• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you organize your PC boxes?

Years
  • Do your PC boxes have any type of organization?

I keep shinies together in the same boxes, but otherwise most things just go into whatever box as I catch them. Recently I've been trying to organize my legendaries in SV by putting them with others from their generation and in order, but I'm still a little unhappy with the results. Are you doing any organizing?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen today
    Only if I catch a considerable amount of Pokémon and need to keep them somewhat organized. But just very basic, usually I have a temp box for recently caught and potential future party members (or party members temporarily boxed if I have more than six active Pokémon), then the other boxes for all regular Pokémon I catch. I also divide them by "region" if there is more than one, like in SV I made separate boxes for Pokémon caught in Paldea, Kitakami, and Blueberry.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Not too much. Designates a box(es) for party members, level 100s, and future training projects. May clear out a box as a landing zone for eggs or PokeJobs too. Becomes an unsorted mess of wild Pokemon outside of that.

Years
  • So, either the very first or last box is called "On Deck". It's where any party 'mon in rotation reside when I have more than 6 I like to use.

In the case of SV, I used different teams of 6 for the main story, the Teal Mask and the Indigo Disk. So it was handy to have a box where I wouldn't lose track of past party members.

Then, once I beat the main story, I name boxes for Physical-oriented competitive 'mon, my Special-oriented 'mon, and finally one for Support 'mon. Occasionally each of these categories will span multiple boxes, depending on how many I raise in a generation.

I may also make a box for Legendaries; in games like HGSS, B2W2, USUM where many Legendaries from previous titles are available. But I haven't bothered catching the past Legendaries in SV yet, nor did I do it in SwSh's DLC. So the native legendaries introduced in those games tend to go straight to my Living Dex in Home.

Years
  • I used to organize them by regional dex number once, but I've moved on to just grouping them by type, and within each type they'd still be by regional dex number.
    Dual types get to be in whichever of the two types' boxes still has room to accommodate them =P
    Unless of course it starts out like Hatenna as a pure type and then gains the dual typing later on, in which case the entire line goes into the original base stage's type box.

This is for my normal Living Dex boxes though. My HA/Aprimon storage is another matter entirely as those get sorted alphabetically, barring a few exceptions due to lack of space =P

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen today
    I organize in specific generations in which I think the box has a visual appeal. Gen 3 and Gen 4 for example.

Years
  • In Nuzlocke, I have a special box for fainted Pokémon. I usually put a beach or sky background on it.

On my main saves, I usually have few different boxes. Few for hatching, where I put Ditto and bunch of eggs I'm hatching, then at least one box for my competitive Pokémon. I also usually group them in teams I want to use. And I also have few boxes for event or rare Pokémon. I still have boxes full of Pokémon distributed for the 20th anniversary.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Yes, I often do organize my PC boxes. I typically use my first box to contain my main playthough Pokémon that I alternate between. I also use a box that contain all my Pokémon that I use competitively. In Pokémon Violet, my competitive box is currently Box 22. I also have a box that contain all my Shiny Pokémon, and another that contain all my legendaries and mythicals that I captured or collected over the years.

Back