• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EMOTION Round 3

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    overwhelmed

Spoiler:

I understand completely, it took me a while to find my place after joining as well, but I eventually got there, and so will you!
    My advice would be to just take things slowly, don't force yourself to take on the whole of the site at once, just look for a 'home section' that has a theme or topic you're really into (writing, roleplay, Pokemon related games, non-Pokemon related games, anything really) and just lurk there for a week or so. It'll give you a chance to learn more about its regulars and help you decide if that's the right 'main section' for you. Then, make a post or two here and there in the section, (maybe even a 'Hi, can I join in?' post to give others a chance to welcome you in) then after you get settled in a place you feel comfortable, start branching out to other sections. (and if you happen to make a friend or two in your main section, try asking them what other sections they like to visit, things are much easier to get into when you have someone else there that you know to interact with) There's no need to rush it, you haven't even had an account for a day as of me posting this, so take it slowly! You'll enjoy everything the PC has to offer a lot more if you do. 👍

Sad. I was raging earlier. Now i'm exhausted and just sad.

Sorry you're not doing so well right now... I hope things start to get better for you, and you start to feel some joy again Veno.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Sad

Thing is: I have a lot of people I don't like being around (family, and especially coworkers who life the "back then we called it flue, now we call it covid" life) but actually nobody whom I actually share a similar mind with and who is fun to be around.

Years
    overwhelmed

Spoiler:

It alright, Zaronji. Take all the time you need, and don't feel obligated to join discussions and topics right away. Do as you please and if you feel like it. About being very shy around people we don't know, I can relate. Go at your own rythm and don't feel like you have to say things about yourself (favourite games, pokémon you like, ..., anything) if you don't want to. I am sorry if we made you feel that way in M&G section, this was not our intent.

Sad. I was raging earlier. Now i'm exhausted and just sad.

I am sorry to hear this, Venonat. I wish you to have a good rest and to feel better soon.

Sad

Thing is: I have a lot of people I don't like being around (family, and especially coworkers who life the "back then we called it flue, now we call it covid" life) but actually nobody whom I actually share a similar mind with and who is fun to be around.

I am sorry to hear this. Best wishes for you to find new friends you will enjoy spending time with around.

Days
    I understand completely, it took me a while to find my place after joining as well, but I eventually got there, and so will you!
    My advice would be to just take things slowly, don't force yourself to take on the whole of the site at once, just look for a 'home section' that has a theme or topic you're really into (writing, roleplay, Pokemon related games, non-Pokemon related games, anything really) and just lurk there for a week or so. It'll give you a chance to learn more about its regulars and help you decide if that's the right 'main section' for you. Then, make a post or two here and there in the section, (maybe even a 'Hi, can I join in?' post to give others a chance to welcome you in) then after you get settled in a place you feel comfortable, start branching out to other sections. (and if you happen to make a friend or two in your main section, try asking them what other sections they like to visit, things are much easier to get into when you have someone else there that you know to interact with) There's no need to rush it, you haven't even had an account for a day as of me posting this, so take it slowly! You'll enjoy everything the PC has to offer a lot more if you do. 👍

Sorry you're not doing so well right now... I hope things start to get better for you, and you start to feel some joy again Veno.

Thank you, this sounds like good advice.

It alright, Zaronji. Take all the time you need, and don't feel obligated to join discussions and topics right away. Do as you please and if you feel like it. About being very shy around people we don't know, I can relate. Go at your own rythm and don't feel like you have to say things about yourself (favourite games, pokémon you like, ..., anything) if you don't want to. I am sorry if we made you feel that way in M&G section, this was not our intent.

I am sorry to hear this, Venonat. I wish you to have a good rest and to feel better soon.

I am sorry to hear this. Best wishes for you to find new friends you will enjoy spending time with around.

Thank you too! You (or anyone else) have not made me feel uncomfortable at all--it's just how I am in general. In fact, I really appreciated how you greeted me in the M&G section; it made me feel very welcome.

Days
    Sad

One great thing about the time we live in is that we don't have to solely associate with the people physically around us. My closest friend (who I've known since middle school) moved to the other end of the country after college, but I still talk to him almost daily. My second-closest friend is actually someone I met online. It sucks not being able to have a meal with her or do things in "real life", but I still hang out with her in games, and she's just as much of a friend as anyone near me could be. As Fact Checking Gardevoir said, I wish you well in finding people--whether they be local or online--with whom you can enjoy similar interests.

Back