• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FACT: Dragon Ball Z is the best anime ever made

Sir Codin

FACT: Dragon Ball Z is the best anime ever made

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Here's the problem though. Dragon Ball really is one of the animes that stood the test of time. It's been 32 years (30 years if we're going with the anime) and the series are still very popular, despite DBZ not being in its heyday anymore.

I can't remember any other anime who can claim that.

Years
  • Here's the problem though. Dragon Ball really is one of the animes that stood the test of time. It's been 32 years (30 years if we're going with the anime) and the series are still very popular, despite DBZ not being in its heyday anymore.

I can't remember any other anime who can claim that.

Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z is basically one of a handful of anime to truly go worldwide. Sailor Moon and Astro Boy are arguably its peers, but I'm not sure how global Astro Boy even got aside from definitely being aired in the US all the way back in the 1950s and 1960s, and Sailor Moon had to compete with the stigma that a boy "shouldn't like stuff targeted at girls" even in the 1990s while Dragon Ball didn't really have to compete with such a stigma in most Western countries. Pokemon and Digimon were arguably peers, but those are driven so much more by their games than by anything else.

There are better anime, but they weren't treated as an "all-ages" affair like Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z got chopped up into when being redubbed and rebroadcast the world over.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Super was doing good with the tournament stuff until the reveal that Frost was literally just a character space wasted on Blue Freeza.

Hopefully Vegeta's next fights will make up for it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I love DBZ more than any other anime. Power level high or not its way too awesome. Nothing is near DBZ. That's why I want one of those emblem of DBZ in playground.

Years
  • DBZ had some cool fights. Personally though I think saying it's the best anime of all time is a bit of a stretch though. It's definitely one of the most successful though.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I never really watched Anime but I've been branching out a little the older I get. I've started watching Dragon Ball (Whichever one where Goku is a little boy) and I'm really enjoying the episodes. Do people prefer Dragon Ball Z over Dragon Ball? I know everyone has their own opinions and stuff but what does the consensus look like?

Years
  • Sure, It was the very definition of my childhood. I grew up talking about Dragonball, seeing Dragonball, talking Dragonball, giving a kamehameha wave and doing the instant transmission. But as time went by, I found anime which gave me much more ferment and rendered me immobilized.

Dragonball cannot be the best anime ever made. There is NO "best anime ever made". People's opinion, their perception, their ideals will always differ. One simply cannot declare "Best anime ever" deeming how there will always be a new era of something.

Personally, I would objectively classify Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood as the best Anime ever, but that cannot change the fact that people still condemn it. I do not find a reason to resent FMAB, but still I find people who cannot say they like it. That's how it is. Dragonball Z was our childhood, and still continues to delight us with nostalgia. We are indulged to this series but we cannot simply take a blind eye that Dragonball still has many holes. It's my personal treasure, but I find FMAB much more enjoyable and better.

Apologies, but DB series cannot be the best anime out there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    That's a funny way of spelling Yu Yu Hakusho.

I can't agree with this more. I really enjoyed the DB series when I was younger, but after attempting to revisit it recently it is just a horrid storyline and poorly scripted. DB series was good for the targeted audience/age-range at the time.

Yu Yu Hakusho didn't get the amount of praise it truly deserved because it was placed on the Adult Swim network, vastly restricting it's audience.

Back