• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think you living place is safe now?

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
  • So, you think that your place is safe from criminals?

So far my house had two times broke in, some stuff had been stolen but mostly are helmets and metal scraps. We had built taller fences at the backyard to prevent these happen again.

Empire

Lurking since 2008
    Years
  • I live in a small apartment in the city which is sheltered by 2 locked doors at the front with a sort of airlock room in the middle that can only be opened by keycard and then my room itself has a main door which can only be opened by keycard and a security screen door.

I feel pretty darn safe xD

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • I live with my buddy who never keeps our front door locked so idk... sometimes I feel like our belongings would be safer if he locked the door. As for my personal safety, I think we're fine. We live in the hood but it's an apartment building and you need a key to get inside. Plus we're two twenty-some year old guys. I have a crowbar under my bed, just incase. Never had to use it and I hope I never do, but ya never know. The buddy I live with also has a crossbow (LOL) so yeah... idk maybe it's just the "young invincibility" talking but I feel pretty safe most of the time.

Years
  • My neighbourhood is pretty average, it's not perfect but in general there's way worse not that far from here. In saying that though, my neighbours neighbour jumped the fence and robbed them at knife point recently. He was arrested and we have security screens and doors that are always locked. I'm not hugely concerned.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I honestly don't feel safe where I live, just in the general area and the state as a whole. If I'm not mistaken, Louisiana holds the title for the most dangerous state or the state with the most crime or the state with the highest murder rate, it's one of those 3 and I can't remember, but either way, I feel equally unsafe with all of them. I don't even feel safe with my parents. I went to the kitchen to get a drink, my dad gets up because he heard something, and when I see him, he has a loaded revolver in his hand and aiming it dead center in front of him and he even turned and aimed it at me. You either got the bad drivers, the gun lovers, the rednecks who do dangerous stuff on a daily basis or have really short tempers or make death threats to people who are not the same as them, or the psychopaths. In all, I don't feel safe around where I live, nor do I even think it is safe.

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I live in a rather quaint town with little to no violent crime (not entirely sure how it is on the burglary end) and on top of that, the main gate has a lock, and then there's a second gate that also has a lock and then a door, which has a lock as well. All in all, I feel pretty safe and comfortable. xD

pkmin3033

I think if there were burglars in the area they'd go for something a bit more lucrative, like the garage or the factory opposite my house. That said, when I'm home alone I sleep with the biggest carving knife we have in my bedroom. This isn't a rough area persay, but...eh. At least I've got something, even if we were burgled I'd probably grab the phone, climb out of my brother's bedroom window, and then call the police.

Years
  • As safe as anyone can be in America.

To break into my place someone would be visible to 5 of my neighbors (whose front doors are all 10-30 feet away) and they would hear anything like breaking glass. Plus, except for the block of townhouses I live in, the neighborhood has a lot of rich people and big houses which are more isolated so I feel safe as far as I don't think I'm any thief's first choice when it would be riskier and the reward less.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Nothing happens on my side of town. No crime of any sort because no one is really around. The area in general can be somewhat dangerous, depending on what direction one goes in. But I can say that I feel pretty darn safe where I live right now.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I live in the middle of nowhere. The most that's ever happened is my parents have had their cars broken into twice in the 27 years I've been here, and those were only because they'd accidentally left them unlocked. But crime in general here is pretty rare, thankfully.

When I get my own place in the city, I'm sure it'll be a bit less safe, but I know the area well enough to know which neighborhoods are safe and whatnot, so I'm going to be selective about which neighborhood I live in.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've lived in some very questionable places before. Meth house across the street when police raided them. Attempted burglary within our apartment building. But that was back then when I was a child. Nowadays I live in middle of luxury apartments and expensive houses I highly doubt anyone would attempt break in here, but I'm always keeping my eyes out for people who look shady. As far as robberies/burglaries go, there's only one I know of when some dude on drugs broke into a woman's house with her kids with her up the street while he was on drugs! Not sure what the hell his intentions were. Overall I'd say it's a place safe to live here.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I live in what most would consider a dangerous city for all the crime and murder and whatnot. But honestly, in my 5 years of being here I've never felt unsafe. I know the areas to avoid, I take a cab or an uber if it's late, and I can walk around at midnight in certain areas and not feel uneasy. I think once you live in a big city long enough you learn what's good, what's bad, etc. I love my city.

Years
  • I don't live in a particularly dangerous area in terms of break ins and stuff, but it's very drug laden here.
    But mostly people just keep to themselves.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    i suppose like with any small town deep in the nz countryside there are quite a few methheads and usually at least one meth lab burns down every year, but they keep to themselves as much as methheads can i guess
    very quiet in terms of crime and burglaries aren't unheard of but generally few and far inbetween
    any real issues almost always result from accidents

occasionally i leave the house unlocked when i'm going out so i guess that's a sign of how safe people view this town to be
    or a sign of my naïveté
    oh well!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Safest place I've ever lived. You could go out leaving your front door wide open without having to worry about anyone entering here (not that it's recomended, haha). I don't think I've ever heard police sirens in the year-or-so I've lived in this city and I don't know anyone here who's ever been a victim of a serious crime - closest anyone's come is one guy who had his moped smashed up by people who had a problem with him in a town 30-odd miles away. It's a bit of a nowhereplace so there's obviously bored people doing drugs every now and then but realistically, that isn't anywhere near the safety issue that people make it out to be unless you're closely involved with users who are really into it.

When I head back to Manchester, though, that's a whoooooole different story. No matter how safe you try to be in that city, it never seems like you can stop yourself from being a victim of a crime. Worst that happened to me was I got mugged walking home from work once which... I guess isn't the worst that can happen. A few months ago my girlfriend's house got broken into - 8 students live there and everything they had got taken, right down to the mobile phone chargers. That was pretty bad. Her lot seems to have a bit of bad luck in general though since the house they lived in last year was next to one that someone got shot in which is quite something given that we have gun control.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd say Sweden, and especially my small town, is very safe. Except... There has been a few knife stabs and even gun events over the past few years. Gang wars are escalating too. It's usually not very dangerous for the average person though. I was never mugged or came into contact with weapons or even drugs actually. Been living in a fluffy bubble safety pocket on Earth, perhaps.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I live in a pretty nice little neighborhood. Very little crime happens here and everyone on my street is pretty friendly and neighborly. The only bad thing is that the nearby busy street has a lot of homeless people and people asking for money, and there was one instance where one of them said some...inappropriate things to me, so I don't feel totally comfortable walking around there alone. But all-in-all it's a decently safe area.

Years
  • The neighborhood I live in now is very safe. I have left the door unlocked a lot when I leave somewhere and I can walk around at any time of night and not worry. It's the safest place I've ever lived.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Everyone in our household knows a thing or two about some basic to advanced level of self defense so when some gangsters or some thieves try to break in our home, they'd be feeling the murder coming from our murdershafts. Its a good thing we live in a rather small and suburban subdivision so we won't have to worry about actually killing bad people.

Those who've ever heard of Manila would probably know some of the stories of crime and arson there. Good thing we don't live there either.

Bot

Robot con sentimientos
    Years
  • Yes, this place is really safe. Well, I live in a close area, it's quiet and boring.

Back