• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Easy MODE*

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • If you guys have ever played a video game with an option to choose difficulty, have any of you ever played video games on easy mode? If so, how was your experience with the game, compared to harder difficulties? What do you think about the "easy mode" on games in general? In fact, thinking about it... do you think that the Easy mode - or any difficulty setting for that matter, is necessary or unnecessary for different types of games, like fighting games, racing games, or other wise? Any other thoughts?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I'll always play on easy mode during my first play though a game. I find easy mode necessary because people like me are terrible with harder difficulties. I'll usually bump up the difficulty after I get the hang of it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Every time I play a new game, I always choose the easy mode. Once I eventually get used to the game, I switch to something different. n~n

In order to satisfy as much players as possible, I think game modes are really necessary. Some people may not like it when they lose all the time, so for them, easy mode would be the way to go. Those who think that the game is too easy and would like something more challenging, then they will always have the choice to switch to medium or hard difficulty.

Years
  • I always go with Normal mode despite being a filthy casual, unless the game's "normal" mode is really difficult. A little challenge is nice.

LAWSICK

see you next mission.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    i play on normal at first.

starting off on a new game on a higher difficultly than normal can be pretty discouraging and will put me off from continuing the game. i've definitely had my frustrations while playing a game because it was too hard. the same could be said about playing on easy mode: i won't keep playing a game if i find that it doesn't have a challenge to it because for me, it'll just get tedious and boring.

and okay, i'll admit: i'm somewhat of an achievement hunter so if a game will reward me for completing it on a hard difficulty, i will definitely go for it.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • EASY MODO?? lololol

I used to play easy mode first when I was little but now I try normal mode first just because I like challenging myself in games.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • Simple. If the game asks to choose a difficulty, I'll pick Easy. If not, I just play with the "default" difficulty, which is usually Normal/Medium.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Sometimes "Easy" doesn't do a game justice. Street Fighter 4's easy was not at all "easy". Halo: Combat Evolved on Easy is Normal to Heroic on any other Halo game in the series.

However. I would be lying if I said that I don't ever play on Easy. But after an initial playthrough (On Normal or above), when I replay a game I've beaten on Normal-Hard, then I will play it on Easy just because I want to enjoy it.

(IE. Call of Dutys)

For my own self-esteem I would like to state I'm playing Bioshock: Infinite on Hard. Right out of the gate, as soon as I popped it in the XB

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I don't see any difficulty ever tbqh
    I just set the controls and keep hitting on the action button (whatever it may be) until I start the game for real

LAWSICK

see you next mission.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Sometimes "Easy" doesn't do a game justice. Street Fighter 4's easy was not at all "easy".

yeah, same here. i completed my first run of BioShock Infinite on normal and as soon i unlocked 1999 mode, i just went to Hard mode so i could prep myself up for whatever the former had. the difficulty was kind of disappointing; wasn't hard at all, but maybe that was because i knew what to expect since it was my second playthrough. but let me tell ya that...

Spoiler:

(slightly off topic) speaking of Infinite, you could unlock 1999 mode just by entering the Konami code. :>

Years
  • I never play easy mode except when I play on hard, normal, legendary etc. and I cannot complete a level/mission. But when it does come down to that, the easy mode is incredibly easy, the level/mission is finished on the first go without trying hard at all.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Easy mode...? What is that?
    For me... it differs... I sometimes start with Normal and then go for Hard. =)
    I never go for easy difficulty unless it's the second difficulty choice when game needs a second playthrough =)
    And obviously, if there's a trophy for specific difficulty, I go for that :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Easy modo?

Eh, I usually just make two save files. One for the hardest mode, and another for easy. For, you see, on occasion I enjoy dabbling in the fine relaxation of a nice easy mode, but most of the time I prefer hair-tearing-out-omfgfu-hardcore-

Spoiler:

Mode.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I only use easy mode on a game if it's my very first playthrough. As in, if I have zero experience with a game, I'd try it on easy first, then replay on normal, then hard, and so on.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • It depends on the game for me, as I don't get much time to play games anymore I normally just go through easy mode so I can complete them faster and move onto the next one but if I really enjoy or know I'm good at them sort of games I will play on a harder difficulty.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • I tend to always play on easy. The reason being, I'm pretty bad at console games, and I'd rather worry more about the story than the gameplay.

That said, most games I play regularly do not have a difficulty choice

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i always tend to play on normal mode. i always think easy will be a joke or hard will be ridiculous. i hate when games have hard mode as "crushing" that makes me scared lol.

Years
  • I like when game gives me choice in difficulty. For me easy mode is great in some RPGs, mostly because I play them for their story and characters and not for battles. But in most games I still go for normal/hard. It makes me feel like I play the game in a way it was meant to be played and therefore I won't miss anything developers wanted me to experience (even repeating level cause I stupidly died).

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I tend not to play on Easy mode, instead opting for the default Normal mode. Occasionally, I'll do easy mode for certain things.

Examples
    -I repeatedly did Devil May Cry 3's first 3-4 missions on Easy to rack up Red Orbs quicker, then went back on Normal mode to spend them and continue through the game.

-After beating Resident Evil Revelations on Normal, I'm playing on Casual mode a few times to learn the game's layout before I take on Hell mode.

-Also, the final boss on The World Ends With You was a pain to fight with my level and pin setup, and I kept dying. So I chose to restart the battle on Easy after dying about 30+ times (I'm serious). To restore my pride, I eventually went back and defeated him on Normal after getting better clothes/pins.

Years
  • If there's ever a choice of difficulty, I'll always go with the normal mode, unless I'm already familiar with the game, then I'll choose a higher one. In the past 10 years though, I've only purposely chosen the easy mode for a game once, and that was with Battlefield 3's campaign. I'm absolutely awful at FPS games, so it was a struggle to get through it on easy, even (I can't imagine how long it would've taken me on anything higher).

Back