• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My new years resolution was to stop getting sick every other week. I've kept it this far :] or, well, I've ignored when the viruses start to stir.

*reads last page*

AHA not that kind of virus. lmao

Last edited:
    Years
    I see tech talk, and nobody invited me?

FWIW, Macs have been less and less vulnerable to viruses as the years turn. It's various distros of Linux that are the most immune, really.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Oh, and when they do crash, they crash so hard they fall through the ground, go through the core, emerge on the other side of the planet, and launch into the stratosphere.
    My family and I use to have a Mac; we've had it since 2009 until it died on us on December 2014. We replaced it with one of our spare Windows computers.

Years
    Haha we're gonna steal Zach's activity from his forum :P

Anyway, while I do like my MacBook, there are things that I found my Windows computers to do better in a couple ways. Although the Mac has the dashboard, which I find to be a nice feature.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    I've had to clean and repair a macbook once, it was not a fun job, they are so much of a pain with parts. :|

Its like a german made car (IE. BMW), it needs specialty hardware to be fixed.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I fixed Macbook PCs during my college externship. Yeah they were no fun at all, but it actually served me as actual experience. I want to familiarise myself with both Mac & PC in terms of hardware.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    I fixed Macbook PCs during my college externship. Yeah they were no fun at all, but it actually served me as actual experience. I want to familiarise myself with both Mac & PC in terms of hardware.

Oh, yeah. Its amazing to have knowledge of both hardwares and softwares. :)
    But in all honestly, its nice to learn these tools out since you can start making your own PC or Mac.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I think its just awful that people think they're getting a 700 dollar phone for free, or substantially less, and what bullshit is pulled to rope people in for horrible cell phone services. Never gonna get an iPhone in my life, always will go with the alternative. More importantly, the quality has declined substantially, as its probably past the point were quality control is maintainable. I mean come on, on the android side, you can easily get something as good or even better for 250 if you know where to look. And of course the ZTE was awful for you, its ZTE! Lenovo or Huawei are the good chinese companies.
    My second Galaxy Reverb was dirt cheap. It's locked to Virgin Mobile but that doesn't really matter as their service is great (unlimited everything for $55/mo, and as low as $35 for unlimited data + text and limited talk). Weighs so nice in my hand, custom ROM, 16GB Micro SD card, all my music, custom backing, lovely battery life... wanna know how much I paid for it?

$80 outright, brand new. Those phone subsidies are scams.

By the way, I was looking at potentially getting one of those flagship phones, and goog God was the service setup with the major carriers awful. AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon want to give me a really shitty list of options to choose from where you're paying out the ass for anything less than their overpriced unlimited plan, and on top of that you're locked into a subsidy with it too. My mind was blown why so many people use these gimmicky providers when there's VM on the Sprint data network across the country for so much less.

My repair shop does not fix My First Computer™s, sorry. I do actual PCs.

Never in a million years will I voluntary use those glossy, white, homoerotic toys. Seriously, don't they look the least bit gay, in the shape and texture? I know what I could do with a smooth, white, soft, rounded object

/shot

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Never in a million years will I voluntary use those glossy, white, homoerotic toys. Seriously, don't they look the least bit gay, in the shape and texture? I know what I could do with a smooth, white, soft, rounded object

The lady doth protest too much

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Anyway, what's wrong with using the word in a non-literal sense? lmao

Because you used it to describe something you dislike. It's in the same realm as saying "that's gay" with intent to offend, when the word itself is otherwise irrelevant. not trying to start a thing here, just saying that wasn't a very kind usage of the word.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Because you used it to describe something you dislike. It's in the same realm as saying "that's gay" with intent to offend, when the word itself is otherwise irrelevant. not trying to start a thing here, just saying that wasn't a very kind usage of the word.
    Negative + Gay =/= Unacceptable. Pretending there isn't another side to the gay coin makes no sense, honestly. Isn't that a bit politically correct, anyway?

"Kind usage" - I'm offended by that. Telling me I ought to be full of cake and rainbows because I'm talking about dicks is ridiculous

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I think you missed the point of what I was trying to say -w-; It's alright to be on either side of the coin, but it's not alright to disregard how your words can effect others.

Anyway, I love my iPhone. I had an Galaxy SII before I got my iPhone 5C(green yesss), and I fell in love with it. I spent so long customizing my Galaxy, that I was just never happy with it. Got frustrating after a while. Don't have that problem with the iPhone owo

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I think something was lost here, in the line of communications (as always the problem is). Sorry I didn't clarify well enough before, but I quite frankly find the products homoerotic. It's not like X 13 y/o boy calling something "gay" to be funny. They quite literally look sexualized to me, and I find that out of place for computer appliances.

As for the items, overall I think they're just flashy and overpriced. You pay a lot more for a lot less in the abstract and get shiny glossy casing and a special logo you could spend $40 to have embossed anyway... it's just capitalism honestly. Selling things because people will buy, regardless of whether the consumer wins out. It's all about marketing and that's smart business. I may hate the merch but the massive success of them despite their lacking demeanor is amazing on the behalf of Apple.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I think something was lost here, in the line of communications (as always the problem is). Sorry I didn't clarify well enough before, but I quite frankly find the products homoerotic. It's not like X 13 y/o boy calling something "gay" to be funny. They quite literally look sexualized to me, and I find that out of place for computer appliances.

Well then "homoerotic" isn't the right word to use. If they seem sexualized, then you'd just say "erotic" or "romanticized", unless you meant think they're gay as well. Which you say that's not what you meant to imply. Unless you mean you think they're made to seem better than they are, which

As for the items, overall I think they're just flashy and overpriced. You pay a lot more for a lot less in the abstract and get shiny glossy casing and a special logo you could spend $40 to have embossed anyway... it's just capitalism honestly. Selling things because people will buy, regardless of whether the consumer wins out. It's all about marketing and that's smart business. I may hate the merch but the massive success of them despite their lacking demeanor is amazing on the behalf of Apple.

you delved into here. Either way, doesn't matter, just "homo" doesn't fit in there anywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back