• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Faeries & Lycans [Epilogue]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Heehee

Okay guys, just a quick update on the current phase: I'm at a family reunion so I've been on my phone this whole time. I haven't really had a chance to get on a computer to move things along, so this phase might go a bit long. There's plenty of discussion happening, though, so that doesn't seem to be much of an issue. I might be able to progress things in a few minutes since everyone here is going to sleep, so we'll see what happens. d;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Ice
    Nagi
    Cosmic

Sopheria
    Sonata
    gimmepie
    Jupiter
    Klippy
    Ash
    Infinite
    Candy
    Lucid
    Ninja Aiden

Sonata
    Shak
    Sopheria
    Fantome
    Ice
    Netto Azure
    gio7sm
    no

Shak
    Lycanthropy
    Orpheus
    Melody
    Eros

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Since naku is working on the post I'm going to go ahead and say who I believe to be innocent. I've gone through the day's posts as well as some of the other day posts so far. And I believe that Infinite is innocent.

Please someone protect me tonight or at least put traps outside so whoever kills me gets injured in the process.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Honestly, even after reading Aiden's defense/interpretation, I can't really buy Sonata's version of the role. Yes, riddles are hard, but it would seem a bit unbalanced if both the Seer and Seer Ascendant are allowed to actively investigate/have indirect 'visions' at the same time. Shak may not be the best debater, but I still think his description of the role fits the OP's more - that he's kind of a 'backup' investigator if the Seer dies. Keywords 'successor' and 'untimely demise' of current Seer.

gimmepie's proposal also makes sense to me since I don't know who to trust. It sounds kind of mean to sacrifice Sopheria, and a waste of a life if she really is innocent, but knowing her alignment for sure will give us a clearer idea of who is lying. And it's the best way to do it without potentially killing the Seer Ascendant, whoever it may be.

Only problem with that is Sonata already claimed, early on, that his vision gave him two leads and it was between Sopheria and one other person, so he has an easy out/answer even if Sopheria comes up innocent. :s And that's another issue I have with his role claiming - I don't know if this has been cleared up yet, but he said he won't reveal what his other lead is until later today? Not sure why that is.

Soo, I kinda want to hear what that's about first before I vote, but I'm leaning towards Sonata. How much time is left, Naku?

Junage, the problem with that is that you too have interpreted the role as activating when the original Seer dies. But in the role description that's not quite accurate. The role activates in dire circumstances, like the untimely demise of the original Seer. The death of the Seer as the activation of the SA role is an example, and probably not the only way the ability activates. Bear in mind Sonata has also come face-to-face with these lycans, and that might have activated the ability. It also may mean that he is actually very dangerous to the lycans.

And actually, Sonata claimed that from the four riddles, it was a toss-up between three. The other three riddles he said lead him to an innocent, iirc. But I must say, that having Sopheria now be one of three is a little unnerving, and I feel like I'm being played for a fool here now. Sonata had better deliver.

Also, Im not really following Klippy and his obsession with lynching MI is suspicious. He's also not actually reading these posts much lmao. This day should be titled "The Great Debate" and left forever in history as the time my fingers have never moved faster across my keyboard lol.

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    What makes any one of you think that your interpretation of the role as described in the OP is correct? LMAO

Circuit

Years
    What makes any one of you think that your interpretation of the role as described in the OP is correct? LMAO

By reading. And by simple logics. In a game such as Mafia, it is important to note every single word used by the GM in official posts. I'm not saying that Sonata's interpretation of the role is 100% correct yet, but I am saying that the activation of the role is not likely limited to only when the original Seer dies, and my reasoning comes from the use of the word "like" to display an example.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    By reading. And by simple logics. In a game such as Mafia, it is important to note every single word used by the GM in official posts. I'm not saying that Sonata's interpretation of the role is 100% correct yet, but I am saying that the activation of the role is not likely limited to only when the original Seer dies, and my reasoning comes from the use of the word "like" to display an example.
    Not gonna lie, if I weren't the Seer Ascendant myself, I'd find you theory pretty legit. It does make sense and is pretty insightful.
    However, I don't see what other dire circumstances we've come across so far that would permit the ascendant to utilise such powers.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Something I kinda just noticed...why hasn't Sonata posted any of these riddles? You would think that he would want to get everyone's input on the meaning and solution to the riddles. Especially since he's saying that he couldn't figure out the other riddles, why wouldn't he post them here so that we can help him figure it out?

I know I'm as good as dead at this point, but I'm convinced at this point that Sonata is up to no good.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Something I kinda just noticed...why hasn't Sonata posted any of these riddles? You would think that he would want to get everyone's input on the meaning and solution to the riddles. Especially since he's saying that he couldn't figure out the other riddles, why wouldn't he post them here so that we can help him figure it out?

I know I'm as good as dead at this point, but I'm convinced at this point that Sonata is up to no good.
    I believe we're supposed to assume that he's not allowed to share them, sorta like our role posts.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    In the case he made up the role, you just gave him a fantastic excuse for not being able to proof it. Good job.
    It doesn't matter.
    Should Sopheria be innocent the plan is to lynch him anyway. What good would asking him to prove it do? It's not like I can prove mine

Circuit

Years
    Not gonna lie, if I weren't the Seer Ascendant myself, I'd find you theory pretty legit. It does make sense and is pretty insightful.
    However, I don't see what other dire circumstances we've come across so far that would permit the ascendant to utilise such powers.

I did mention this above, when responding to June-bean. His confrontation with the Lycans may have triggered it, or some event that only Sonata is aware of for the time being.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    The only problem I have with killing Sopheria is that even if she comes up Lycan, in the back of my mind there's still going to be the possibility that she and Sonata were both part of the Lycans, and this was a plan to gain everyone's trust so that we'll follow Sonata's word on who to lynch from now on. I don't think he would claim Sopheria is bad otherwise - if she's a Havenite it would lead to his death right away. It would be a good cover too, claiming the Seer Ascendant gets riddles and not direct visions - we won't be expecting him to be right every time. I could just be totally paranoid and Sonata is telling the truth, I honestly have no clue at this point lol. But it's why I don't think killing Sopheria is a good idea right now, and that killing Shak or Sonata will be a better move (but yes, we'll risk losing the real SA).

I'm in bed right now and too lazy to do actual quotes, so in response to Sonata, Aiden and Fantome, my answer is the same: I don't know and it really just depends on our individual interpretations of the role description. No one except the real SA knows for sure what their role does, we can only guess. Aiden, I read and understand your interpretation, and I agree that the 'such as' can mean his power can be activated by more than just the Seer's death, but IIRC Sonata said that he's been getting these visions/riddles every night from the beginning of the game, without anything triggering them, and that's why I'm a little hesitant to believe that both the Seer and Seer Ascendant are allowed to actively work on finding Lycans from the get-go.

Re: Aiden's comment about Klippy - This is actually something I've been dying to point out, but I didn't want to be the first to say it and I also felt like we had enough on our plate for the day lol. I don't know if he's just not that into this game or what, but it's very unlike him to not fully read posts and throw around joke votes like this when there is an actual discussion going on. Only explanation I can think of right now is that he could be the Warlock or something - wins by guessing who gets lynched during day phase three times. That could be why he's only interested in pushing for MI's death, and nothing else. Orrr he's just getting bored. :P

It's 2 am and I'm typing this from my phone, so I hope this post made a little sense but I'll probably wake up regretting it tomorrow
    and no I'm not going to do a tl;dr, don't sign up for mafia if you don't want to read long posts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Circuit

Years
    That's fair enough. Though I don't think risking either of the potential SAs is a good idea at this point. And besides, even if they are working together as Lycans, should Sonata get a riddle wrong and cause us to lynch an innocent, he'll die. He has no room for error in this game. Yeah, he may not be able to perfectly solve the riddles, but it's either a risk he'll have to take, or just sit back and keep to himself. I also don't remember Sonata saying that he had visions every night. He said that his visions came in waves of 7 riddles: 4 pointed to a Lycan, 3 pointed to a Havenite. That leads me to believe he's only had one so far.

I think for now we really need to watch Klippy too. This is strange behaviour, and I'm very wary of it.

Back