• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Fire Starter?

Which Fire type Starter?

• Charmander

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 18 18.0%

• Total voters

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • Chimchar was my first starter, so he is my favorite. Cyndaquil was my second, and he is so cute haha. I like both of their final evolutions as well!

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Charmander, considering it was the first one I got back in the original games. And Charizard is one of my favorites.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Fennekin because 1.) Foxes are bada$$ animals and 2.) Fire-Psychic is an insanely cool type combination. I love how they diverged from the typical Fire-Fighting combo that they're always using w/ Fire starters. Solely based off looks, I'd either go w/ Charmander or Chimchar, probably Charmander, except I don't pick my favorites based on only looks, it comes down to the full package. Fennekin, hands down.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Cyndaquil is my favorite fire starter of the bunch. It has a more simple design and concept which I've missed in the more recent fire starters. The fact that it has a simple design really brings me back for some reason, and not to mention it's also cute and evolves to Typhlosion who is definitely one of my favorites!

Years
  • Could've swore that I answered this one already, but it looks like I missed this thread somehow :p

Anyway, it wasn't until looking at the list of the six Pokemon there that I realized... I really don't care for most of the Fire type starters. For the starters in gen 2 and beyond, I'm indifferent about them, or in the case of both Chimchar and Tepig, I just can't see myself ever using them. That just leaves Charmander, who I ended up voting for in the poll.

Maybe it's because Charizard was seen as the coolest Pokemon back in the early days of Pokemon, but I've always had a soft spot for it, even if it isn't my favorite of the Kanto starters. And even though it'll be hard to come by, I still want a Charizard Base Set card in my collection, just to say that I have one.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Charmander: Okay (1)
    Charmeleon: Dislike (0)
    Charizard: Like (2)
    TOTAL: 3 points

Cyndaquil: Okay (1)
    Quilava: Love (3)
    Typhlosion: Like (2)
    TOTAL: 6 points

Torchic: Dislike (0)
    Combusken: Hate (-1)
    Blaziken: Like (2)
    TOTAL: 1 point

Chimchar: Dislike (0)
    Monferno: Dislike (0)
    Infernape: Like (2)
    TOTAL: 2 points

Tepig: Okay (1)
    Pignite: Hate (-1)
    Emboar: Dislike (0)
    TOTAL: 0 points

Fennekin: Like (2)
    Braixen: Okay (1)
    Delphox: Hate (-1)

Cyndaquil line wins!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Probably Charmander. I like all three evos there, while in most others I'm favorizing one or two stages. Chimchar and Torchic come second, thanks to their fire/fighting evos!

Years
  • My favourite is Cyndaquil, since that was the starter I chose when I first got the original gold game. Was also the first pokémon I ever got to level 100 :)

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • I'm gonna do what KKN did:

Charmander: Like (2)
    Charmeleon: Like (2)
    Charizard: Like (2)

Cyndaquil: Like (2)
    Quilava: Love (3)
    Typhlosion: Like (2)
    TOTAL: 7 points

Torchic: Like (2)
    Combusken: Okay (1)
    Blaziken: Dislike (0)
    TOTAL: 3 point

Chimchar: Okay (1)
    Monferno: Dislike (0)
    Infernape: Hate (-1)
    TOTAL: 0 points

Tepig: Love (3)
    Pignite: Like (2)
    Emboar: Okay (1)

Fennekin: Like (2)
    Braixen: Okay (1)
    Delphox: Hate (-1)

So the cyndaquil line is my favorite, with charmander and tepig as close seconds. Fire is one of my least favorite types, mainly because of chimchar's line and magmar's line and the fact that the majority of them are mediocre at best. I've only had a fire-type starter once, and that was cyndaquil in gold.

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
    Years
  • Seriously I can't decide what fire type I choose cause I like them all but since this is a survey
    I choose Tepig is my favorite fire type starter, while Charmander and Cyndaquil are seconds choose........

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I mostly pick water-type starters , but If I had to choose one of those 6 fire starters ... well ... I really like Chimchar and Fennekin, but i think I prefer Fennekin because it evolves into a fire and psychic type pokémon which is interesting! And I like it's design(I really loved foxes) Chimchar evolves into Infernape which is a badass pokémon, I really like his design but I still prefer Fennekin ^^

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Typhlosion. Cyndaquil was the first Pokemon I ever raised, and I became extremely attached to Typhlosion very quickly. Absolutely loved its design the moment I saw it, and I actually really like every stage to this line... which is kind of rare for me, since most starter evolutionary lines usually have ONE I don't care for (usually middle.) Ironically, I actually love each stage even more than the one before it... and I love Cyndaquil.

Torchic gets an honorable mention for being the absolute cutest Fire Starter, though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Although I love Tepig, I am not a fan of his 2nd evo. Not to mention Fire/Fighting had become annoying at this point.

Anyways, my favorite would probably have to go to Fenniken. I love pokemon that stand on all 4 even though this one doesn't once it evolves, but it is still a unique type for a started with Psy.

Cydaquill would come in second. Torchic third, Infernape fourth, Tepig fifth and Charmander sixth, mainly because it is overused and a lot of people love Charizard as is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2015
    My favorite is a really close tie between Chimchar and Cyndaquil. Though if I was forced to choose one I would probably pick Chimchar.

Back