• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Press B! ...or?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Are there any Pokémon that are not fully evolved that you prefer over their final stages? Maybe it's because you like Pokémon in their cutest forms, or perhaps you dislike a final stage's design.

As an old school fan, I like Pikachu over Raichu. It's the perfect mix of cute and tough, plus I personally just think it has a better design than Raichu. I like Dragonair a bit better than Dragonite as well just for its design.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I got a few. The first ones being Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Mareep, Teddiursa, Poocheyna, Shinx, Cubchoo, Pancham, and Pumpkaboo. With the exception of Clefable and Wigglytuff, I really do like the final evolutions of these Pokemon, but I just can't resist how cute they are in their first stages (Or the 2nd stage in terms of Clefairy and Jigglypuff). There's also Machoke, Rhyon, Seedra, Braixen, and Fletchinder, these I just prefer the design more than the final evolutions. Lastly there is Vigoroth, not only do I like its design more than Slaking, but because it doesn't have the Truant ability and that's possibly the biggest reason why I prefer Vigoroth over Slaking.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
    Magikarp..... yeah...

There is just something about that derpy face that makes me not wanting to evolve it into a badass dragon-fish-thing-thats-actually-not a-dragon

Years
    Pikachu. While I don't horribly hate Raichu myself in any way, it is still my least fave member of the Pikachu line so I do find time to catch a second Pikachu that I leave as a Pikachu.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'll add a couple more of my lower stage favorites.

4th Gen Evolutions weren't all kind to me or maybe I'm just a Genwunner. I prefer Magneton to Magnezone, Magmar to Magmortar, Electabuzz to Electivire, and Rhydon to Rhyperior. Mostly because of designs, but all of those Pokémon are good enough to stand on their own anyway.

Last edited:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Grovyle. I absolutely love Sceptile but Grovyle's design is sooo much better.

And I also like Pikachu over Raichu cuz again, it has better design and it's cutter :3 Both of them rock tho.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    Cyndaquil. I know it's final form is powerful and i do like it but the cuteness has fade. I also like Pikachu over Raichu. Raichu is looks kinda aggresive. xD

Wicked3DS

Years
    I've found that I actually like Bulbasaur better than its evolutions just because it looks better and I don't think its evolutions added a whole lot to it in terms of design anyway.

IAmVincentLiu

Poké Fan
    Years
    To have a team of Eeveelutions, you'll need an Eevee, and to keep the Eevee forever an Eevee without it evolving to Esp/Umb, then the B button has to be spammed.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I have a personal fondness for Quilava more than Typhlosion. Idk, I find them cuter. Same goes the Piplup. Even if I like Empoleon, I find Prinplup cuter, and Piplup even cuter than them. I also prefer Braixen's design as well as Espurr's compared to their evolutions.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    In Platinum I used a Togetic because I prefer its design over Togekiss, and in HG I used an Aipom rather than an Ambipom, because I find Aipom a lot cuter than Ambipom.

For a lot of the Pokemon that gained evolutions in the 4th Gen, I prefer their not-fully-evolved forms - I prefer Lickitung, Tangela, Yanma, Magmar, Electabuzz and Piloswine over their new evolutions, mainly based on designs. I feel like their evolutions were a bit over-designed tbh.

Apart from that, I prefer Haunter over Gengar (I still love Gengar! I just think Haunter looks a bit cooler/scarier) as well as Rufflet and Vullaby over Braviary and Mandibuzz.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I pressed B, sorry Magikarp.

Psyduck over Golduck.
    Golduck looks cool, but design-wise Psyduck is just pure awesome and much more better than Golduck imo.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I was never a fan of Slaking, preferring Vigoroth's design and battle style more. So my Vigoroth on my OR game will never evolve. And she's all the better for it.

Also, I'm another one that prefers Pikachu over Raichu. And I like Meowth over Persian (not enough to never evolve a Meowth, though) because I find Meowth cuter. Persian is elegant, but Meowth...the little brown feet... So cute.

Asariond

The People's Musketeer!
    Years
    Dragonair looks phemomenal, whereas Dragonite looks... Eh. Goofy.
    Braixen easily has Delphox trumped, and I think Fletchinder just looks better than Talonflame.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2015
    Quilava, he's my favorite Pokemon. I like the whole line a lot, but Quilava is the best of the 3. He just loses something when he evolves.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I definitely prefer Dragonair over Dragonite! And also Bulbasaur and Chikorita to their evolutions. I also agree some about the 4th gen extra evos. Lickilicky for example, ugh. However, Rhyperior is so cool, I want one!

Back