• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite cat Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2019
    My favorite cat is Glameow. It's prissy and classy, kind of like a Siamese cat :)

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    All cat Pokémon are good, but if I had to choose one, it's Skitty

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Aesthetically, probably Leafeon. Some people see it as more of a fox, but I can't see it as anything but a colorpoint cat (Siamese, Balinese, etc). Out of all the cat/cat-like Pokémon, I think it's the one I'd most like to have IRL.

Favorite cat Pokémon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Probably male meowstic (those navy stripes and green eyes!) though litten, persian and raikou are good bois too. Meowth would be like my second favorite if they had kept it as cute and as quadrupedal as it was in gen 1

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Oooh, cats! I love the Shinx line, it's my favourite cat! But I can't forget Meowstic (it's the only scale model Pokemon I have :v), both of them(male and female). They look like a combination of majestic and adorable cat aura. What's that? Ask Tom or Garfield.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Persian. The original one, not that horribly mutated one.

I require elegance and beauty in my life, and Persian best fits that description, both among cat Pokemon, and among Pokemon in general. It took effort to get one for my Shield team, but I went through the whole trading/breeding/everstone process, and having Persian on my squad as an end result was well worth it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    i think alolan meowth is precious but I also love meowstic
    ...honestly i love them all so much lol

Years
  • Litleo and Pyroar are some of my favorite Kalosian Pokemon, and it's a shame they kind of get forgotten about, especially since they introduced a Fire type cat just one gen later. Still love those lions, though!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Skitty forever. It is so hella cute, might be the cutest of all pokemon. I definitely wish I could have one IRL haha.

Funnily, the colors in the GBA were so bad that for the longest time I thought Skitty was orange. But the anime and later games showed it to be pink :3 that made it even cuter.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Liepard, of course! The dark type-feline is so elegant, I love its coloration and its gorgeous design. It's quite the sophisticated cat, indeed! Definitely one of my favourite gen 5 mons.

I also do adore Glameow, Skilly, and Delcatty as well!

It's quite ironic how fond I am of feline Pokémon, given how I have an aversion to real-life cats.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Does Eevee or it's Eeveelutions count? If so, then one of them.

I don't have the publication to confirm, but I came upon this article a few days ago. Apparently there's an art book in which Eevee's original designer/pixel artist mentions that, while Eevee wasn't based on any distinct animal, it reminded him of a "fluffy cat" or "dog-like creature." I was really surprised that there was no explicit mention of foxes!

So, in some sense, I guess you could say that Eevee is a cat (but also a dog). However, I'm not sure how many of the Eeveelutions would count as cats (as far as I know, none of their origins were discussed). Espeon clearly has feline inspiration, being based on nekomata (fork-tailed cat spirits), but the rest aren't so obvious. (For what it's worth, I see Vaporeon, Espeon, and Leafeon as cats, Jolteon and Sylveon as dogs, and the others somewhere in-between.)

Last edited:

pkmin3033

If we're going purely by aesthetics, it'd be Raikou. It might be classified as a Legendary Beast, but its design is very clearly based off a sabre-toothed tiger, and it's badass. I love Raikou's design. Otherwise, it'd be Shinx. Shinx is adorable, and it's one of the better early-game Electric types. Was pretty great using one in Explorers of Sky too.

...I like Thundercats, okay.

Back