• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you wear socks or slippers inside the house

Years
  • why do you guys wear socks inside the house
    slippers or barefoot if there aren't any slippers in the area

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    why do you guys wear socks inside the house
    slippers or barefoot if there aren't any slippers in the area
    Because we don't all live in tropical paradise latitude

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • In our house we have carpet on the lower floor and the upper floor (Main floor being hardwood).

If I don't intend on leaving the lower floor for the day I will rock the barefoot attire. If I have to go the main floor to cook a meal, seeing as it is a temporary thing, I would still continue on with no coverage for the feet.

But if I have to go out, have company, or be spending a lot of time on the main floor then I will sock it up.

Cold floors don't bother me, I embrace it.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I go with flip flops now. They're comfortable and easy to clean.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    barefoot when i'm at my parent's house, but i usually wear slippers/cute fuzzy socks in my own flat... it's cold here orz

Years
    • Seen today
    I have house slippers.

I don't like socks. Alone they don't actually protect my feet and if I step on something wet that's an awful feeling to deal with.

Years
  • Barefoot. It feels the most natural in the comfort of my own home. If you are resting on a soft carpet or bed linen then it's the only way to go. If it's a very hard surface like hardwood floors, tiles or stone then I will don flip flops or some other very breathable footwear that is as close to being barefoot as possible. Nothing that covers my foot entirely. No socks! That would be suffocating.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 90% barefoot, even though it's dry over here and my feet can become sandpaper. So I need a special lotion for that.

The other 10% I wear flip flops, no matter how cold it gets (it's a Californian thing)

Years
  • If it was just me I'd be barefoot. My boyfriend has asked me why I'm not cool so much that I'm socks in summer, slippers in winter. It does make the feeling of bedsheets on my feet even nicer though, oh my!

Back