• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*drops phone* Screen cracks (or other damages)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I'm sure everyone here has experienced their phone breaking in some way before being it just dropping out of your hand/pocket, wherever you carry it, or other small cosmetic damage like scratches to the phone screen.

Anyway, if anyone has any interesting phone breaking stories, go ahead.

But if not:

how many phones have you broken?
    How do you try to protect your phone so you don't crack the screen?
    You can talk about handheld game systems, or broken televisions in your lifetime too, if you'd like, if you have no phone stories to tell, go wild. Doesn't have to be about just screen cracks either, water damage, whatever, really.

I've managed to only break one phone, to be honest. But it wasn't a smart phone, it was one of those older track phones that can't connect to the internet, but had a few features here and there. It fell out of my coat pocket and landed in the busy street near the library. I was stupid to go run back and get it, and the screen was obviously damaged since a car kinda I guess ran over it, so the screen wasn't even visible at that point anymore. Tracfone sent a replacement, though.

Other than that, for the most part, I'm very careful with my phones. Most of my other phones are that feature one were smartphones with I guess sturdy screens, so I haven't cracked a phone screen since. Did get a lot of scratches on it though, since my house keys sit in my bag where my phone usually is.

Although, my first smart phone's touch screen degraded to a point where it would ghost constantly and would I guess overtouch when I tapped things, so using it became nearly impossible over time. But, my next phone after that was worse and had a less responsive touch screen, lmfao. Only dropped that phone a few times. While the screen never got scratched, or anything, it degraded I guess? Over time because there's this rainbow spot on it that's not a scratch that expands when you touch it or touch the touch screen, I have since replaced that phone with a Motorola G7 play that has no problems with anything apart from occasional out of nowhere draining while the screen if off.

Non phone damage stories... when I was a kid, I accidentally put a cup of chocolate milk on top of the box tv while doing something else. The cup spilled onto the tv, damaging the picture forever. Over the years, that tv starting losing more and more of the screen with deeper black bars. No it wasn't because the resolution of tv shows changed by the way the screen literally had increasingly been getting blacker because of the chocolate milk that got inside the tv. I remember I was watching Lazytown or something when this happened, and the tv turned itself off when the chocolate milk spilled inside the tv. Surprised the tv even still worked after that, even if the picture of it was lost on the top of the screen and worsening as time went on.

I have no other big damage stories, apart from my nintendo ds eventually breaking to the point the entire top screen was rainbowed away making it impossible to play mainline Pokemon games on it, and my second ds having a big black line on the screen that pretty much extends to most of the bottom now. Probably dead pixels, or something, I wouldn't know. I believe my first ds got that way because a few droplets of grape juice was spilled on it, but it could have been any reason, really, Nintendo Dses (lites) aren't very sturdy.

That's it, though, from me anyway.

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    To this day, I still held my phone have a cracked screen.

the first phone even got screen protector I dropped it have a severe cracking that could bypass the protection, so I asked my aunt and send it to repairs and you knew I wasn't careful another final crack and this seems look bad as they can't find really reliable screen than a cheap knock off.

My phone that I currently have was cracked to a brim where you could see blackish fluid on the screen, the next step I sent it to repair again and my careless after the fix caused cracking which I don't bother sending it for repairs anymore

Years
  • i think only one of my phones have had a cracked screen. i used to be a lot clumsier and not have cases nor screen protectors on my phones and i paid the price for it. u_u

nowadays, i make sure to always have a case on my phone. because of this, at worst, my current phone has little scratches due to the million times i've dropped it (i'm still somewhat clumsy, ok), but no cracked screen!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I had one phone that broke and it was an older chocolate bar style phone that would slide open. I used it so much that it broke in two pieces and Mom and I went to the store to get a replacement and they literally told us straight to our face that the only way it could have broke is if I threw it against the wall. Oooooo my Mom was pissed off because she knew damn well that's not what happened.

Other than that I'm very careful with my phones and can be real OCD with cracks and scratches as they bug the hell out of me.

Years
  • I've only ever had 4 full-on smartphones in my entire life so far. Dropped them numerous times but rarely ever got any significant looking screen damage. Pretty sure it's because I put tempered glass protectors on them all within days of getting them. Well worth it.

I remember my gf tho dropping her phone out of a moving vehicle once and it got ran over by the car following them lmao. Squishy smashy it went.

Years
    • Seen today
    I've been fortunate enough that every phone I've owned I haven't broken a screen yet. I always get fairly protective cases and screen protectors whenever I can. Only exception to that is my OnePlus phone because I can't get anything other than plastic for it and the one I've tried so far is just awful and kept peeling on the curves.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My last phone's screen finally got a crack in it after nearly five years of use and my dropping it nearly every day. Didn't even have a screen cover so it probably wouldn't have cracked if I did have one on it at the time. What it did have was a really good phone case which probably was the reason why it lasted so long despite not having a screen cover for about a year.

And even then the crack wasn't even that bad I just took it as a good reason to finally get a new phone and start using that one as a backup haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Once, I dropped my iPhone 4 two stories down bouncing against a stone stairwell.

Not a single crack.

A few years later, I accidentally shoved my iPhone 5s off a table when reaching for something. It went down onto the wooden floor, barely a meter down.

Completely and utterly cracked and ruined screen.

What.

Years
    • Seen today
    I almost never break my phones...although shortly after receiving one for Christmas, it got wedged between the car door. The door was violently slammed, sending my phone into a shattered mess.

Back