• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Fakemon Design Contest

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Oops, I forgot to send confirmation PMs.

I sent them now and I think that everybody who already sent posted here.

Years
  • I was reading some news stories that inspired me to go down a different road, than I had thought of originally , but fakemon content was made nevertheless, and submitted just in the nick of time. I hope this event comes back next year. All of the entries were creative and interesting to see/read, and I really enjoyed the helpful feedback offered.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • I literally started making my second fakemon entry at 9 p.m. my time, with the deadline set at 2 a.m. but... I made it somehow. :sadwick:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Any news as to when we'll be able to see the results of this round? At this point I don't really care who wins, I'm excited to see everyone else's entries!

Years
  • Any news as to when we'll be able to see the results of this round? At this point I don't really care who wins, I'm excited to see everyone else's entries!

EOs have been contacted - we're just waiting on them to collate results etc together, shouldn't be much longer!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023

Fakemon Design Contest - Prompt #2 Results

Background image done by deviantart user lenaachan

Hey there, today was chaotic and it took a while to get the results out, but we're finally here!

Acknowledgements

First and foremost, thank you all for participating! This was the first time I ran a competition event like this so I was learning as I went along but thank you all for participating and doing gorgeous pieces of art and design, many of which I very much want to see in like a plushie or something.

Regardless of who actually wins I think you've all done great and can be very proud of this fact!

I'd also like to thank Cube who volunteered to co-host! Things would have been very different if I were the only one in the panel and I don't think they'd necessarily be changed for the better - it's nice to have diverging opinions and point of views!

But enough about the gooey stuff, we're all here for ...

The results

If last time we had some close calls, this time they were closer than ever! From last (but certainly not least) place all the way to the winner, the entries for the first prompt were:

10 - Future Basculin by Panda280 (8 / 10)
    Spoiler:

9 - Puriloid by Vielleroue (8.7 / 10)
    Spoiler:

8 - Ice Age Pikachu by Megan (8.85 / 10)
    Spoiler:

6 - Ancient Gurdurr by 5qwerty (9.4 / 10)
    Spoiler:

6 - Future Frillish by gimmepie (9.4 / 10)
    Spoiler:

5 - Spinodile by fairy (9.45 / 10)
    Spoiler:

4 - Oxymorgon by Arcaneum (9.55 / 10)
    Spoiler:

3 - Kernexeed by Eleanor (9.65 / 10)
    Spoiler:

2 - Future Carbink by Kitty (9.7 / 10)
    Spoiler:

1 - Future Staryu by Vision of Milotic (9.75 / 10)
    Spoiler:

The Prizes

All members of the Top 3 were part of Team Guerreros, so for the team gets 175 points.

Team Guerreros also gets 30 (+5 x 6 points) more points for participating.
    Team Arqueros gains a total of 20 (+5 x 3 points) for participating.

Vision of MIlotic and Eleanor also gain a Smeargle VPP free of charge.
    Kitty's Smeargle VPP from the last round has been updated to shiny!

The final standing thus are 205 points for Team Guerrero and 20 points for Team Arqueros.

Once again, I hope you enjoyed this prompt, and that you've enjoyed the event as a whole! Thanks once more for participating.]

And if you have any feedback, feel free to say so in the Feedback Thread that should open in a few hours!

Last edited:

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
  • Well done everyone! My favorite has to be oxymorgon.

Regarding my submission, it is confusing. TBH, It doesn't make a lot of sense. However, what I'm trying to say is this is the version of RED and BLUE stripes basculin in the future. They died because they were too aggressive to rescue. However, some people managed to rescue some basculins. Those became white stripes, like in Hisui (They are gentler towards human). Back to the dying basculin, because they die in mass amount, their vengeful soul gathered in the dead body of RED and BLUE basculin. which is why the soul leaks through the head and jaws (decaying body). It's confusing. I should have stress that this is the RED and BLUE stipes basculin.

Glad you still like it! Thanks so much for hosting this event!

PS. A small request, if it's possible to make the post or the letter white in the spoiler? It's a bit difficult to read through.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Congrats everyone! These are some really fantastic and inspired designs and y'all should be super proud of yourselves! <33

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • To be honest, I was expecting to come in at the bottom, but this doesn't feel like a loss at all! I'm glad you loved Puriloid so much despite its shaky connection to the theme of the contest. And as for Shooting Star's comment that Iono could have a Fakémon like this, I did have Iono in mind when I was drawing Puriloid, so I'm glad you caught the reference there.

And to the rest, congratulations! You all did a great job! My favourites of this batch are Future Carbink and Snowchu, but all of them are good!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I like what the others did. Great job, you all! :D

Very disappointed in myself, though. The difference between "I'm under severe time pressure and quickly need to come up with something" from my first entry and "I have a lot of time so I really put in the effort" from my second entry ended up being so negligible. <_<

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    PS. A small request, if it's possible to make the post or the letter white in the spoiler? It's a bit difficult to read through.

Ahhh, that one was a CSS interaction. I set the color to black because of the bright background but I forgot that spoilers go back to your theme colors and I use a light theme so I didn't catch the difference.

I can't set the color white because then it'll be unreadable on light themes but I'll try to see if I can get some CSS there to make the background light as well.

EDIT: Spoilers should have a white backdrop now

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just want to say, before I forget to post, I think everyone's ideas were really cool and it was a lot of fun coming up with fakemon. I have to say though, Puriloid is definitely my favourite concept. I think it's genius.

Back