• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EEK A BUG

Drogan

Master of the Cannons
    Years
    I don't have a problem with spiders and I usually ignore them... unless they lower in front of my face as I am on my computer. It is at that moment, they knew, they screwed up.
    I do avoid bees. Only because I'm told that I am allergic to bee stings, though I think that's not true. I just avoid it anyways, to be safe.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I actually like most insects! If there's a bug in need, I'm normally the first one to step in and help it. Sometimes I spend a little too much time delicately fishing moths or daddy-long-legs spiders out of the shower stall before hopping in. xD

I especially love ladybugs, dragonflies and butterflies, in that order. Christmas spiders as well. They're all so pretty. <3

But... critters like large spiders, cockroaches, big beetles, GRUBS, scorpions, hornets and centipedes freak the heck out of me! I can't stand being near them but I wouldn't normally kill them. Especially arachnids, which is understandable, considering we get these things in our house:
    Spoiler:

Flies are another matter. In the warmer seasons, they'll often drive me so mental that I have to kill them! Same goes for mosquitoes.

Ladybugs however, I hate them from the bottom of my heart as they're evil incarnate. If I spot one, especially in my room I first make sure I'm far away from it, observe what it's doing and when I'm pretty sure it's not opening its wings and gonna fly straight at me I either grab the vacuum cleaner and suck it up or get a thick layer of toiler paper, catch it and flush it.

If it does start to fly I usually run away and wait for a bit, then look where it might be. I'm not gonna go to sleep or anything until that disgusting thing is dead.

Aww, next time you see one, send it to me. :(

Years
    I live in a place that's infested this time of year, so I can deal with them xD They don't come in my room at all thankfully.

Years
    But... critters like large spiders, cockroaches, big beetles, GRUBS, scorpions, hornets and centipedes freak the heck out of me! I can't stand being near them but I wouldn't normally kill them. Especially arachnids, which is understandable, considering we get these things in our house:
    Spoiler:

Oh my god, where do you live? I thought I had a problem with spiders...
    Although, I'm uncertain as to whether the large brown spiders in my house are brown recluses or something harmless.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've been trying to be kinder to bugs because I know they are just another form of life and there's no reason why I should be so freaked out. The other day I saw a large spider in my bathroom and I decided to leave it because it's generally a good omen to see a spider in your house. Now I'm a little nervous every time I enter that bathroom, but I'm glad I didn't kill it.

I also got an ant farm awhile ago.. I want to say it's been three months??? Some are still alive and it's been a really interesting project for myself. I'm planning on either getting worms or shrimp next!

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
    Small spiders and bugs, I'm pretty okay with. As long as they're not crawling on or flying in my stuff, I can ignore them.

Wasps, bees, mosquitos, and cockroaches? Nope. If I can even remotely hear it or see it, I'm running out of the room, to the nearest bedroom with a lock if I'm in my house. Especially cockroaches. ESPECIALLY COCKROACHES. Disgusting. *shudder* Now if I have my rubber shoes on if there is a cockroach, the thing dies. Zero mercy.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I don't mind lady bugs, caterpillars or butterflies. Everything else must die though. Except bees, wasps or any relatives of bees. Those can stay outside and away from me, I'm not touching them. Same with spiders.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I might as well be the size of a bug when I see one inside, because some scare the everliving out of me. But I usually suck it up and find something to kill and dispose of them with.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Agh, I can't even bring myself to kill bugs. Just thinking about squishing it is enough to make me go NOPE and get someone else to kill it. I don't mind moths, ants, butterflies, ladybugs, dragonflies and caterpillars but if I see a spider or cockroach then I will flip. Wasps are the most frightening for me but bugs are alright, provided they keep to themselves!

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I'm pretty indifferent towards bugs and insects. Spiders don't bother me, nor do moths, bees/wasps, and i've never seen a cockroach in the flesh.

Back