• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor tWho Mafia (GAME OVER)

Years
Did Naku ever claim? The role pool of what he could be is kinda limited here but I wouldn't mind hearing confirmation. Currently I'm going to vote on the Malanaphii wagon, but as it stands Trev would be next on my list at this stage or potentially jd just by process of elimination. At this stage I think Spikes might be inno or 3p.

[vote] Malanaphii

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I didn't say that you couldn't refute anything; you already did, your refutation just doesn't matter to me.

That is literally saying that I shouldn't refute what you're saying. You're straight up refusing to listen to me, which is - pardon the French - fucking shenanigans. You don't get to stubbornly ignore valid responses to your flimsy logic and assume that it absolves you of suspicion.

And at the time, it was an observation, not an accusation. But either way, I'll say what I want when I please, because there is intent behind every word. And I have read everything, actually.

You said, "I think this is a slip." When you say that, you are literally saying, "I think Trev is mafia and I think they slipped up and revealed information only a mafia could know." The intent behind your words is crystal clear: you think I'm a mafia. If you've read everything, you're doing a poor job of using the information you've been given.

And there's nothing absurd about what I postured. Conveniently, you either don't understand what I meant, or are trying to deflect it. Don't tell me what my reads are.

There's many things absurd about what you posted, namely the fact that you seem to think I've revealed information only a mafia member could know, when the information I "revealed" was already made public in the OP. I fully understand what your read is because you already highlighted the exact piece of my post that you have a problem with. If that isn't your read, then you need to clarify what your read actually is, because what you've presented can only lead any rational person to conclude what I have concluded.

Also . . . I don't care about how active you've been? That alone makes you no more townie nor scummy. Not only that, but if I were mafia trying to take down one last townie (as that's all that's needed), it makes zero sense to go after someone that's most likely to pose an issue in lynching them.

If you're a mafia member (which I'm suspecting you are based on this behavior), taking out the most active contributor, who is able to refute most reads against them, would be a huge hit to town. Considering both CB and gimme find me scummy as well, you seem to be taking advantage of an opportunity to turn people against me and get me killed.

I also never explicitly scumread you ("slightly pinged" we're my exact words) nor proposed a lynch. But nice try.

You literally said that what I said was a slip, which is saying that you think I'm mafia and accidentally revealed information. That is a scumread, naku. You seem to think that you haven't done anything but noted a slight suspicion, but you're literally dead-ass accusing me of being mafia. Even if you haven't explicitly proposed a lynch, the wording of your post clearly implies that you would be okay with lynching me based on my responses. If you care so much about the wording of things, you're doing a pretty bad job of wording your reasoning clearly.

Did Naku ever claim? The role pool of what he could be is kinda limited here but I wouldn't mind hearing confirmation.

He has not claimed, and I too am interested in hearing his claim.

Currently I'm going to vote on the Malanaphii wagon, but as it stands Trev would be next on my list at this stage...

Why? Because I dared to defend myself against Naku's weak logic? Since you're voting for mala on the basis that they haven't claimed, need I remind you that not only has Naku not claimed, but also he is stubbornly adhering to a read based on flimsy logic. Seems you'd find that more suspicious.

At this stage I think Spikes might be inno or 3p.

On what basis? I don't really find them super suspicious either, but that's only because they've barely contributed and I don't have anything to analyze further. I'm hesitant to give them the clear for staying silent.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
Years
I'm actually currently more leading to vote neon sword because malanaphii makes a good point about how easy it would be for him to fake that role. And if malanaphii is actually telling the truth about not being questioned the third night that kind of puts the nail in the coffin for my suspiscions.

[Vote] Neon Sword for now.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Typing this much on a phone is so fun
That is literally saying that I shouldn't refute what you're saying. You're straight up refusing to listen to me, which is - pardon the French - fucking shenanigans. You don't get to stubbornly ignore valid responses to your flimsy logic and assume that it absolves you of suspicion.
"Valid," "flimsy" lol

I've listened, but the nature of what I observed as a potential slip isn't something I'm going to believe your (same, tired, rehashed) response to. Could it have just been poor presentation on your part? Yes, which would be an unfortunate error for you, but that alone isn't going to cause a lynch on you. What will is what you say after such a thing, which has been plentiful thus far (albeit repetitive).

You said, "I think this is a slip." When you say that, you are literally saying, "I think Trev is mafia and I think they slipped up and revealed information only a mafia could know." The intent behind your words is crystal clear: you think I'm a mafia. If you've read everything, you're doing a poor job of using the information you've been given.
Lmao a "slip" isn't nor has it ever been just "information only a mafia could know."

There's many things absurd about what you posted, namely the fact that you seem to think I've revealed information only a mafia member could know, when the information I "revealed" was already made public in the OP. I fully understand what your read is because you already highlighted the exact piece of my post that you have a problem with. If that isn't your read, then you need to clarify what your read actually is, because what you've presented can only lead any rational person to conclude what I have concluded.
The entire first half of this goes back to my previous statement directly above this quote lol.

And lol, oh that last sentence is rather self-centered, isn't it?

Does anyone other than Trev here actually need clarification on this bit

If you're a mafia member (which I'm suspecting you are based on this behavior), taking out the most active contributor, who is able to refute most reads against them, would be a huge hit to town. Considering both CB and gimme find me scummy as well, you seem to be taking advantage of an opportunity to turn people against me and get me killed.
Do I really need to explain how stupid that is

First, I think I might have to crown you as Queen of the OMGUS here, and second, as I already said, there is no reason whatsoever for the maf to try to lynch someone active. It's MyLo. There's no such thing as "a huge hit to town" anymore, other than lynching one final townie. There is no mafia-sided benefit to trying to lynch you. That's not a narrative you're going to have much success pushing on me.

You literally said that what I said was a slip, which is saying that you think I'm mafia and accidentally revealed information. That is a scumread, naku. You seem to think that you haven't done anything but noted a slight suspicion, but you're literally dead-ass accusing me of being mafia. Even if you haven't explicitly proposed a lynch, the wording of your post clearly implies that you would be okay with lynching me based on my responses. If you care so much about the wording of things, you're doing a pretty bad job of wording your reasoning clearly.
This is the third time in one post you've said that exact same, erroneous statement. A "slip" doesn't have to just be information in the classical sense.

I'm not even interested in lynching you this day phase.

He has not claimed, and I too am interested in hearing his claim.

Why? Because I dared to defend myself against Naku's weak logic? Since you're voting for mala on the basis that they haven't claimed, need I remind you that not only has Naku not claimed, but also he is stubbornly adhering to a read based on flimsy logic. Seems you'd find that more suspicious.
L. M. A. O.

Someone's trying to cast some shade here.

Nakuzami

Years
I'm actually currently more leading to vote neon sword because malanaphii makes a good point about how easy it would be for him to fake that role. And if malanaphii is actually telling the truth about not being questioned the third night that kind of puts the nail in the coffin for my suspiscions.

[Vote] Neon Sword for now.
Darth, I just have one question for you: what's your role? Because your answer to that can instantly settle this Neon thing.

Did Naku ever claim? The role pool of what he could be is kinda limited here but I wouldn't mind hearing confirmation.
I haven't. I wanted to see what the other three quiet people would say first, but even when popping in to post, they've avoided saying much. I don't quite like that.

Jd is the only one that hasn't shown up at all.

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023
I had a feeling that if I chose a mafia player they wouldn't admit that they were chosen, which is great since that means we can find scum who will deny they weren't visited and I think we caught one with Malanaphii who didn't even bother to claim (or counterclaim).

[Lynch]: Malanaphii

what would be the point in a mafia member lying about being visited by the corsair - they wouldn't lose anything if they confirmed they were visited. and surely, if i were doing that, i'd deny that i was visited at all. the point is that i was visited by the corsair on night two but i was not visited on night three, meaning either you're lying, or you've confused your information. either way, i don't like how people are being so quick to support you when you've given incorrect information.

Yet you haven't offered a counterclaim, and unless jd or darth come in and claim Corsair, then that leaves Neon as the de facto Corsair . . . so

With you not counter claiming either Corsair or vanilla townie while trying to call a claim out as false, leaves it feeling like you're maf

again, whilst they could be the corsair, the information they've posted is wrong, so i'm calling them out on it. whilst we're talking about people not claiming, i haven't seen a claim from you, either.

anyway, as of now, i'm gonna [vote] Neon Sword. they really need to check their results if they really are the Corsair, because i was not visited night three. i'm also kinda sus of Naku, for not claiming on the basis of wanting to see what others claim first, and yet getting annoyed when other people aren't claiming for the same reasons. as has been said, it really does seem like you're trying to follow your own strange logic and get upset if anyone else disagrees with said logic.

Nakuzami

Years
what would be the point in a mafia member lying about being visited by the corsair - they wouldn't lose anything if they confirmed they were visited. and surely, if i were doing that, i'd deny that i was visited at all. the point is that i was visited by the corsair on night two but i was not visited on night three, meaning either you're lying, or you've confused your information. either way, i don't like how people are being so quick to support you when you've given incorrect information.

again, whilst they could be the corsair, the information they've posted is wrong, so i'm calling them out on it. whilst we're talking about people not claiming, i haven't seen a claim from you, either.

anyway, as of now, i'm gonna [vote] Neon Sword. they really need to check their results if they really are the Corsair, because i was not visited night three. i'm also kinda sus of Naku, for not claiming on the basis of wanting to see what others claim first, and yet getting annoyed when other people aren't claiming for the same reasons. as has been said, it really does seem like you're trying to follow your own strange logic and get upset if anyone else disagrees with said logic.
Say, not necessarily claim.

But let's put it this way: I said what I said because I was implying that I was not CCing Neon. You did not CC Neon. Darth did not CC Neon. Jd did not CC Neon. Therefore, Neon is the Corsair. What you say about his information is completely irrelevant.

Not only that, but neither you nor Darth has claimed at all.

Both of you are mafia.

And that is a straight up accusation, unlike how Trev seems to be taking things

But I like how you rehashed something Trev said too! And I'm neither annoyed nor upset at all, quite the contrary, in fact. Also a cute try, though

##Vote malanaphii

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I've listened, but the nature of what I observed as a potential slip isn't something I'm going to believe your (same, tired, rehashed) response to. Could it have just been poor presentation on your part? Yes, which would be an unfortunate error for you, but that alone isn't going to cause a lynch on you. What will is what you say after such a thing, which has been plentiful thus far (albeit repetitive).

What I'm saying is that your reason for even pointing it out is ridiculous. Literally nobody but you has problems with what I said, because everyone else knows that what I said is something that literally every single player in the game (except you, apparently) was already aware of. Telling me that you're just going to ignore any defense I put up about this is incredibly fucking shady.

Lmao a "slip" isn't nor has it ever been just "information only a mafia could know."

That is literally the only meaning of a slip.

There is no reason to use the world slip if you aren't insinuating that I'm mafia. You're saying that my "slip" was that I knew gimme was silenced because I'm mafia. If that's not the case, then please elaborate what information I could have possibly slipped as as a vanilla townie in that sentence.

And lol, oh that last sentence is rather self-centered, isn't it?

And what about it?

Does anyone other than Trev here actually need clarification on this bit

I didn't need clarification until you said that what your original read isn't actually your original read. If you don't think that I "slipped" or you do but you don't think that I'm mafia, then you need to clarify what you actually think.

Do I really need to explain how stupid that is

If you want to stop looking like complete scum, you either need to agree that your logic is absurd and you fucked up, or you need to defend your position with something other than "I'm not going to listen" and all your dismissive comments.

as I already said, there is no reason whatsoever for the maf to try to lynch someone active. It's MyLo. There's no such thing as "a huge hit to town" anymore, other than lynching one final townie. There is no mafia-sided benefit to trying to lynch you. That's not a narrative you're going to have much success pushing on me.

Uh, yeah there fucking is. Town can't pull off a lynch until they have 5 votes, and the Doctor is probably going to skip the night phase. There are not currently 5 votes for mala, so unless someone flips their vote, it's unlikely that she's going to die this day phase (and if you think I'm voting for her when you are clearly presenting yourself as obvious scum, lmfao). Next day phase, that'll leave us with the same amount of players that we have right now. Mafia taking out an active player in this situation would help them immensely because they could lead town into a lynch when the inactive players aren't contributing as much and/or aren't as good at refuting arguing points.

This is the third time in one post you've said that exact same, erroneous statement. A "slip" doesn't have to just be information in the classical sense.

Then what is the slip, Naku?! There's no other definition of a slip! What did I slip? If your claim isn't that I knew gimme was silenced/faking silence, and you're not accusing me of being mafia, then I have literally no idea what you're basing that suspicion on or why you even bothered bringing up that statement in the first place! Why did you even point that sentence out if you don't think it means I'm mafia?! The whole point of this game is to point out things that make people look like mafia!

Someone's trying to cast some shade here.

Maybe if you'd stop acting shady and just explain yourself like any other rational player would do, I wouldn't throw shade.

EDIT:

But let's put it this way: I said what I said because I was implying that I was not CCing Neon. You did not CC Neon. Darth did not CC Neon. Jd did not CC Neon. Therefore, Neon is the Corsair. What you say about his information is completely irrelevant.

That's not true at all lmfao. The real corsair could have not claimed the Corsair - their reason unbeknownst to us - and Neon could be fake claiming. As we've seen with gimme and CB, people in this game are more than willing to lie about their actual role. You can't make that assumption. The only way to actually know if Neon is the Corsair is if we lynch them to confirm (which I'm not currently suggesting since you're by far the most suspicious person).

Last edited:

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023

Not only that, but neither you nor Darth has claimed at all.

Both of you are mafia.

##Vote malanaphii

jd's silenced, so how, exactly, are you expecting them to be able to cc neon? i'm still pointing out that their information is wrong - so, if they are the corsair, i'm confused as to why they've lied/given incorrect information to support their claim.

you seem VERY insistent that me and darth are mafia because - oh - we haven't claimed. and, again, you still haven't claimed either. there's no reason for you to expect others to claim to you when you're not claiming yourself. you're really using some strange logic here to make everyone believe you're somehow above the other people who haven't claimed a role. why is that? you're trying to convince yourself and everyone else that what you're saying is the only possible answer with absolutely no logic to back up your claim. you've just been repeating yourself this entire day phase and, to be honest, it's not getting anyone anywhere.

Nakuzami

Years
What I'm saying is that your reason for even pointing it out is ridiculous. Literally nobody but you has problems with what I said, because everyone else knows that what I said is something that literally every single player in the game (except you, apparently) was already aware of. Telling me that you're just going to ignore any defense I put up about this is incredibly fucking shady.
Or it's not something they picked up on in the same way.
That is literally the only meaning of a slip.
It is not.

There is no reason to use the world slip if you aren't insinuating that I'm mafia. You're saying that my "slip" was that I knew gimme was silenced because I'm mafia. If that's not the case, then please elaborate what information I could have possibly slipped as as a vanilla townie in that sentence.
Sweetie, even "townslip" is a term that sees use, though that's obviously not what I meant in regards to you.

But again you keep trying to push that idea as if it's fact because it comes from your keyboard.

It's not that you knew he was silenced, it was the tone of your post and how you said it. Honestly, I'm not that hung up on that little piece, but you certainly are concerned about defending against it. It has been helpful with how much you've been talking, though.

If you want to stop looking like complete scum, you either need to agree that your logic is absurd and you fucked up, or you need to defend your position with something other than "I'm not going to listen" and all your dismissive comments.
Mmm. No.

Uh, yeah there fucking is. Town can't pull off a lynch until they have 5 votes, and the Doctor is probably going to skip the night phase. There are not currently 5 votes for mala, so unless someone flips their vote, it's unlikely that she's going to die this day phase (and if you think I'm voting for her when you are clearly presenting yourself as obvious scum, lmfao). Next day phase, that'll leave us with the same amount of players that we have right now. Mafia taking out an active player in this situation would help them immensely because they could lead town into a lynch when the inactive players aren't contributing as much and/or aren't as good at refuting arguing points.
There's eight players. If we fail to lynch a maf member, the NK doesn't matter. It would then be 4 v 3, the mafia could just reveal and have their 3P helper vote with them, and it's game over. So, no, lynching an easy target is a far more viable path.

The Doctor skipping the night phase only helps if we lynch a mafia member today, and then one tomorrow as well.

Then what is the slip, Naku?! There's no other definition of a slip! What did I slip? If your claim isn't that I knew gimme was silenced/faking silence, and you're not accusing me of being mafia, then I have literally no idea what you're basing that suspicion on or why you even bothered bringing up that statement in the first place! Why did you even point that sentence out if you don't think it means I'm mafia?! The whole point of this game is to point out things that make people look like mafia!
A slip doesn't have to be information. A slip can be someone showing a certain confidence in something happening that a regular townie shouldn't have, or an out of place interaction. It would be based on knowledge that only mad would have, but would not necessarily be a direct slip in information.

Conversely a town slip can be someone showing a total lack of knowledge. Lol

Maybe if you'd stop acting shady and just explain yourself like any other rational player would do, I wouldn't throw shade.
I was talking about the shade you threw at GP based off the shade you were putting on me. Lol.

That's not true at all lmfao. The real corsair could have not claimed the Corsair - their reason unbeknownst to us - and Neon could be fake claiming. As we've seen with gimme and CB, people in this game are more than willing to lie about their actual role. You can't make that assumption. The only way to actually know if Neon is the Corsair is if we lynch them to confirm (which I'm not currently suggesting since you're by far the most suspicious person).
Which would be an absolutely terrible play by the Corsair right now considering it's MyLo. So is it nicer of me to assume that said player would have some semblance of an idea of what they're doing, or just believe that everyone is incompetent?

jd's silenced, so how, exactly, are you expecting them to be able to cc neon?
Very simple: Neon had already claimed before jd voted. If jd we're going to CC Neon, he would have voted for Neon.

you seem VERY insistent that me and darth are mafia because - oh - we haven't claimed. and, again, you still haven't claimed either. there's no reason for you to expect others to claim to you when you're not claiming yourself. you're really using some strange logic here to make everyone believe you're somehow above the other people who haven't claimed a role. why is that? you're trying to convince yourself and everyone else that what you're saying is the only possible answer with absolutely no logic to back up your claim. you've just been repeating yourself this entire day phase and, to be honest, it's not getting anyone anywhere.
ha
Haha
HAHAHAHA
yeah okay

"Insistent" when I explicitly stated it once.

And you haven't just failed to claim, you've failed to CC the ONLY town aligned roles that have already been claimed. If you were those roles, you would have been like "whoa this person just claimed my role, they're maf"

As for my own claim? I wasn't worried about it, because no maf member would dare to CC me, so it's been more beneficial for me to see how people would choose to interact with me prior to me claiming

If that doesn't make it obvious, I'm the Doctor.

P.s. - been repeating myself bc my main responses have been to Trev rehashing the same stuff.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2019
The fact that Malanaphii still hasn't given a claim, and is currently providing a very weak defense has cleared up any doubts I had over Malanaphii being mafia, with two other likely suspects. I found Trev's post about the Corsair to be reaching, it would be completely irrational for the corsair or the doctor lie about their role on a MYLO phase.

Darthspikes you should claim asap otherwise you will be a likely lynch candidates for tomorrow.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Due to the server being busy for a while there, you have 45 minutes from this post to get your final votes in.

Nakuzami

Years
malanaphii - Neon Sword, CB, gp, me
Neon Sword - malanaphii, darthspikes
Nakuzami - Trev
Not Voting - jd

Looks like a right mess, doesn't it?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
DAY THREE IS OVER

Because nobody got a majority of the votes (50% is not a majority), nobody gets exterminated!

NIGHT THREE HAS BEGUN

You have 48 hours to send in your night actions!

Nakuzami

Years
Because nobody got a majority of the votes (50% is not a majority), nobody gets exterminated!
/sigh

tumblr_pfdl6ivuDg1r0ykcvo1_500.gif

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
DAY FOUR HAS BEGUN

Thanks to the actions of The Doctor, Nakuzami, night three is over, all actions are invalid, and it is now day four!!

You have 48 hours to hopefully get a vote together!!

QUOTE TREE FOR NOTIFICATIONS
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back