lol.

Do you look your age? If so, are you satisfied with this?
    Yeah I look my age, or younger, but not older. I'm fine with it.

Given the chance, would you change your appearance to look younger or older?

Nope, the only thing I'd wanna change about my appearance is that I want just a liiiittle bit of a tan, because I have a very pale skin, always did, but my hair is black as well so I look like a ghost sometimes lol -__-.

If you don't look your age, does it bother you? What do you think it is about you that makes you look younger or older (facial hair, "baby-like face", and so on)?
    Facial hair can do a lot, and like Kura said in a previous post to someone, it can even work the other way around of making you look younger than you actually are, if it grows in a certain way. A little chubbyness would also make you look younger I guess, I'm just a tiiiny bit chubby. But I like it so it's fine haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back