• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

• Yes

Votes: 119 62.3%
  • Yes, but only because I don't have good Pokémon

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • No, I gave it away

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 29.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • I always keep my Emploeon with me. He's such a powerful edition to my all water team & he's awsome looking to boot

Anjiru

Prince of Darkness
    Years
  • I don't take my starter with me...

sure.. it's 100 but i got my 7 boxes ful of EV trained Pokemon for Duelltower or Wifi fights, so i can't take it with me...

it's not as strong as only one of my others.. because it is senseless to have his starter EV trained...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My starter has to be in my party for right now. I am doing some chaining for a shiny, and I need it to help me beat the pokemon I am chaining for. I have other pokemon that could help, but my starter was with me already so I decided to use it instead of heading back to the PC to get the others.

Ayselipera

I always keep my starter pokemon with me.
    The starters are some of the highest stat pokemon
    there are. So I don't see the point of dissposing them.
    Plus I would hate to raise it so far just to take it out
    of my team. It would feel like a waste to me.

sez1992

Seeker of National Pokemon
    Years
  • I still have my infernape but its in the box atm cause im training my team for the pokemon league :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    lol, i resented my starter (empoleon) but i have kept my charizard forever

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • i ev trained my turtwig in hp, defense and speed (only by 40) and i reset the game until i got an impish turtwig. its a powerhouse and has a great attack and never......ever dies. its at lvl 58 and i'm about to challenge Byron on Platinum for the first time. I will never part with him lol

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I would love to keep my Infernape in my Diamond Team but because it isn´t as good as it could be I´m going to replace it with a new Infernape. I also have Empoleon and Torterra that I use a lot but I´m going to replace them as well. XD In Pearl I end up starting with Piplup that has already evolved into Empoleon and I gotta say that it is worth keeping. : DD

Alec_

Years
  • I always do have my Empoleon on my team. Because i think it's the strongest one. Because you raised it from its starter level up to high level. And it's becoming stronger and stronger than any pokemon of your team. ^^.

~Fairytales..

Trainer AJ

I am an hero
    Years
  • When it comes to traveling my Torterra is my friend. In fact I take him practically everywhere. After all he was my first and was responsible for helping me catch at least half the Pokemon I have now. Although we do to battle other people once in a while, my Torterra isn't as active in the competitive setting. Instead, I'll usually take Roserade or Abomisnow.

a.new.bent

likes fire
    Years
  • I don't normally have my starter in my party just because I haven't trained him all that much since after the Pokemon League.

However, I do use him (infernape) in the battle hall and he does pretty well there
    Moves: shadow claw, blast burn, thunder punch, and mach punch

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Yes, because if I wished to replace it then I would have to level up a replacement... :/ [is lazy.]

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
  • I always kept mine, I will when I get Platinum tomorrow, I'm just some sort of sentimental freak when it comes to.. everything.

Back