• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you own a tablet?

Years
  • No tablet currently :(

However, I definitely want to get a sturdy, reliable one for digital art at some point.

Being a broke, college student doesn't help xD
    Just so you know, we're talking about tablet computers here, not drawing tablets :o unless you mean have one for drawing, which I didn't realize was a thing!

Stumpy.

[b][i][color=#330033][font="Lobster Two]The Lone P
    Years
  • Just so you know, we're talking about tablet computers here, not drawing tablets :o unless you mean have one for drawing, which I didn't realize was a thing!

I'm pretty sure there are drawing tablets implemented with screens (however, I could be wrong xD). The ones that mirror what is on your computer screen, I believe.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to have a Samsung tablet but that eventually just... died... :') The closest thing to a tablet-computer I have right now is the iPad Pro 2017, which is my current inexpensive alternative to portable digital art (because lbr the Cintiq isn't for cheap people like me-- their "entry model" is just $50 cheaper than their older version that's $700 smfh). I love it.

I never really appreciated tablet computers because I often compare them to laptops-- they're just as portable, the laptop is just slightly bigger and the laptop can do more things. Of course that changed with the iPad and the pencil, since now I can actually do art with pressure and man it's just really good and easier to carry than two bags for the laptop and drawing tablet.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • i have a samsung galaxy tab E, its on android 7.0, so its a bit behind, (not as far behind as my 6.0 android phone :))
    i prefer a computer honestly, so i use that over my tablet almost 24/7 but i play games and stuff on it every once in awhile, or when my computer is broken and dont have a computer to use.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Currently have an iPad 9.7 I'm pretty sure. I got it when I upgraded my phone, they had a nice deal going and I always wanted one. Sometimes I really forget I have it if I'm completely honest. I like having it though, since I rather watch videos on it and play some games that require me to have a bigger screen.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nope haven't needed one! I preferred small laptops.

However... now that i have begun to love mechanical keyboards, I'd almost want to have a tablet and a small bluetooth keyboard for it instead of a laptop o:

Years
  • I have a Huion art tablet, but it's not a proper tablet with a screen and shit so it doesn't count. Otherwise no, I don't really see the point. I have a smart phone and a laptop and even my TV can do Netflix/Youtube these days. There's just not really any good reason for me to own a tablet when those three between them do everything a tablet can do but better.

The only form of tablet I'd really consider would be so I could draw directly onto the screen, but I don't do art enough to warrant the expense.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
    Years
  • I used to have a samsung tablet......................but it died{it actually got virus because i used to browse unnecessary sites (lmao)}

I bought another and this one works fine (you see, i have been working on tabs for 3 years so i guess returning to mobile phone is gonna be pretty hard because my fingers are adapted to the big screen ;-;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    yes ,i have asus transformer, but cannot advice it , as in a year it can have to many poblrms with display

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • I do! It's an.. um.. okay I don't know what it is. All it tells me is that it's an iPad (6th generation) :L
    Okay after looking that up, it's a 9.7...? Maybe? Apologies for the stupidity there, it's my first iPad.

I used to own a Kindle Fire until it broke. I loved playing Minecraft Pocket Edition on that thing..

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I have a Lenovo tablet, not sure which model. I got it as a Christmas present from my parents a couple years ago.

It's fine for what it is, I mostly just use it for watching TV/Youtube or streaming.

Years
  • I have one tablet, but its really old and weaked one, since my parents tend to buy an outdated and near the end of support a lot more, partically because they get a price drop when the new one comes out.

Last edited:
    Back