• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

So, yeah, I played Cards Against Humanity for the first time ever with my friends today.

It's now one of my favorite games ever.

Years
  • I don't get many chances to swim anymore, I would use the pool over at the gymnasium at college but it's usually crowded. Although I do like the water when it's warm...

Sir Codin

What is it like anyway? I think I played it on PC and got confused.
    I have to mirror the 1d4chan article on it to explain it:

"You know how, when you play Apples to Apples, the goal quickly changes from "Play the funniest combo" to "Play the most terrifyingly offensive combo"? Like, someone plays "Crispy" or some shit, and you play "Anne Frank"? That's Cards Against Humanity. It's specifically set up to be as offensive as possible, like a good episode of South Park, but pulls it off well enough to come across as hilarious, instead of morbid.

A great game to play with college dorm-mates, erudite friends, polite society, your grandmother, and anyone else over the age of 18 (CarcharOdin's Note: "WRONG. Anyone over 15, you idiot neckbeards"). You will never look at anyone you play with the same way again."

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to live in Jacksonville, and trust me, being able to swim year-round is a myth. It was 20 degrees there yesterday lmao :( The air temp might warm up, but the water temp stays super cold.
    I didn't live in Jacksonville, but I lived like 45 minutes away from the city at one point, and oh there's a story here--

I had an uncle and his family visit one time while I still lived there. It was like April or so at the latest. They decided they wanted to visit the beach while they were there, since they didn't live near any beaches themselves. That...was possibly one of the most miserable beach trips I've ever been on, my god that water was c o l d and the weather itself wasn't even the warmest yet.

(As for swimming, I can't. Well, I can, but I have an aversion to deep water because of something that happened when I was young, so I'm sticking to water I can still stand in.)

Blastedoise

"...Too bad, though. ...It's all over now. ♪ ...Th
    Years
  • Gee i can't wait for tommorow. It's supposed to rain, but idk i can trust that thing. I don't wanna end up wearing, some stuff and it starts shining. Well, it's just Business School, so happy to be back there. Starting working again on Tuesday finally.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I just fenagled with Phiddeus enough to get to have this laptop at my relative's. Whoopee!~

Recently I've been cutting out a lot of nasty things from my diet. This cherry soda is going to my relative's and staying there. I'll have water.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I only drink soda in the weekend. I mostly live on water and milk throughout the week.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • On colds, I would only have water. Orange juice and hot tea actually worsened it for me (which is odd). I mean if I could get a small bottle of Ginger Ale, that would help a little too because of the Ginger in the soda.

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Hot water and honey helps if your throat starts to hurt. Otherwise you have to wrestle the cold like you're Steve Irwin fighting off a manta ray

Cura

Years
  • Hot water and honey helps if your throat starts to hurt. Otherwise you have to wrestle the cold like you're Steve Irwin fighting off a manta ray

Wow, that Steve Irwin joke. I wasn't expecting that one.

Ginger tea is pretty much all I drink, aside from chai.
    Carbonation and caffeine makes me feel better for some reason.

Naturally, the carbonation actually causes the mucus in your throat to unstick to the walls (of your throat), allowing you to feel a little better, it also opens your nose passages as well allowing you to clear it. Caffeine most likely is a minor pain-killer (in a way) it makes the body response a bit more positively.

Sometimes I hate personal experiences...

Cura

Years
  • Well damn, I guess that's the reason then haha. That's probably why it feels so good to chug a Sprite the morning after a night on the town.

Normally Sprite has no caffeine in it? Still, Sprite and Ginger Ale are always good to have after a nice meal or dinner.

Cura

Years
  • Always keep 'em guessing. As far as I'm concerned, humor is the best medicine. Even if the joke is kind of shitty if it's unexpected a chuckle can still be elicited.

I can completely agree with your statement. :)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Every good bit of humour has an element of truth to it.

Along with his brutally honest cynicism I think the painfully apparent truth to Carlin's humour is why I love his material so much. If you see him off the stage you'll know that's really a persona he puts on for the performance, but even then his words and his normal demeanor still don't conflict... he's genuine. I like that. I admire that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back