• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doesn't anyone care for Greninja?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    What's happening with you guys? I'm just asking you a question in anyway: doesn't anyone care for Greninja, the Water/Dark-type Pokémon based on a ninja frog? Why? Please let me know when you've replied, thanks.

faf

Queen of Dragons
    Years
    It's actually one of my favourite Pokemon, not top 10 but somewhere in top 25. I like how fun the execution is because it's a ninja frog that uses its own tongue as a scarf as well as the other ninja elements blending in with its frog design. Quite fun to use too due to Protean.

I do know there are some people who don't like it because of its popularity (it did get #1 most popular Pokemon in Japan one year) or other reasons such as design.

pkmin3033

I HATE Greninja. That tongue...I just do not like that tongue. It's creepy and disgusting and oh god why would you do this wasn't Lickitung/Lickilicky bad enough.

It's popularity in Japan annoys me - as does Ash's somehow losing to Alain's Charizard in the Kalos League final despite previously making mincemeat out of Diantha's Gardevoir, which is DEFINITELY stronger than Charizard, and not weak to water to boot - but if I'm honest it's the ugly, creepy design that makes me dislike it. It's not Lucario, but...

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    This is quite possibly the 91145th list you have made regarding Greninja.

But anyways, Greninja is great! Favourite gen6 starter and 3rd favourite overall! It's just extremely strong and useful in battle.

Kazetori

Vaporeon Trainer
    Years
    I didn't care for it too much until I watched the anime. It got to the point of "ooh okay that's cool I guess" I don't dislike it :)

Years
    Greninja is fine and my "go to" Kalos starter. But Ash-Greninja is abomination that shouldn't exist as it is now.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I care a great deal for Greninja. It's my favourite starter evolution of that gen.
    Itsaninjafroghddksh

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    What make you think people don't? I'm pretty sure he's still one of the more popular Pokémon.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    But Ash-Greninja is abomination that shouldn't exist as it is now.
    Hi Janp! Oh I do agree with you in this!

Anyway, I don't think people have stopped caring for Greninja. In the Galar games, Greninja is unavailable, and that's pretty much it. Greninja is still popular, at least from what I've been seeing all this week.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    What's happening with you guys? I'm just asking you a question in anyway: doesn't anyone care for Greninja, the Water/Dark-type Pokémon based on a ninja frog? Why? Please let me know when you've replied, thanks.

I care about it, there are people who doesn't care about it?! Since when?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    I'm not sure since when. But actually, nevermind, all you guys shall both care for and about Greninja again. So, here you go. ;)

Years
    I still think that Greninja has to be one of the most popular pokemon ever created. In fact, I'd say it's far more popular than any pokemon to come out of generation 7 or 8. I don't know who proposed the absurd idea that Greninja is somehow unpopular. I can assure you it isn't.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2020

I am so sad about greninja leaving, Ash was kinda rushed. Whenever he leaves a pokemon he cares about, but then in the next series, he just forgets he ever cared about them, I hope they make a series where he comes back. I already have a story plot.

Back