• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor tWho Mafia (GAME OVER)

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
[Vote]Sawsbuck Now is not the time for random votes, also I didn't like the vote to abstain the prior day.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
Years
Sup.

LOL dang, so sorry guys I was at work nonstop for the whole of day 1. (I'm a janitor irl and I literally only work Fridays and Saturdays)

ANYWAY I suppose I got some explaining to do

1: Yeah, this is my first time playing in years (And no I wasn't good last time either LOL)
2: No I don't know anyone in this game irl
3: Uh. Shoot. Good point. My new vote is [VOTE] Pecilia lol
4. Straight up if y'all wanna lynch me I wouldn't just mind watching the rest of this game to learn how to play better lol. HOWEVER keep in mind that I could be an important character and I at least know what all the characters do so I could be helping you.
5. *insert something super confusing to mess with you all again*

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
First off, sorry for not being able to make an appearance on Day 1! This is meta but anyone who's on discord would know that I wasn't able to load PC for like a week rip

A few things:

- Surprised that jd is confused at GP not explaining his vote, when it seems to be clear that GP is silenced. Unless he's masquerading as being silenced, but we haven't seen anyone else drop a vote without a comment.

- Also raising an eyebrow at jd and Trev for still pushing for darthspikes. Yes they made a weird post but it's clear they're a new player so to push for them seems like trying to get an easy lynch. But then again there's not really much posts to go off yet.

- Raising a bigger eyebrow at Saws for random voting without making an effort to do anything

- Particularly interested in GP's vote. If he was dropping a random vote to let us know that he was silenced, I would think that he would self vote rather than vote someone else who he hasn't really spoken about before, so I am inclined to think that he must have some information that caused him to vote for Trev (especially since he said Trev was one of his biggest townleans). So I do think his early vote wasn't just to let us know that he was silenced, but also because he had some reason to vote Trev.

THAT SAID I'm not willing to jump on that suspicion right away (and maybe he was just random voting to show he had been silenced - which might be why the vote came so early in the day) so I'd want to wait a day til he can talk again to explain the vote.

SO all in all I have many raised eyebrows but I'm gonna vote Saws because his random vote doesn't help and at least everyone else's votes and discussion so far come from at least some sort of thought process.

[vote] Sawsbuck
Oh, I forgot about the silencer...I agree with that assessment of GP being silenced then. I mean I agree that the darth vote is thin but with the level of inactivity we have had it still was the only thing so far that had stood out for me. As for Saws, I didn't really like his random vote either, especially for someone who is inactive.

I'll switch over to Sawsbuck for now although it remains to be seen if we actually get to lynch them or not due to the majority vote rule.

[Unvote] darthspikes
[Vote] Sawsbuck

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Sup.

LOL dang, so sorry guys I was at work nonstop for the whole of day 1. (I'm a janitor irl and I literally only work Fridays and Saturdays)

ANYWAY I suppose I got some explaining to do

1: Yeah, this is my first time playing in years (And no I wasn't good last time either LOL)
2: No I don't know anyone in this game irl
3: Uh. Shoot. Good point. My new vote is [VOTE] Pecilia lol
4. Straight up if y'all wanna lynch me I wouldn't just mind watching the rest of this game to learn how to play better lol. HOWEVER keep in mind that I could be an important character and I at least know what all the characters do so I could be helping you.
5. *insert something super confusing to mess with you all again*
Thanks for chiming in. Why are you voting for Pecilia?

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
Years
At the very least, you could have voted for Pecilia.

After rereading Charlies argument I'm switching my [Vote] to Sawsbuck and [unvoting] pelica since they haven't really said anything today. Sawsbuck has been a little on the defensive I think anyway even before he started getting votes.

Last edited:

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023
aight sorry i've been inactive, looking at the chat i think i'm also gonna [vote] Sawsbuck

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
[Unvote]: darthspikes
[Vote]: Sawsbuck

I'm satisfied with darth's explanation and agree that Saws' vote was suspicious, not to mention his defense as well.

I stated in my post that I wasn't supporting darth, I was putting out alternative circumstances out there which I was meant to. I feel as if you're reaching (again), and literally attempt to put shade on me every game (probably to get an easy lynch) which is getting annoying now.

You didn't state anywhere in your post that you weren't supporting darth. I'm not reaching, what I'm doing is reading everyone's posts, analyzing them, and casting out my suspicions to keep discussion going.

As far as me "put[ting] shade" on you (it's throwing shade, btw), I'm not specifically targeting you, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't accuse me of doing that. I literally don't even know you. I'm just playing the game. If it annoys you to be put on the spot, maybe you should consider if you actually like playing mafia.

- Also raising an eyebrow at jd and Trev for still pushing for darthspikes. Yes they made a weird post but it's clear they're a new player so to push for them seems like trying to get an easy lynch. But then again there's not really much posts to go off yet.

I'm not speaking for jd, but I voted for darth and pushed a lynch on him because he was my biggest suspect. I was just recently criticized and lynched for not doing exactly that in a previous game. As I said, I was willing to lift my vote if darth provided an explanation, and I did so because they did explained their post.

Should we reveal roles then?

Is that really all you're gonna say to defend yourself? Why would we reveal roles just to help you create a defense?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
am i still alive

oops fuck sorry

i haven't used my computer in like

a week or two

i have read literally nothing so far so i don't feel comfortable voting and this makes me a terribly bad role model to all of you youngins

but i also have to vote so i guess i gotta be an even worse role model

i'll try to read up a bit after voting to see about making a better one

I'm going to ##Vote Neon Sword for now because I don't want to blindly add to what looks like a Saws wagon

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2019
I'm new to mafia so I am not familiar with all the mafia terms and I am still learning the ropes, but I am truly sorry Trev that I didn't use the phrase throwing shade unlike an experienced player such as yourself. I provided a counterargument as to why I didn't believe that Darth was scum, because it didn't make sense to me that he would make such an obvious scum slip, and it was the only thing I could say without sounding repeating what other people have said.
I'm not annoyed at being put on the spot (nor will I stop playing mafia games at your request as I enjoy them) as I have been put on the put on the spot many times, and I usually don't mind as there is good reason as to why I have been put on the spot (look at the amount of times gimmiepie has put me under pressure).
Perhaps I responded in that way due to the last mafia game you made me one of your top mafia suspects after I voted you, and I feel as if you reasoning could be stronger against me, but it's fine.

Anyway, I will cast my vote for Sawsbuck as I agree with what's been said in the thread. [Lynch]: Sawsbuck

I think GP might be onto something, and I think we should look at Trev if GP is to die tonight without explaining his vote, but I hold off voting since it would be pointless and they will be a strong suspect after GP's probable silencing.

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I'm new to mafia so I am not familiar with all the mafia terms and I am still learning the ropes, but I am truly sorry Trev that I didn't use the phrase throwing shade unlike an experienced player such as yourself.

Your sarcasm is noted.

I provided a counterargument as to why I didn't believe that Darth was scum, because it didn't make sense to me that he would make such an obvious scum slip, and it was the only thing I could say without sounding repeating what other people have said.

And that's absolutely fine, but you were defending darth by doing that. So to say not only that you weren't defending them but also that you said in that post that you weren't defending darth is completely wrong.

I'm not annoyed at being put on the spot (nor will I stop playing mafia games at your request as I enjoy them) as I have been put on the put on the spot many times, and I usually don't mind as there is good reason as to why I have been put on the spot (look at the amount of times gimmiepie has put me under pressure).

I didn't request that you stop. I don't really care what you choose to do. But don't accuse me of targeting you for personal reasons. I don't play that game and I don't appreciate accusations that I do.

Perhaps I responded in that way due to the last mafia game you made me one of your top mafia suspects after I voted you, and I feel as if you reasoning could be stronger against me, but it's fine.

But we aren't playing in that game right now, so that's not justification for your defensiveness or for you accusing me of targeting you. Those are your own personal issues with me that have no place in this game. In fact, I wasn't even targeting you that hard when I made my first post today. I only suspected you slightly because you had defended darth, who was at the top of my suspicion list. So your reaction is completely unwarranted, and now I have a lot of suspicion on you for coming at me over a slight suspicion.

I think GP might be onto something, and I think we should look at Trev if GP is to die tonight without explaining his vote, but I hold off voting since it would be pointless and they will be a strong suspect after GP's probable silencing.

I think you're only saying this because you're annoyed with me, which is within the Oh My God You Suck realm, but okay.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
TIME IS UP
With seven out of the ten people in the game voting for him, Sawsbuck has been exterminated. They were Yasmin Khan, the cop.

As The Corsair is still in the game, you still have 48 hours to get your night actions in.

NIGHT TWO HAS BEGUN

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
And here is the quote tree for notifications.

QUOTE TREE FOR NOTIFICATIONS
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2019
edit: Ninja'd by the OP.
I didn't request that you stop. I don't really care what you choose to do. But don't accuse me of targeting you for personal reasons. I don't play that game and I don't appreciate accusations that I do.
The section you quoted had no mention of me targeting you for personal reasons, I stated that I don't mind being put on the spot as long as it is has understandable reasoning e.g a particularly scummy post or inactivity, and I feel my post on Darth wasn't scummy.

But we aren't playing in that game right now, so that's not justification for your defensiveness or for you accusing me of targeting you. Those are your own personal issues with me that have no place in this game. In fact, I wasn't even targeting you that hard when I made my first post today. I only suspected you slightly because you had defended darth, who was at the top of my suspicion list. So your reaction is completely unwarranted, and now I have a lot of suspicion on you for coming at me over a slight suspicion.
I'll admit I was wrong in accusing you of targeting me, but I do feel that many people attempt to target me as I am an easy target.
I brought up last game since one of the players (I think it was Bidoof) accused you of casting shade on me because I'm an easy target to lynch, so I thought you could be picking on new players such as me or spikes to get an easy lynch, which would make sense if you were to be a mafia.
I have nothing against you personally, I just used bidoof's reasoning and thought you were doing it this game, but I worded it wrongly which it made it sound as if I had something against you and I'm sorry for that.
I hope I cleared up what I meant since I can be confusing at times.

I think you're only saying this because you're annoyed with me, which is within the Oh My God You Suck realm, but okay.
Nah, I still feel there is something to be gained from the whole GP situation, he must have something on you to vote in such an uncharacteristic way.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
NIGHT TWO IS OVER

Overnight, Pecilia was exterminated. They were Martha Jones.

You, once again, have 48 hours to do your voting.

DAY THREE HAS BEGUN

QUOTE TREE FOR NOTIFICATIONS
Spoiler:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
K I'm responding now.

edit: Ninja'd by the OP.The section you quoted had no mention of me targeting you for personal reasons, I stated that I don't mind being put on the spot as long as it is has understandable reasoning e.g a particularly scummy post or inactivity, and I feel my post on Darth wasn't scummy.

I was responding to what you said and stating what you are doing. You may feel your post wasn't scummy, but I didn't. I do find it weird that you'd jump to the defense of someone I (now previously) suspected, especially when everyone else was content with letting darth defend themselves.

I'll admit I was wrong in accusing you of targeting me, but I do feel that many people attempt to target me as I am an easy target.

If you feel that way, fine. But there's a world of difference between feeling something and actually expressing to someone in-game that you feel this way. If you felt this was an issue, why not just tell a mod outside of a game so it can be handled properly?

I brought up last game since one of the players (I think it was Bidoof) accused you of casting shade on me because I'm an easy target to lynch, so I thought you could be picking on new players such as me or spikes to get an easy lynch, which would make sense if you were to be a mafia. I have nothing against you personally, I just used bidoof's reasoning and thought you were doing it this game, but I worded it wrongly which it made it sound as if I had something against you and I'm sorry for that.

That's literally not even true. I was under fire because I wasn't switching my vote to the person who was most suspicious, not because I was pushing a lynch on you. The only time a lynch for you was being pushed was when everyone was asking you to defend yourself and voted to lynch you because you didn't defend yourself and your behavior on the previous day was scummy. I was already dead by that point in the game. So your reason for dredging up all this stuff in an old game that didn't even happen is highly susp, and unless gimme's explanation for his vote is more susp, you're now highest on my list for your equally-scummy behavior now. And frankly, idc if this is OMGUS.

[Vote]: Neon Sword

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
So our cop asked if he should claim instead of just claiming.... aiyo. Though to be fair there are three anti-cop roles so the cop wasn't exactly a useful role in this set-up tbh.

Going to wait til GP explains his vote on Trev. This Trev v Neon Sword exchange reads to me as Trev pre-emptively stirring things to have Neon Sword as an alternative lynch choice for him in case GP has some incriminating evidence, though since GP isn't cop I don't know if there's any evidence GP could have against Trev in the first place lol but I'll wait for GP to speak.

Years
I'm too tired to go full mafia right now, but here's the gist.

I was silenced yesterday, I voted and did nothing else which should have been enough of an indicator of that.
I voted Trev not because he is a 100% scumread but to indicate that I'm less confident in my townread there than I was before that phase. I'm still leaning more towards town but we'll see how this phase plays out.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else automatically assume I was silenced the first time they read my post - before they read Trev's?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
^ Yes I did assume you're silenced before reading anyone else's posts, because why else would you just drop a vote without explanation :P

Ok I'm struggling to keep track of this game with no updated player list and not sure if I'm the only one lol so here ya go:

Pecilia - Martha Jones (Doctor)
Kitty - Strax (Bodyguard)
Sawsbuck - Yasmin Khan (Cop)
BidoofFTW - Vanilla townie​

gimmepie - Town / 3P
Nakuzami -
Trev -
jdthebud -
darthspikes -
Charlie Brown -
malanaphii -
Neon Sword -

Which leaves us with 8 players: 3 mafia, The Doctor, 2 vanilla townies, 2 3P. Wow I didn't realise it was this bad, crazy what not seeing a player list every phase does to lull you into a false sense of security lol.

Which..... means MYLO no? Corsair + town all vote together = 4/8 votes... how are ties decided, by coin toss? @EC
Then if we win the coin toss, The Doctor needs to skip this night phase and we need to lynch correctly again

So I think it's time to claim, I'm a vanilla townie. Doctor and Corsair, need you two to claim as well. Corsair please tell us who you've played rock paper scissors with, and we need them to verify. Don't disclose whether or not they won the game.

Back