• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you think the smartest 13 year olds in a classroom can do your job?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    this question is intend for people who work in office environment.
    but you are welcome to give an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Well there is this 13 year old in my school who is pretty intelligent. And I am not good at anything so maybe he can do whatever I can a lot better.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Haha, no. Even 13 year old geniuses lack the real world experience required to work serious jobs.

Years
    Probably, if they can handle the stress and culture (public accounting), and the popular image that they are just minimum wage H&R Block or TurboTax monkeys.

Years
    Well, that would be me, so I think that all of you should be answering yes.

Just kidding, but I think I could do some adults jobs better than they can, just by meeting them and knowing what they do. I'm not so sure about an office job. I would have to enjoy what I was doing. I can sit down and code or write just about all day.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    A lot of people can do what I can do, but they need training first. It's not so much the job itself that's difficult, it's the dedication and patience required to run around and do everything while having a positive attitude. There's quite a lot to do in my departments, and if you're not careful, you can quickly fall behind and have no hope of catching up. Thirteen year olds tend to lack the motivation and real world experience, so I would say no, but there's probably an exception or two out there.

Plus you need to know how to make a 16 oz. half-caf iced mocha breve, single shot.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    A 13 year old could not handle the pressures of working on a McDonald's till on a Saturday night. That time frame is hell on earth.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    uuh, to be honest? probably. my job isn't particularly hard, as i'd still be able to do it if i was 13 again.

it doesn't require any kind of degree or intelligence to do, just some instruction and patience for tediousness.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    uuh, to be honest? probably. my job isn't particularly hard, as i'd still be able to do it if i was 13 again.

it doesn't require any kind of degree or intelligence to do, just some instruction and patience for tediousness.

This. Pretty sure a 13 year old could do my current job.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    Nope, They surely mess up the things as they cannot handle the stress and pressure of the work.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    13 year olds shouldn't be bartending, so job one is out. GameStop on the other hand...maybe? I feel like a 13 year old doesn't have the money or more experience with a lot of different games at that point. But the POS system, sure. I just don't know how much a 13 year old would know about the games per se or older stuff (cause you do get people coming in talking about that and my store takes old stuff for trade ins now).

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Since my job is all physical labour, and working quickly (and working well with others), intelligence is not a factor.

I'd say so long as they were physically fit (even to a lesser degree), they'd be fine.

Also, they're too young legally to work here. xP

Back