• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Want To Be A Mod?

Would You?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mew_3

I am not amused...
    Years
    Eh, I really don't care much of being a Mod.
    Most of my friends want me to be one, they think I'm mature enough.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Who wouldn't want to be a mod. Yeah, I would cuase all the other places I modded at got either shut down or kept crashing or being hacked. XD

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    i would like to simply because i am one of those people who likes having power, and i am on here enough that it checking up wouldn't be a big problem for me. it bugs me when i am powerless - dunno why.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Well most people would want it for the power but not the responsibility. But a lot of people like the responsibility simply to be the ones other members look up to...

Lucid

Sure, I?d love to do what I could to help PC <3, and as a plus, I wouldn?t have to hack David anymore to see the lou- I mean? yeah, sure, mod, great? *cough* >> <<

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    I do. But i think the mods should know all the ruels and be really trust worthy.
    I'm not saying the mods all righty aren't trust wrothy, i'm just saying a person shouldn't became a mod just because he/she is a freind of a mod, that just makes them think their really special wich they really aren't. I'm sorry if someone reads this and gets mad at me. I'm just saying what i think a mod should be like.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    I honestly don't see a mod being disliked or disrespected, unless it was in some type of useless conflict. Mods simply attract more attention then the casual user and because of that fact it makes them way more popular then they would ever be as a casual user since they're more noticeable and have some firepower against the trouble makers. As crazy though as it's sounds, it's the truth no matter how much you want to sugar code it, same thing applies on mIRC chats only the Mod is an AOp.

Now I admit, I've been both, but when I was a Mod here I never really wanted to because I wanted the other users to respect me as an individual rather then having the couple odd users that will only talk to you because of the status you have. In any case I accepted it, mainly because the community was lot smaller back then and they were in need of Mods at first I declined but later my conscious kicked in and figured I should at least contribute my part when needed to the forum, which I did. And we all drank sake, and roasted some marshmellows by the hot springs, the end!
    Bleh, there's my 2 cents...

AngelMina

+Im Back+
    Years
    My Opinion

Well being a moderator takes responsibility.
    I would not mind at all if I were asked to be a mod. For one I "actually" read the PC rules and try my best to follow them.-Even though I joined this April. I know what is good and what is bad to do. Also you have to be an active user on this forum, you cant just except to be a mod and then forget about it and dont come on for a long time. Its a responsible job to do. If I were asked I would be happy to be a Mod ^^. Being a regular member Is great too. ^^
    ~Mina~

Last edited:
    Years
    I suppose everyone here would like to become a Moderator.
    I would like to become one here too... but then I suppose that would be greedy of me since I am already a Global Moderator/Moderator at a number of places.

So I suppose it doesn't really matter much to me at all.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I used to really want to be a mod but ever since I became one on a another site, i dont really want to be one.

Years
    coolmaster said:
    I used to really want to be a mod but ever since I became one on a another site, i dont really want to be one.

Oh I see. How come? I know being a Moderator can be a lot of hard work... but I'm interested to hear your reasons. ^^; =)

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Of course I want to be a mod. Who doesn't? Personally, my ambitions go much higher than that; I'd like to become a super mod or even an admin.

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I totally changed my mind. I really want to be a moderator now. When I voted I didn't know what moderator was or did. Now that I do know I want to be a moderator so badly.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    :: shrugs before shaking head :: I have no reason to be a moderator, and have no desire to be one. Being a member pleases me well enough. Actually, I would rather be a member than a moderator.

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    My opinion on the subject is irrelevant. But it's good advice to anyone of you responding to this topic that as a general rule in forums, expressing desire to be a mod generally puts you at the bottom of the list to become one.

LudaFire

LudaFire!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 27, 2005
    I guess that I would like to be a mod/admin, but being a normal member is fine. Also, you would have lots to do, and I don't have alot of time on my hands.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Keitaro said:
    I honestly don't see a mod being disliked or disrespected, unless it was in some type of useless conflict. Mods simply attract more attention then the casual user and because of that fact it makes them way more popular then they would ever be as a casual user since they're more noticeable and have some firepower against the trouble makers. As crazy though as it's sounds, it's the truth no matter how much you want to sugar code it, same thing applies on mIRC chats only the Mod is an AOp.
    I think it's more like:

HalfOp - Mod / SMod
    Op - Praetor
    SuperOp - Admin

Back