• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
    Under what conditions do you find it easiest to write?
    Outside listening to my music. I feel calm and no one is usually around me =)

Am I one of the few people in this forum who doesn't post fics on SPPf? O_o
    I posted my prologue but stopped after that. I just like being here more =). I'll stick here because I like my fellow writers here =)

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I posted my prologue but stopped after that. I just like being here more =). I'll stick here because I like my fellow writers here =)
    I made an account on Serebii and was about to post a chapter, but I decided against it and didn't actually post there ever. So, I can't really say much about the place, except that there's no way that their lounge is better than ours.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Our lounge is made of WIN! -brick'd by Serebiifen-

Well, FFnet is good if you just want to be crazy. Muses FTW...oh, and there's that lovley little profile section that you can change freely. Even though I post here for actual crit, FFnet still holds a place in my heart. I have a few things posted there that haven't been brought over here because they're so crappy. ^^

Bay

Years
    Wished Serebii has a lounge, but the moderators will close it for spam. :X Still like it there though because there are some good stories there.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
    I went to serebii at one point and didn't personally care for it. It seemed like there were a lot of people who carried a sort of unwarranted feeling of self importance. If memory serves, there were a few good stories there at the time, but I also noticed a number with questionable quality getting some pretty flattering praise.

(But I admit I wasn't there long before I turned tail and ran, so perhaps I'm being overly harsh)

I like there to be as little noise as possible, save for whatever music I'm listening too. I also don't like writing when it's really hot. I find I get frustrated and can't commit.

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I have a new question.

Have you ever had a dream about one of your Fan Fiction characters?

No, I'm not quite so lucky...

I have had dreams about games and a TV show, but that's all I can remember(both happened today)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    hm... KL, that actually sounds pretty cool! I think I'll read it!

Well, I'm writing a Sonic Fanfic:

Basically, Momoko has found the Red Chaos Emerald (Though, she thinks it's just a regular gem that just *happens* to look like a Chaos Emerald) And the next day she sees a report about a "mysterious hedgehog-like creature" that stole a gem from a bank in a nearby city...

Shortly after hearing the report, she encounters Dr. Eggman reeking havoc in her city... and then using the emerald, she transforms into a purple hedgehog with a punch of cool powers (Fire and Chaos) and defeates Eggman's robot (which just so happens to resemble the Egg Breaker)... And then Shadow appears from nowhere. (wearing a cloak) and recruits her to "assist him"...

Apparently, Sonic, Shadow, and Dr.Eggman (who just happened to be nearby >.>) got into *yet another* Chaos Control Freak Accident and wound up on Earth (Our Earth, not the one in the Sonic games.), then Sonic got possessed (since he's possessed he stole the emerald), and Eggman as usual, doesn't give a crap and starts blowing stuff up, leaving Shadow to to be the "hero" and stuff.

(explanation to why Shadow would need help: Whatever is possessing Sonic is REALLY Powerful. I mean like REALLY REALLY powerful.)

So Shadow's "mission" is to defeat whatever it is that's possessing Sonic, Get the Chaos Emeralds and get himself, Sonic, and Eggman back to their dimension.

~~~~~

Who likes the idea?

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011

The psychopathic Zangoose in MNIF came from a dream (eh, nightmare. He was chasing me. o//O) Does that count?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

Yes, actually, I have. The hilarity doesn't end there, however: I may actually be using the events that occurred in said dream in my book. It was some good stuff. XD

If I'm writing the Eon Chronicles, I like to be slightly cold, with my feet up on the chair, either listening to really soft piano music or nothing at all. For Mastermind everything is the same except I'm listening to hardcore techno music.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Wished Serebii has a lounge, but the moderators will close it for spam. :X Still like it there though because there are some good stories there.

Huh. That's weird. They've got something similar for their ASB and Fizzy Bubbles. (I know this because I've been linked to page-long plans to spam-raid boards I was in charge of on them.)

And there's the other reason why I refuse to go back to SPPf: because these people apparently stalk me. That and the entire "people either ignore or flame my fics" reason that was also brought up with other people. (Although I suppose something like His Angel kinda deserved it.) It's great to know you guys are in the same boat. *thumbs up*

None of the original ones, unfortunately. Canon characters pop up every so often and fuel my crack-addled plot bunny machine.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    *Makes his not so triumphant return to the FF lounge*

I have...
    An old OC of mine named Lyric Popped up in my dream a month back...
    She was dancing at a rave or something, I don't really remember...

I...Don't know.
    I really don't know...
    :/
    It just happens...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yes. We were facing off in a math competition.

Whenever I don't have ten million other things to worry about. Which is rare.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

I logged onto Serebii today and went to the Debate board. I challenged Babylon (the board moderator) to a debate on whether patronization is acceptable or not and he infracted me because I was (apparently) being disrespectful. Sure, I may have been slagging him off a bit, but giving me an infraction is taking it a little too far. Serebii is way too strict.

I have a new question.

No, I'm not quite so lucky...

I have had dreams about games and a TV show, but that's all I can remember(both happened today)

No. I consider myself a sane member of society.

Huh. That's weird. They've got something similar for their ASB and Fizzy Bubbles. (I know this because I've been linked to page-long plans to spam-raid boards I was in charge of on them.)

And there's the other reason why I refuse to go back to SPPf: because these people apparently stalk me. That and the entire "people either ignore or flame my fics" reason that was also brought up with other people. (Although I suppose something like His Angel kinda deserved it.) It's great to know you guys are in the same boat. *thumbs up*

CopyCat was probably the second worst troll in the history of the internet. All he managed to do was tick a lot of people off on both of the forums. Why is there no such thing as a troll these days?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I logged onto Serebii today and went to the Debate board. I challenged Babylon (the board moderator) to a debate on whether patronization is acceptable or not and he infracted me because I was (apparently) being disrespectful. Sure, I may have been slagging him off a bit, but giving me an infraction is taking it a little too far. Serebii is way too strict.

I saw that and was wondering who it was, I too received an infraction form Babylon.

No. But I did dream about my Feraligtr on crystal when I was ten.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    No, but I think I remember dreaming about a Swellow on top of a castle or something...hmmm...

Hah. I hardly even go to SPPf anymore. This forum's too good. I can't even remember my account. :D I only used it to post something about Saber's Revelation fic...

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Ohhh, I remember having a really trippy dream about Pearl Version that eventually became The Sixth Warrior. I (as the Dawn character) was going through Stark Mountain, but instead of Buck, my rival was there...he ended up, like, confessing his love for me or something. o.O I was on a Twinleafshipping binge back then, yeah. I do distinctly remember bringing up the Start menu. It looks really, really weird in real life. -pokes floating Start menu-

Bay

Years
    For NE, I actually dreamed of Bunny being mad at Jenny calling her "Bun-Bun." XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

I don't think I have. xD But I don't remember a lot of my dreams anyway, so...I might have, but I don't remember.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016

I had a dream about saving my main character's Yanma from... well, never mind. Don't wanna give it away because I'm using my dream plot in a future chapter.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    I think I'm... apparently the only person here who would much rather be posting on Serebii. :/ Two reasons: the writers' lounge forum in general is more active, and there I generally always get at least some feedback on each chapter I post. My PokéCommunity activity is limited to posting my own fics and refreshing this thread, pretty much.

For me it's just a matter of being in the right mood. Although I have had a couple of very nice writing sprees when my Internet was down.

I've had two or three dreams about The Quest for the Legends, always in the form of actually being about me writing it even if the scene I was writing actually played out in my head. I've never dreamt about myself meeting the characters or them being real or anything like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back